I have my ATT iPhone 4s, but didnt pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spikefood, Oct 17, 2011.

1. spikefood macrumors regular

So I've got my ATT iPhone 4s in my hand yet I have not paid a dime yet. There was a pre-authorization on my debit card but it disappeared. I'm curious if anyone else if having this experience. I preordered the phone on the 7th, had the pre-authorization on the 9th and then it went away. It's possible they may charge me on my next ATT wireless bill, or later on.

If anyone could chime in on this it would be great. I'd like to transfer the $400 from my debit to my credit card to pay some bills but am currently worried that if I transfer the money then if I get charged I'll get an over draft fee. And that's something I'm not willing it to.

Thanks.

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Last year it took about 8-10 days before my AT&T charge for my iPhone hit my account. Don't transfer the money cause the charge is coming.

3. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Trust me, you will be charged. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but it will happen soon. Do not transfer the money under any circumstances.

4. Mech63s macrumors member

yah mine shipped last tuesday or wednesday, recieved it on friday. I never had a hold, or a charge on my credit card. So far its a free phone as well! But Im sure I will get charged for it some time or another.

5. svenn macrumors 6502

Don't worry, they wouldn't forget to charge you. It will show up soon, guaranteed. You must be new to using cards. I suggest if you are that close to overdrawing, you shouldn't waste $ on expensive phones. Just my .02 :cool:

6. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Put extra money in there in case they double charge you :p

7. DroidRules, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

So basically OP you're trying to be a thief? You want to move your money around because you haven't paid for an item yet with the hopes of never having to pay for that item? Hmmmmm.... maybe a public forum isn't the best place for you to admit you have no morals.

I know I know, they sent you the phone and didn't charge you.... it's not your fault right? Well if they had double charged you what would your thread be about that? Of course you'd be up in arms and foaming at the mouth..... they don't charge you and it's cool.... You'll just move some money around to pay other bills not worrying about the one bill you're asking about that you haven't paid yet. Maybe you should call the company and let them know you haven't been charged.... then you would have no reason to "move" the money around because you would know the charge is coming out.
    Don't worry, seems there's another poster in your thread with just as loose morals as you.

No it's not a free phone, it's a phone you haven't paid for yet.... if they don't charge you and you don't pay for it, it will be the phone you stole. I guess who ever it is (at&t, verizon, ect) that sent you the phone can just take a few hundred dollars out of your account each month..... after all it's free money to them right. You of course wouldn't have an issue with that seeing as you have no issue with getting a "free" phone.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would just keep the money in the bank. I doubt they would forget about you, especially since all of these phones are serialized and linked to an account. It could come in as soon as today, but we don't know (so that's why its best you keep the money in there).

So basically you didn't read the OP?
    :rolleyes:
    Calm your chizz, bro.
    It's almost as if you didn't read the OP - wait, you didn't.

9. DroidRules, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

What are you talking about? He wants to move money on an account he knows is set aside for the phone. He of course doesn't want to incure an over draft if they do happen to send the payment through. IF he expects them to charge him then why wouldn't he just leave the money there for that expected charge? Does he also write checks and then take the money out of his account simply because they haven't deposited that check? Maybe I'm reading more into this than there is but why move money around that you have set aside for a phone if you think the charge will still go down? Only reason I can see to move the money to another account for other bills is the belief that the charge may never go through..... which of course would mean the phone wasn't paid for which of course means it would be stolen.

10. benjamin9876 macrumors member

i didnt get charged either. preorder on 7th from att
    but they took away my $200 avaiable credit.... it should be coming soon.
    too much charge they have to make....