I have Mass Effect in my hands...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gloss, Nov 10, 2007.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

...K-Mart reportedly broke the street date, so I moseyed on down to the nearest branch, and sure enough, three copies on the shelf.

[​IMG]

Not sure how they missed this bit:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, probably going to beat Bioshock before I dive in. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Assuming I don't sell it for $200 on ebay. ^.^

2. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Just checked the Kmart in Louisville. No luck. I tried to convince the old lady working electronics to check the back for me to no avail.

Oh well, good find gloss!

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Oh gloss you luck SOB ;):D

Let us know what the games like if you keep it...

4. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

I'm going to keep it. I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of learning to use ebay. ;)

I'll fire it up once I finish Bioshock. I'm headed to Apollo Gardens now, so the end is nigh.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

nice dude, I love when they break street dates :D I'm really on the fence about getting Mass Effect this year... so many other games and it's sounding like Mass Effect is hella long and begs a few playthroughs....

But can you get in trouble with MS for playing a game early? didn't they punish Halo 3 dudes for having it before it released?

6. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

It's not my responsibility, technically. The onus is on the retailer for selling it.

On the Bioware forums the company reps basically said Congratulations to the first guys who got it.

7. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

There's no reasonable way to get the game out of the hands of the early purchasers - all Bioware can do is have Microsoft smack around some poor Kmart employees until they pull it off the shelves...

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i went to the mall today and poked around at every store that sells games to see if maybe someone else screwed up by alas.... no Mass Effect :( *goes back to CoD4*

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I went out over the weekend to see if I could find it but without luck....man I should be more hype about this game but I'm not. If I get my hands on a copy I'll be happy but if I cant find it....oh well.

I guess I gotta see more videos to get hyped up.

Bless

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

eBay. Now. You'll make a fortune. Screw the game now, it sounds like you can live without playing it early. Whereas you should be capitalising on people who can't ;)

11. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

In hindsight, I should have bought all three copies and ebayed two. Oh well. I opened it this morning and have been playing it the past few hours. It is most excellent, and I haven't been so enthralled with a game since I first played Skies of Arcadia. Assuming the quality remains the same throughout, this may be a must-buy for the 360.

12. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

13. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Working for kmart pharmacy the past 7 years, this does not surprise me what so ever. It's amazing the amount of idiots the company hires.

14. erkanasu macrumors 6502

this is obviously excluding yourself, right :p

15. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

For the record, the game is pretty amazing. I think you all are in for a treat next week. Don't hestitate!

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I had my chance on getting this game...my name was written on it but I past it up...my friend got it instead and after seeing him played it I'm kinda cool I didn't buy it.

The game looks really cool and the character models are top notch....like Oblivion in space. I thought it was a straight up RPG(FF Style) but this is an action adventure RPG just like The Elders Scrolls which is really cool.

I might borrow it from him when he's done with it.....but that game looks like it taxes the 360 so im iffy about it.

Bless

17. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Occasional framerate issues but nothing gamebreaking. I think the third-person perspective works far better than Oblivion's first-person, and the story itself provides a far stronger framework. It is, on the whole, a tighter and more cohesive experience than Oblivion.

18. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

19. slicedbread macrumors regular

is this more of a single player or multi player game?

20. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

21. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Just completed the main storyline this morning. Quite good - very satisfying while still allowing (nay, setting up for) the inevitable sequels.

Final judgement = flawed masterpiece.

22. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I went to Target today around 12 pm and they had a spot for Mass Effect but no actual copies. Don't know if they broke the street date, but Assassin's Creed was also sold out...

23. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Knowing target it was probably just a box of rocks.

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

:eek: I just read a review. This game is a modern version of Starflight or Star Control 2, both of which I played and enjoyed when I was younger. SF is the grand daddy of Mass Effect and SC2 is one of my all time favorite games. It's up there with System Shock and The Digg. :eek:

DAM YOU MICROSOFT!! :mad:

Well, I could always rent a 360 for a week and shutdown shop. :)

<]=)

25. caffeeneaddict macrumors regular

Target has at least 2 boxes per store. I know this because I work in electronics there and have seen it for myself.....i just can't have one till tomorrow.:mad: