Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Sorry, totally random. But after getting back to Mac after using Windoze for the last year, I just find myself constantly saying "wow that's so much simpler". For instance, downloading a movie that is avi. Opening it in Quicktime, and exporting it as ipod format. All with 3 clicks. The interface is so clean.

It's almost a feeling of euphoria. It's either the macs or the total lack of sleep as it is 4am, but i'm going with the macs.

Feel free to share any "wow that's so much easier" experiences after using a Mac, coming from Windoze.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Finder and spotlight make everything easier. Organizing music and videos and eyetv makes recording shows and playing them on my ipod a snap.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Printing.

You plug in any printer (virtually), and hit print. Boom, no configuration or anything. And it remembers all the printers you use.

Also, it prints your papers last page first, so when it is done printing you don't have to flip all the pages back into order.

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
When I first got my Mac, I was looking to "uninstall a program" and asked my brother to help me. He said "Oh, just drag it to the trash can."
(I was such a Mac newbie then. :p )

So simple!

chasingapple

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2004
kntgsp said:
Sorry, totally random. But after getting back to Mac after using Windoze for the last year, I just find myself constantly saying "wow that's so much simpler". For instance, downloading a movie that is avi. Opening it in Quicktime, and exporting it as ipod format. All with 3 clicks. The interface is so clean.

It's almost a feeling of euphoria. It's either the macs or the total lack of sleep as it is 4am, but i'm going with the macs.

Feel free to share any "wow that's so much easier" experiences after using a Mac, coming from Windoze.

I felt the same a few years ago when I got back into Apple computers, with my iMac. Everything I was trying to do at first I was trying to do the windows way, then come to find out I was trying to hard! Everything is simple in OS X, I love it.

Now I have 3 Macs in the house and I am going to add a few more :D

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I personally don't own a Mac but am saving for a MacBook Pro. I use the Macs at school and "Wow, it's so simple." I love how you can just click Macintosh HD and boom everything is listed as applications and stuff like that. How Simple!!

PharmD

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2005
Oregon Coast
I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hours trying to set up my wireless network with between a desktop and notebook pc. After I switched, I had the same wireless and wasn't looking forward to configuring it all again. I called my cousin who had a powerbook to ask him how to set it up. His reply? "Click on the Airport icon." I looked and saw that I was already connected. It was then that I knew I made the right choice in a computer.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
As the thread title is I love apple, then i'd just like to say me too.

Let me tell you a little story, armed with a print out from pcworlds website, me and my friend went to try and purchase the .97pence copy of iWork 05, unfortunately they didnt have any, but they did have the new intel iMacs.

They had a 20" one right next to a 20" G5 one. And omg, I got my friend to open the same apps as me. The intel one seemed to be way quicker, but seeing as they are on display, you never know what the general public has done to them.

There was three things though that I LOVED about both of them. The inbuilt iSight, Photobooth, and 20" screens. My iMac is only 17" and without iSight.

So huge, soooo huge. I loved them. And the good thing is, my friend is going to buy the 20" intel iMac now ( Im so jealous).

We had a play with photobooth, find a photo below, and a little play with the screen saver, and desktop image. I changed the folders to show all the photos taken by photobooth. :D There was so many funny photos in there of strangers and staff. I was crying with laughter.

just thought i'd share that with you all.

Lee

Attachments

• Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 86

conditionals

macrumors regular
May 5, 2005
Australia
thegreatluke said:
When I first got my Mac, I was looking to "uninstall a program" and asked my brother to help me. He said "Oh, just drag it to the trash can."
(I was such a Mac newbie then. :p )

So simple!

Actually that's a bad thing. It doesn't remove all the files, thus leaving junk on your computer. The ability to uninstall is one thing I miss the most. Also a working 'home' function on the keyboard.

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
I really like Spotlight, I mean, I was using my mac and trying to find the terminal, then I thought about Spotlight, 2 seconds later, terminal was open. Computer Bliss. I can't wait until I pick up a new intel iBook, it'll be my first new mac :D

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
conditionals said:
Actually that's a bad thing. It doesn't remove all the files, thus leaving junk on your computer. The ability to uninstall is one thing I miss the most. Also a working 'home' function on the keyboard.

lol, and you think Windows clears out EVERYTHING when it does an uninstall...I think not. There's been so many times I've done a registry cleaner on the piece of crap and there's all these left over files for programs that were supposed to be completely uninstalled.:rolleyes:

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
Spotlight IS a wonderful thing...and another good reason to go Tiger.

When I made the switch I was, as many users, quite capable of making all the tweaks to windows via the multiple (and sometimes not so intuitive) dialog boxes. When I got to OS 9...I loved the fact that tweaking wasn't necessary, the tweaking I wanted to do was more intuitive. Now in OS X I'm spending more time learning how to tweak at the command-prompt level, only I get to use Unix commands...

As a person who works on Wintel servers and workstations all day, as well as supporting the all-too-easily confused XP users with a variety of non-OS related software issues...it's a pleasure to come home to my Mac' household.:D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
conditionals said:

"Home" works on mine. It takes you to the beginning of the page - perfect. "End" takes you to the end of the page.

What do you mean "home" doesn't work??

asencif

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
Definitely

cyberddot said:
Spotlight IS a wonderful thing...and another good reason to go Tiger.

When I made the switch I was, as many users, quite capable of making all the tweaks to windows via the multiple (and sometimes not so intuitive) dialog boxes. When I got to OS 9...I loved the fact that tweaking wasn't necessary, the tweaking I wanted to do was more intuitive. Now in OS X I'm spending more time learning how to tweak at the command-prompt level, only I get to use Unix commands...

As a person who works on Wintel servers and workstations all day, as well as supporting the all-too-easily confused XP users with a variety of non-OS related software issues...it's a pleasure to come home to my Mac' household.:D

When I first started my tech support career It was mostly only supporting Windows environments and I would love going home to just be on my PMG4 1GHZ which I still have. Now I end up using more an iBook G4 1.33 and comtemplating on getting one of the last PMG5's. There is a lot of studying I'm looking to do with all the Pro Apps and also use Handbrake and EyeTV as hobbies.

Fortunately, I started also supporting Macs and build my career further with that. Now there are happy times at work well 50% of the time, since Windows will always generate more problems, and at home all Mac where I recently want to get back into learning more and more of all OS X and Pro Apps. By the way, what got my eyes totaly on the Mac was when I bought a Ruby iMac G3 and installed OS X from there my Windows PC's slowly started being shutdown in my home. Looking to add more Macs. All Mac network with OS X Server.

rusty018

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2006
I Love Apple

It is so easy to connect to a server on a mac. Type in the address and it pops up on your desktop. You have to use a stupid wizard to do it in Windows and its still a headache. Also, iLife makes everything easy. Anyone can edit videos in iMovie. And Automator makes easy tasks even easier. Like converting a music file to .mp3! The list could go on forever...

symlink

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2005
conditionals said:
That's assuming the 'Uninstal' program actually works properly. 8 out of 10 times it does not.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Chundles said:
"Home" works on mine. It takes you to the beginning of the page - perfect. "End" takes you to the end of the page.

What do you mean "home" doesn't work??

I'm probably like this guy - I hate the home key in Macs because I'm used to their function in Windows.

In Macs, Home key goes to the top of the page/End to the bottom of the page

In Windows, Home goes to the beginning of a line (which I used a lot...) :(

But, in MS Word, Home/End work fine...so all is well! :)

I LOVE APPLE 2! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.