I just walked in and bought one!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mfranks985, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mfranks985 macrumors newbie

Walked into my local best buy and snagged a 16gig white wifi model. :D

I have been reading about how alot of you are still waiting for your orders to come in and I just want you to know I feel for you!

My best buy had about 10-12 sitting on the shelf, so hopefully supply is getting better.

2. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

If I didnt have mine already, I would find out who u are....then find out where u live....still your iPad in the middle of the night....and then burn your house down.

But since I have mine, that thought doesnt even cross my mind.:D

3. hsnifferstein macrumors newbie

Could you let us know where the Best Buy is located?

4. Doebldodl macrumors newbie

I walked into an Apple Store and they had one iPad left. Unfortunately, it was a Verizon model, so I walked out empty-handed.

Two days later, my wife walked into a Target store, and they had two iPads left. Unfortunately, her credit card did not work, so she walked out empty-handed.

We'll try again in a few days; so far, from our perspective, it's easy to almost get an iPad :)

5. TheModerate macrumors newbie

It all depends on how you define "almost" - yep, Verizon models seem to be available here and there, yep, many stores know what you are talking about if you ask for an iPad but so far every store (even the BB that are supposedly having inventory) sent me home empty handed...

6. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

Good for you?

7. Fiction87 macrumors newbie

My sentiments exactly. I'm having a hard time trying to ascertain what kind of response you (OP) are hoping to get from us.

8. LurkingIowan macrumors member

LurkingIowan

Nice!
    I also walked into a Best Buy today and bought a (white 32gb) iPad 2. You never know when you'll find one.

9. James L macrumors 6502a

And yet others have participated in this thread with no difficulty whatsoever.

10. stroked Suspended

stroked

He is rubbing it in. Isn't that half of the fun of owning one? I think it's funny.

11. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

There are some seriously bitter people on the board lately.

OP, good for you! I spent last Saturday hitting the various BB's and two Apple retail stores in San Antonio and came up empty handed. I had to feed my technology craving and bought a WiFi Xoom (Costco - 90 day no questions asked return policy).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Bheleu macrumors 6502

I've paid for 11 so far, if I wanted more I could get them... 7 may go back to the stores soon enough.

13. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

r u one of those people who flip iPads for extra $$$?

14. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

wth? :confused:

15. mfranks985 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was simply trying to let people know that supplies might be getting better. Plus who doesn't like to talk about a new toy!

16. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm not sure what all the hubbub is on here, I just walked into Apple, said I wanted a 64GB White WiFi only, and gave them my card, and 5 mins later walked out with it.

There's way more supply than demand now. Also was in a Walmart the other day and they had dozens in stock on the shelf...

Not sure why people are bitter acting about getting them... clearly multiple stores here in the SF Bay Area have them, so it's no big deal... I kinda don't love it tho, I might swap it for a Motorola Xoom

17. Bheleu macrumors 6502

Yes, but tomorrow or Friday will be the day I will finally be using one. Told the store owner he had my permission to open them up and let his workers check them out if he wanted. My preorder has been on hold since the 2nd of march. When I was told they did not get any in on opening day I went to best buy and got my first (made $250 on that one), when SAMs had them, got 4 wifi's, sold one at $100 profit, and when I picked up 2 64 ATT, went to the back of line and got a 16 ATT to resale for $130 profit, and before the china bubble burst some folks an hour away had me pickup two 32 ATT for them, but they did not get them from me because their buyer canceled on them.

SAMs has a 90 day return policy, apple a 14 day, so yeah I would rather not get stuck with all of them so they going to be returned unopened soon.

I made half the cost of my iPad 2, and sold my iPad 1 for the other half.

Not enough for the DSLR I wanted.

18. jdcell100 macrumors regular

No more shortage

I think shortage of ipad2 is over. Today I walked in target had a bunch of different models, same when I walked in wallyworld today and same at best buy I'm in northeast Pa where stocked!!!!!

19. bella92108 macrumors 68000

It's unfortunate people capitalize on the short supply. It'd be nice if Apple ONLY sold them in stores and required drivers license to enforce the 2 per customer limit. As much as I hate to say it, I wish they'd require activation in store even on WiFi models.

20. dave420 macrumors 65816

I am glad they don't go through all that trouble and simply allow us to walk out with our purchases quickly.

21. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I'm guessing the people waiting in line behind the 20 kids Chinese resellers paid $5 each to stand in line and buy out the inventory to ship to third world countries would disagree. :)

22. Zeos macrumors 6502

Agree. I've walked into three Best Buys on different days in Dallas this week, and all of them had 32 gb AT&Ts and others models as well. I've picked up two just this week with no effort. The 64 GB has been a tougher find, however.

23. Fiction87 macrumors newbie

And what three different Dallas Best Buy's would those be, if you don't mind me asking. I'm in the Dallas area and Walmart's, Best Buy's and Target's that I've been to in store and online are sold out every day when I check.

24. deeddawg macrumors 604

Although stock is improving in Atlanta, it's not quite walk into any Target and Best Buy and walk out ith what ever you please. Wifi and Verizon units are lasting a bit longer othe shelves, but ATT are still evaporating quickly. Saw five ATT 32gb models show up Tuesday morning and sell out in forty minutes. Last week it was five 64gb ATT models, also gone quickly.

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but stock is still pretty tight, especially GSM models. It does seem to be getting better, hopefully component sources are secured so production can continue to increase.

25. Zeos macrumors 6502

The key is not to believe what you hear over the phone and don't believe the inventory tracker. Go straight to the computer dept. and ask.