I just deposited my check thru my banking app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unlimitedx, Jul 6, 2010.

1. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Direct deposit has been around since the 70's

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

This isn't direct deposit.

And it is cool, unlimitedx. I wish my credit union would wise up and make an iPhone app. I've only been asking for two years. :(

4. Polo5 macrumors regular

I had two bank accounts open, one i used it regularly (bank of america) and the other one I had some savings (chase).... both came out with iphone apps, but chase kicked BoA app's butt big time... i no longer use BoA and I'm about to close it out... to believe that chase won me over just for the awesome app they got :D

5. unlimitedx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling many banks will follow suit soon enough fingers cross for you :)

Previously I didn't think I would install any bank apps, but mobile deposit really did the trick :)

6. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Wow that is awesome! I rarely ever get checks these days, but now I won't groan when someone offers me a check rather than cash. :D

7. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Now that s cool!!! Hopefully my bank starts doing the same soon!!!

8. plusonechoi macrumors member

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm hoping that Chase will raise the $1,000 per day limit (30-day limit is $3,000), because right now it's useless for depositing paychecks.

10. arod757 macrumors newbie

Been using this with USAA for a year now. It really is great, especially for those of us that are self-employed and receive checks for services rendered in the mail. Good to see some other banks taking advantage of this.

11. isaac65 macrumors member

Yeah it's really cool. I tried it with a small $9 check and it works. I figured I had to mail the check in later or take it to the bank later but it says that once it's cleared I should destroy the check.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Chase started supporting this in their last app update. I wrote myself a $1 check and deposited it just to see how it works. I rarely get checks but it will be nice not having to go to the bank when I do. :D

13. buffalo macrumors 65816

Yeah, USAA has had this feature for a while now. Very nice and easier than the depositing at home service via printer scanner.

14. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

Doing the same, I rarely get checks, but it is nice not having to mail them in, they have a $10k limit for scanning checks, unfortunately have only run into that limit once :)

15. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

The USAA app has been awesome for a while now. They really have it dialed in. I don't get checks often but it's nice to deposit them on the fly and get rid of them right away.

16. MorganK macrumors regular

I love the USAA app! Been using it for a while now. It's rare we get checks but it is awesome to have the ability to do from anywhere instead of scanning it in or mailing it in.

17. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

That is a pretty cool feature, but my bank is literally one minute away so it wouldn't effect me too much. All I need is the mint.com app, and Im set.

18. Dokk macrumors regular

This feature is actually making me consider a Chase account for checking purposes. We have a credit union account (which I love for so many reasons and will never get rid of); but we both are horrible about going to the bank to deposit checks. This option (and the fact that there are so many Chases nationwide) is VERY tempting....

19. Mfear macrumors member

i'll be getting Chase specifically for this reason

20. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I wish I had your problem :p. I think I could get at least three weeks of paychecks in one day, maybe 4 depending on the hours I got.

21. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

Bank of America's app is unusable on iOS 4 - so slow :(

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I was a little sad that I thought I had no real use for this cool feature as I don't deposit checks very often.

Then I realized, my roommate just wrote me a check for her portion of the bills! Sweet! Trying it out when I get home. :D

Oh yeah, that would be an issue for paychecks.

Now that I think about it, that will be an issue when my customer pays me...and I thought I'd be able to use it for that. :(

23. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

what do you do with the paper check then? shred or archive?

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

YEs

25. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

hmmmm i hate chase, but this is pretty nasty.