I have to give up iPhone, thinking BB Tour.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big Dave, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Big Dave macrumors 6502

I moved from Detroit to a small town in Florida. I don't get a single bar on Edge at my new house. Verizon is showing 3g coverage at my new address. I may be forced to give up my iPhone. Anyone got anything bad to say about a BB Tour?

2. stahl7639 macrumors member

I have a Tour on Sprint. The phone is a flat out beast for messaging and email. I have found nothing to complain about in regards to the Tour. However, I am having trouble with Sprint, as I just moved and every call I place or receive gets dropped.

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

If you really like the iPhone touch screen style, check out the HTC Incredible on Verizon.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If I was switching to Verizon, this is the phone I would be getting.

5. thetexan macrumors 6502a

The Tour (or any BB) is 1000x better at messaging and email than the iPhone. However it sucks at media and web browsing, and the applications aren't the best. Don't get a Storm, the touchscreen BB sucks.

My suggestion would be an Android phone. Right now Android 2.1 beats iPhone in almost everything except it lacks some applications iPhone has. Verizon has one called the Incredible that according to reviews lives up to its name. It is due to come out this Thursday. You'll also love Verizon's network.

6. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

It's a BlackBerry.

7. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

8. profets macrumors 68040

If its a cdma BB you want, then go for the Bold 9650 (Tour's replacement).

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

If email is your number 1 priority and not much else matters, get the Tour. However, I would say the Tour is the worse phone I have had. Everything little thing it does, it shows me the hour glass, takes 4 1/2 minutes to reboot and its just slow as molasses. I came from the Bold gen 1 and it just smokes the Tour in every single way. Other than that, its a blackberry just like every other blackberrys out there, not much else to say about it.

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Looks like there's an update to the Tour line coming out soon that replaces the trackball with a touch pad. Might be worth holding out a little bit.

11. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

12. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

If you like the iPhone, but need to switch to Verizon I would recommend either the Motorola Droid or the HTC Droid Incredible. Both of these phones will give you a very "iPhone like experience" but with Verizon coverage. I really enjoy my Droid and it has been rock solid since I bought it back in November.

13. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I was thinking about this today. I will take a 4.0 OS iPhone over any blackberry when it comes to email. I like the iPhone unified inbox better than the blackberry version and threaded messaging too. I just don't get the "Blackberry Advantage" anymore.

14. -PsYcHoNoVa- macrumors member

15. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

never trust anyone who uses "beast" as anything that's not a noun

16. -PsYcHoNoVa- macrumors member

Hahaha. When "beast" is used it's usually overrated.

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Pretty sure he used it as a noun. Read again.

18. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

lol, pwned.

19. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

As working for verizon I would honestly recommend to you to get the htc incredible. The tour is turning to be a very outdated device. With no official os 5.0 from verizon, the shipping os sucks. The track balls get disgusting from face oils and fingers and will eventually start to malfunction. And of the droid phones will get you an iPhone like experience, but the incredible will really give you today's technology.

Also i'm currently using the palm prē plus and it's a great little phone. Messaging and multi-tasking is very well executed and webos is a very nice user interface that is simple to use and also is refreshing to look at. The mobile hotspot feature allows you to share your $30 dollar 3G data plan with up to 5 devices so you get the smartphone plus the mifi all in one. My battery life is also quite good even with using mobile hotspot frequently throughout the day.

Hope that helps some.

20. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Have you gotten to handle/train with the Incredible yet? Is it really... incredible?

21. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I haven't trained or seen it yet, I'm not in a sales position but more operations/administration for two locations so Im not the first man on the front to have to know everything about the devices. I do try and keep up my know about them just in case I'm asked by someone.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

False. The Tour already has officially support OS 5.0 from Verizon. They have already released an OTA update for the Tour to go to 5.0. Also the Bold 9650 (Tour 2) was announced today and should be out by the end of next month. Sprint is getting it on May 23rd so Verizon should get it no later than that as the demos at WES today were all Verizon phones for the Bold 9650.

9650 has 512 megs of ram and they have added WIFI. it also will launch with OS 5.0 (which the tour 1 already has) It also has an optical track pad over the trackball.

24. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

lol Failed!