Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
10G iPod for myself
6Gb Mini - Sister
4Gb white Nano - Brother
30Gb 5G iPod - other sister
30Gb 5.5G iPod.. ME!

Thinking about getting my dad a shuffle, but then again, might get him a nano, but might be a bit hard for him to work... this is a person who has never used a computer. The only thing he knows is how to turn them off.

Meatball

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2006
I've bought two :)

iPod 4G 20Gb (Bought from Apple shop on Regent Street. Still going v.strong, my dads now)
iPod 5g 60gb (Bought in New York at J&R during school art trip)

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
23 iPods:eek: :cool:

I've only had a 1G 4GB blue mini, a 1G 512MB shuffle and the one I currently have is a 5G 30GB iPod:)

Slipperyskates

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2004
I bought the 20 gig 3G iPod (your number four, I believe) the day that they came out, and still use it daily. It is the only iPod I've ever owned. So that's 19 you've bought since I bought mine.

I have a friend who still uses his 1G iPod.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not really sure on the dates, but here's my story.

2002 - 1st gen 5GB with moving scrollwheel.
2002/3 - 1nd gen 10GB with moving scrollwheel. Sold first.
2003 - Last iPod broke, so I got a new one from Apple. They sent me a 2nd gen 10GB.
2003 - Sold 2nd gen for 15GB 3rd Gen.
2004 - I upgraded to the 30GB 3rd Gen and sold the first 3rd gen.
2004 - That iPod was stolen. I got a 20GB 4th gen. It was returned a year later while I still had the 4th gen.
2005 - Got a Shuffle from the pyramid scheme websites. I didn't need it, but it was nice to have a free iPod.
2005 - Upgraded to iPod with video, 20 GB - my current main iPod. I still have the Shuffle.
2006 - Bought my mom the 2 GB Silver 2nd gen Nano.

stevento

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2006
Los Angeles
i think this thread proves my point about apples business model.

they keep updating it and there are some people who just have to have the latest
so i had the shuffle, 2 nanos and i'm about to get another one.
and that will be it i swear.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
Why? Suggesting that money could be used to stop genocide is far from obnoxious.

You're mischaracterizing what he wrote. He didn't suggest that the money could be used to stop genocide, he made a judgement about someone's spending habits based solely on his own standards, suggesting that those habits are inappropriate. That's an obnoxious thing to do.

Moreover, rather than suggesting (which he didn't do) that the money might go to a worthier cause, he plugged the cause which he views as being of most importance. There are plenty of charitable causes out there, Darfur is not the only one.

We could all probably do without some of our material indulgences, and there are few causes that are more deserving than Darfur and other attempts to end genocide. Nevertheless, there is a time and a place for such comments, and there are much more tactful ways to convey such messages. I'm sorry, but the comment was obnoxious... don't let the fact that it had a "positive" message cloud your vision.

seb481

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2006
God!!! Someone someone has a **** load of money to give away here!!
So basically, you're telling us that anything selling with an iPod logo on it you will buy..... great. Apple's marketing department can be proud!

Chiggs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Donating to a charity is a wonderful thing and something that everyone who is able to do so should do. I believe that it is up to each individual to select a charity that they identify with. For me, donating to charity is generally a personal thing and something I just do...

Let's keep this thread focused on iPods though :)

I sincerely hope that in addition to a new iPod phone tomorrow that there are updates to the standard iPod line. I use a blackberry (issed to me through work) as my cell phone so I really can't make use of an iPod phone.

I'm hoping for an updated iPod with a larger screen and one that is thinner than the current 80 Gig version. As much as I love having 80 Gigs of capacity, my wife's 30 Gig iPod feels so much thinner and easier to hold.

The other update that I would love to see (not that I expect it) is the ability to rip my DVD's to an iPod/iTV compatible file directly within iTunes. I have 400+ DVD's that I have purchased and hate that I'm made to feel like I'm breaking the law (technicaly I think I might be) when I rip a copy of one of them to import onto my iPod. I've paid the money to the studio when I bought the DVD and feel as though I should be allowed to choose to watch the movie on my TV or my iPod.

Chiggs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
If you had said you traded 57 Zunes for an iPod I might have thought you were serious :)

Here's hoping I can order #24 tomorrow :) Less than 24 hours to go.

Chiggs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Only a few hours to go...

3 Hours until the keynote... Let's go Steve - give us some greatstuff today :)

andrew050703

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Portsmouth, U.K
I was going to say I've no iPod - still waiting for the iPhone

then I realised I just bought one as a christmas present for my friend!

can't believe I still haven't got one; only the itunes motorazr

Chiggs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I personally think that the iPhone is a fantastic combination of functionality and I'll buy one as soon as they make it to Canada but I'd like to call upon Steve Jobs to release a slightly modified version of the device without the phone functionality and with a larger hard drive.

http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/01/online-petition-for-iphone-minus-phone.html for my complete article...

Among others, I think such a device would appeal to the following groups of people who otherwise may not purchase an iPhone.

(1) People who for one reason or another don't want to switch to Cingular. Perhaps they are locked into a plan with another carrier or simply don't get reliable service in their area.

(2) People who have a corporate issued BlackBerry device who don't need a second phone number and who must retain their BlackBerry for work related reasons.

(3) People who want to purchase NOW. No mobile should mean no FCC approval (or a much faster approval process.)

(4) An immediate international audience. No separate carrier agreements means that Apple could sell these internationally as quickly as they could make them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.