I know NOTHING about hacking, coding, etc...so how am I supposed to unlock my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikelong622, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Please...someone advise. I have a 1.1.3 iPhone sitting in front of me and I am trying to figure out how to unlock it and use it on TMobile. I know nothing about coding or hacking. Can anyone offer good step by step instructions, or a site that has them?

2. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Don't unless you want to end up with a $399 paper weight....:eek:

3. jeffmc macrumors 6502

if you the back button on your browser there's like 30 right in front of you

if it's a new 1.1.3 phone then it can't be unlocked at this time

thanks for playing

4. munroe macrumors regular

You could try downgrading the bootloader and then the baseband, but to downgrade the booloader you have to disassemble the phone. Then you'd be able to use AnySIM - a software unlock. The whole process looks fairly risky to me, and I've not heard of anyone doing it with a OOTB 1.1.3.

http://iphone.unlock.no/bootloader_downgrade.htm

Also there's talk of a XSIM v6.0 or v7.0 that you can buy and sandwich together with your T-Mobile SIM to make it work. Try googling that.

5. dsgalit macrumors member

If you bought the phone with 1.1.3 OOTB then you will not be able to unlock it as of now, sorry :(

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What version did you have when it came out of the box?

7. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

If you really don't know what you're doing then I would highly recommend not messing with your iPhone. You'll just be back here in a few days begging for someone to help you fix it.

9. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Don't even think about it. It has become increasing complex and unsatisfying, even for the dedicated hacker. Just read all the problems even the hackers are having all over this sight.

10. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I am contemplating giving up. Anyone know when TURBOSim or something similar will be up for 1.1.3 OTB? Is there anything out there.

I suppose I shouldn't say that I know NOTHING about hacking and coding. I am a pretty fast learner...I'm just not sure where to start looking.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Since you have an OTB 1.1.3, then the advice for you is leave it alone. xSIMs don't work on 1.1.3. Plus, trying to have 1.1.3 jailbroken is not worth the hassle. Read all over this place, people everywhere and even the hackers are having problems.

Just leave it as it is and enjoy.