I Keep Cracking My Jaw And I Can't Stop...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Vkthomas.. macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Dec 24, 2018 ---
    There is always a way..
    Don't treat it as a bad habit..
    Treat it as an addiction..
    Coz there is no tension in your jaw muscles, and never was.. May be a little..
    But its just that feeling of popping sound that makes u feel good..
    And as time goes on.. The popping sound needed to satisfy yourself becomes big.. That you become uncomfortable if you don't hear a big pop..
    So..
    Nothing to worry..
    The solution is.. To stop it..
    Don't stop doing it directly in one go.. But just keep on reducing it..
    Day by day..
    It may make you very uncomfortable but..
    Consider this as the cost..
    And it will surely go.. The same way it came to you..

I have been in that situation too.. So listen to me.. Coz I am sure you would not like to see how worse it can get..

Use can search Internet, and consult a doctor, or use any other method to stay away from it.. But do try to get rid of it.. Coz it's Worth..
    Remember.. The hardest choices require strongest will.. Thanks..
    And remember.. Idle mind is devil's workshop.. So stay. busy.. Stay connected..

2. Geny macrumors newbie

Yes, I was messing around with my jaw once and then later found out how to crack it. I out my finger right under my ear and move and and boom I hear and feel it crack ;0; now I'm constantly doing it. So I can do it.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2019 ---
    Yes, once I was messing around with my jaw and I heard and felt a crack I freaked out and the next day I moved it around and I felt it again. Soon I did it repeatedly and enjoy it. I put my finger right under ear and move my jaw and boom it cracks. I do it all the time now.

3. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Wow, I can't believe this thread keeps getting revived.

I have since stopped this. Just took some will power. Rarely am I tempted to do it. I do have a weird click in my jaw that has developed since then, but I'm not sure where it came from. Not sure if it's from cracking but it's doesn't cause any problems.

5. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

You may have stop the clicking/cracking on your own, but you jaw could still feel out of alignment as if you had to click but like its there for you to do but you just don't do it.

6. Jojo1990 macrumors newbie

Hi how is it going..
    I've been ckracking/popping my jaw since i was around 13 years of age and am about to be 29 ... The day i started popping was when i woke up and popped my jaw by axcident and felt kinda good, so i found a way to keep doing so. And now i am still doing so, i want to find a way to stop. Everytime i try to stop i just say ... just this once i want to pop it again just 1 more time and thats it !! But nope... i still do so... i heard that its bad for your tendelions or whatever you have up in between the jaw muscle. I dont think its like medical but its just a VERY BAD HABBIT. That i hope i can stop !

7. Mylovvv macrumors newbie

I have been doing it for like a year now. I push my right hand against my right ear and move my jaw to the left and I hear this loud crack that no one else can hear. Then I do the same to the left side. I used to only do it once a day on each side but now I do it like 5 times on each side cause it is so satisfying. I can’t be stopped. I must be stopped. Help me.