I love Google!!

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
I just felt like saying that I love Google :). All of their software just continues to amaze me. The personalized homepage is just like a desktop app--you can even drag around columns to reorganize things! The gmail interface so clean, simple, and intuitive and 2 gigs of space is unbelievable. My latest google discovery is google groups. The design, the coverage, the people...it's all great! Google maps, news, froogle, there's just so much great stuff all in one place. Everything just works exactly like you want it to! I can't wait to see what they come up with next...

Does anyone else feel this way?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jamdr said:
I just felt like saying that I love Google :). All of their software just continues to amaze me. The personalized homepage is just like a desktop app--you can even drag around columns to reorganize things! The gmail interface so clean, simple, and intuitive and 2 gigs of space is unbelievable. My latest google discovery is google groups. The design, the coverage, the people...it's all great! Google maps, news, froogle, there's just so much great stuff all in one place. Everything just works exactly like you want it to! I can't wait to see what they come up with next...

Does anyone feel this way?
I like playing around with their satellite maps. Finding Area 51 for the first time was pretty fun, as my old manager did some work there once... :cool:

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
Another vote for Google. As ~Shard~ has just mentioned Google Earth is one of the best.

The only thing Google has failed to do is to fail.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
fayans said:
Another vote for Google. As ~Shard~ has just mentioned Google Earth is one of the best.

The only thing Google has failed to do is to fail.
For the record, Google Earth is not made for Mac, here's what google said...
"Apple Macintosh computers are not supported at this time (but we are working on it)."
But the satellite maps are cool.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
For the record, Google Earth is not made for Mac, here's what google said...
"Apple Macintosh computers are not supported at this time (but we are working on it)."
But the satellite maps are cool.
Absolutely! More fun than they probably should be, in theory, yet fun nonetheless! ;)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
~Shard~ said:
Absolutely! More fun than they probably should be, in theory, yet fun nonetheless! ;)
I just can't wait until Google Earth comes out for Mac, I've played with it on my friends PC and it is much better than the maps, and you can zoom in even more!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
I just can't wait until Google Earth comes out for Mac, I've played with it on my friends PC and it is much better than the maps, and you can zoom in even more!
Yeah, I like playing around with it on my PC as well - having it on my Mac would be nice, but is not a necessity...

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Considering how comprehensive the general search engine is, it remains remarkably responsive. It is rare for more than a few seconds to elapse before a lengthy list of relevant items is returned.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
Nice save ;)
No save, really, it's the truth. ;) At the start, I used my Mac and PC almost equally, but then as I found more and more apps on my Mac which I could use instead of my Windows apps, and once I purchased Office for Mac, I started having less and less reason to use my PC. And I don't really miss it much either... ;)

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Dear Google,

Are you CHEATING ON ME?
I've caught wind of someone named jamdr loving you, too!
GOOGLE, YOU'RE SUCH A HUSSY!

Get your stuff out of my apartment! I'll drop it off later!

-KT

---------------
Yeah, I love google, too! It's made such a HUGE impact in the short time it's been around!
Mmmm... $200something a share...
I knew I should have bought some when it came out but NOOO!
my parents wouldn't let me.
"they're just a search engine! they won't make money!"
:mad:

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
katie ta achoo said:
Dear Google,

Are you CHEATING ON ME?
I've caught wind of someone named jamdr loving you, too!
GOOGLE, YOU'RE SUCH A HUSSY!

Get your stuff out of my apartment! I'll drop it off later!

-KT

---------------
Yeah, I love google, too! It's made such a HUGE impact in the short time it's been around!
Mmmm... $200something a share...
I knew I should have bought some when it came out but NOOO!
my parents wouldn't let me.
"they're just a search engine! they won't make money!"
:mad:
$200? :confused:

Attachments

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
katie ta achoo said:
WA!
:eek:
WHY DIDN'T THEY LET ME BUY THAT STOCK?!?!?!

/builds a time machine
//to buy 3 shares
///I'd make a profit on 3 shares, no need for 1000s

:( Me too! My dad said that we shouldn't buy it cause "How the hell is Google gonna make money?", I told him that we should buy Apple too, and he said its just been going up awhile, after that its going down. Past 3 months it went up $20/ share, gee.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
w_parietti22 said:
:( Me too! My dad said that we shouldn't buy it cause "How the hell is Google gonna make money?", I told him that we should buy Apple too, and he said its just been going up awhile, after that its going down. Past 3 months it went up $20/ share, gee.
I was contemplating shorting it @ ~$250. Glad I didn't. ;) :cool:

jeffzoom

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2004
jamdr said:

Does anyone else feel this way?
yeah, i love google too *attempts to hug the pooter, gets shocked, and does it agian*