I have forgotten my registered email:((

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amirch, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amirch, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015

amirch macrumors newbie

hello
    I bought a second hand iPhone.
    I do not have a password Apple iPhone di previous owner.
    Now the iPhone is required to activate the password and I do not have access to it. Please guide What do I do?
    The seller says he does not remember details
    plz help me:(

2. goldencali macrumors newbie

Try inputting all the email addresses that you're using and if one pushes thru, retrieve your password, and go from there.

3. wolfaaron macrumors regular

I remember forgetting my password after a surgery but passwords are easy to recover. Email addresses not so much. Your best bet is to ask someone that you've sent an email to with it or try to remember it. If it's icloud locked then you just locked yourself out of your home until you remember the email.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

"I forgot my apple id password and i forgot my registered email"

Is this for real, ....without a serious brain damage, I don't believe so????

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

On the Apple site, you are asked for a backup email for the account. Did you input one? If so, use that to retrieve your account information. You will also have to answer 3 security questions, once you are able to log in.

It might be a good idea to look into using a password manager, (like 1Password) so that you could store passwords and important and secure notes etc. and be able to retrieve them when need be.

6. amirch thread starter macrumors newbie

in fact:
    I bought a second hand iPhone.
    I do not have a password Apple iPhone di previous owner.
    Now the iPhone is required to activate the password and I do not have access to it. Please guide What do I do?

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Do I understand you correctly?

1) You bought a used iPhone that still has the other person's account attached to it.

2) You want to know how to bypass that, so that you can use the phone without having to be asked for the password all the time?

If my understanding of your request is accurate, you will need to look elsewhere as Macrumors does not approve of or support such requests.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

9. Chatter macrumors 6502a

10. chrfr macrumors 603

Return it. You can't use that phone for anything but parts.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yet another thread on how to override the activation lock on a stolen iPhone.

12. JulesJam, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015

JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

This is called iCloud locked or activation locked. You bought an iCloud locked iPhone. No one here will help you try to circumvent that.

You need to contact the seller and get them to remove the device from their iCloud account. If they won't do it, then you need to pursue a refund.

Next time you buy a used iPhone, check its activation lock status here:

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Also, read this:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

and this:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

----------

In all fairness some of these people likely are naive buyers, not thieves. A better response is the one I gave which will educate them for future purchases.

People on this site may be very educated about these things, but the average person is not and they can easily be duped into buying a phone not knowing this could happen to them. Lots of honest people get taken advantage of by thieves and scammers. If a naive buyer doesn't understand why the phone won't activate, I can see someone legitimately asking for advice on what to do. What they should do is get a refund if possible and if not, chalk it up to an expensive life lesson and learn how to prevent if from happening to them again in the future.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, but we've gotten a number of threads from posters who actually stole the said iPhone and pretended to be the buyer. I didn't see the OP before he edited it but based on one of the responses, didn't he originally write that he's forgotten both his password and email address? Now he appears to be singing a different tune. Why would he "forgot" a registered email that belongs to the seller?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Contact the seller and return the phone to him.

15. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Also, there are not just naive buyers out there but also naive sellers who don't know to turn off Find My iPhone before they sell. Not everyone who sells an iCloud locked iPhone is selling a stolen iPhone.

Many people with iPhones don't know how to use them. Heck, my whole family but me uses iPhones and none of them know how to use them very well. If it weren't for me, they wouldn't have even known to turn on Find My iPhone in the first place and even after I had them do it, when they have lost their devices in the past they didn't know what to do to find their phone, lol!

IME the bulk of iPhone users are people so tech unsavvy that they can't figure out how to use an Android, lol! Yes you have educated users like those who post here and jailbreakers, but that is a very small percentage of iPhone users.

There are tech unsavvy android users for sure, but usually they end up migrating to iPhones b/c Androids are so frustrating to use if you don't know what you are doing.

----------

I understand but clearly English isn't his first language so he may be using a translator to post here and that could account for the title of his post being so off.

Regardless, if he is a thief he didn't get any help here other than education about the futility of posting here if he was looking for a way to circumvent the iCloud lock.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Let's be realistic. Those victims coming here asking for help aren't going to lie through their teeth and said they've forgotten their own registered email.

17. chrfr macrumors 603

The OP edited his first post, which was originally lies about forgetting his own email address. In that context, the title made sense. The original message is below.

18. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Got it - looks like I am the one who is naive as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, lol!

19. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Good work on providing a useful answer without feeling the need to use condesending tones like everyone else :)

20. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Create a new Apple ID and that will work to activate the phone. Then you can contact Apple and see if they can pull up your account information by other means.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wow, so after admitting to being naive you're actually trying to help a thief?

22. chrfr macrumors 603

No, this won't work. Only the ID that was used to unlock the phone will unlock it. If it were this easy to bypass iCloud activation lock, what would its value be?

23. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

I was responding to his first post in which he was not claiming to have an activation locked phone. In that post he was simply claiming he forgot his Apple ID. He didn't say the iPhone was activation locked in that post as best I could understand it. This is what you said his first post was:

24. chrfr macrumors 603

OK, but he's updated that post after admitting to lying.
    In any case, what I said remains true. It's not possible to get around activation lock by using a different Apple ID. What he described is exactly activation lock.

25. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

LOL! Did you read the post I was responding too? Um no, you didn't. In that post he was simply claiming to have forgotten his Apple ID, not that the phone was activation locked.

I agree his edits are suspicious. Nonetheless, if your iPhone is not activation locked and you forgot your Apple ID, you can create a new one to get the phone activated to use and then work with Apple to see if they can help you remember your old Apple ID. Nothing wrong with what I suggested he do.

Geesh, who died and anointed you the iPhone Chief of Police, lol!

----------

Right but I was responding to his first post according to what you posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.