I liked the locator database

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aicul, May 2, 2011.

1. aicul macrumors 6502a

Hi All,

This may upset some people but, frankly, I found the locator database of the iPhone quite amusing and useful.

I truly think that all the wopla, including a class action in USA, for this locator database is just overkill.

After all the database is on my iPhone and my iMac, both protected under my responsibility.

So I really liked the idea of having the possibility of looking back on my travels etc.

Now Apple will remove al of this.

My question now is, Is there an APP that does the same thing ?

As I said, this may upset some people.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I agree with you. I liked how I could look back and see where i've been. I think like antennagate, the issue was overblown.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I liked it. I think people got a little too carried away with this being "an issue". The most important information I found out is how big a loser I am since all of my dots were concentrated within a 50 mile radius. This got me thinking I need to take a vacation soon and add some more dots elsewhere in this world :D

5. trlightning macrumors newbie

trlightning

Has anyone else noticed a dot off the southeast coast of Africa from back in February, while not actually being there? (Somalian pirates need not respond).

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I've been at school since I got my iPhone. My dots were concentrated in a 5 mile radius lol.

7. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

I'm with you, OP. I'd LOVE to have access to data showing everywhere I've been over the years. It's a service I'd actually be willing to pay AT&T for.