I have to pay 799 for the Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jun 9, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Thanks a lot security deposit! :D, oh well I get it back in a year when I pay my bill on time.

2. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

3. McBeats macrumors 6502a

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

5. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I went to AT&T she did a credit check and since I signed up for a credit card and I don't know if i'm approved yet she said its 500 dollars for the security deposit. So I may just pre-order it from that at&t store.

6. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

ATT has a $500 dollar deposit for those with no credit or subpar credit. When I broke off of my ex's contract and started my own last August I paid the same price as the OP for my 3GS.

I havent had any late charges to my bill since its birth and should be getting that $500 back late august/early september.

I will say to the OP that when it comes time to get your deposit back, make sure you contact ATT for it. A service rep was thorough on telling me to make sure I contact them, as they wont just send it to you.

Blonde Buddhist

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

They are definitely hoping you will forget about it so they can keep the money.

8. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

Did you already own a iphone or is this your 1st iphone cus now i am worried haha i got money for the upgrade but not for a deposit that big.

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Thanks, I definitely am very responsible with my funds and keep track of every dollar with my online banking. I will not forget about that 500 dollars, that is for sure.

First, i'm switching to AT&T from my parents Verizon family plan. I've waited 3 years for it to come to verizon, I am sick of waiting. I'm 19 and can have my own account so why not!

10. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

You are going to run into the same problem. The issue lies in the activation of the AT&T account and not where you buy it.

11. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I understand that, the lady gave me her card. So since I discussed it with her I may just pre-order it from her at that store.

No, I don't have credit yet. I've been working on getting a credit card though.

12. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

oh okay phew im good now.

13. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Surely you would be better off building credit rather than having AT&T hold $500 for a year. AT&T doesn't report to the credit bureaus, unless you don't pay of course.

14. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

She said since it is a reoccurring bill I am building credit. So come June 24th i'll finally have an iphone and no more waiting!

yeah I know lol, Im good with bills and online banking and paying. I will just used my checking for bill paying.

15. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

In Europe the price is €699 (~ $839) for the 32GB iPhone 4, so can't exactly say it seems outrageous ;)

16. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

How can I get a credit check performed on me before I preorder it? I do not want order it just to find out I have to put a 500$ deposit to activate it. I'm 19 I have some credit (All good) but not much....

17. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Like I said. I have AT&T for three years and they have never reported to the credit bureaus, as evidenced by my monthly credit reports.

18. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Go to the AT&T store, bring your license and have your social memorized. Well I have had mine memorized for a couple years but than in about 5 minutes they will tell you.

19. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

can they do it over the phone?

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No you're not. Utilities don't report to credit bureaus unless you don't pay. Sucks, but that's life.

21. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

oh well, companies are always getting people for something nowadays anyway.

No they need proof you are them, so they need to see ID and such.

22. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I had to do that with sprint (or what ever it was called at the time) in 1996because I was in college at the time and had no credit history.

I almost forgot about it but it was pretty cool when I go the deposit refund!! felt kinda like when you find 10 bucks in your jeans but times 50 :p

Thanks for the college memories,, I made (BEER!!!) good use of that money!

23. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I'd like to know what their ceiling number is for people who need to pay a deposit. I never had to 7 years ago with Verizon. This year when I moved to Virginia and bought a house, the utilities company made me though...I just think they had stupid high standard. I track my credit score on creditkarma.com and last month when I checked it, I was at 723. Not the best...but by no means bad. We'll see when I sign up I guess.

24. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Ha I have bad credit, they tell me my deposit will be $750. ;)

25. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Well that makes me feel a little better. Are you still getting it even with that in the way?