I love my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I upgraded from a 6 Plus. This phone feels like a big upgrade to me. The new color is awesome. It feels like a new design with the Jet Black. The new speakers are so much louder. The fingerprint sensor is so much faster. 3D touch is really cool. The dual camera system is great. The new zoom is great. Overall the phone feels lightning fast. My old phone had 1gb of ram so the 3gb on this new phone is very welcome. iOS 10 is great too. Night shift is one of my favorite new software features. I also love the new messaging features.

All in all, I love this phone. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Pictures for your viewing pleasure:

iPhone 7 Plus 128gb ATT Jet Black
    [​IMG]

1x zoom
    [​IMG]

2x zoom
    [​IMG]

10x zoom
    [​IMG]

2. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

3. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

:05 through the apple store app. That was about 30 seconds after it went live.

4. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Glad you love it! Mine will hopefully be here Friday. :)

5. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Good to hear. Coming from this 6+, this would definitely be a nice upgrade.

6. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Congratulations. :) Threads like yours are what keeps me pining for a JB, even if it doesn't get to me before November. I am so tempted to jump ship to MB but then I see how beautiful phones like yours and I hang on a little longer.

7. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

I have the space gray iPhone 6 which feels just like the new matte colors, and let me tell you the Jet Black looks and feels so much better. Hold out it's worth it.

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

You must be a man that did not hesitate. When the jet black wasn't available for launch day I froze. Ended up ordering a matte black half hour later that just got here today. If I didn't freeze I would've gotten the jet black today. Oh well I put clear case on it anyway.

9. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Nope. I didn't hesitate at all. In fact, the day before I had gone on the app and favorited my iPhone 7 custom order so all I had to do was check out when the store went live. I didn't even pause enough on each screen to read meaning that I didn't know I wasn't getting launch day until after I placed my order. When everyone else is trying to do the same thing, there is no time to waste. Matte Black is another great option and you can't really go wrong.

10. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I froze too but then now I think to myself...it's beautiful but too much babying is required. Maybe I'll get it next year if Apple offers the color and figures out how to make it more durable. Beautiful phone, tho. The Jet Black plus looks way better than the regular 7 JB.

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Well, next year looks to be glass, so should improve durability minus glass breaking.

12. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

13. yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

Thanks for the little photos, always welcomed. Good looking and glad to hear someone's loving their phone. All you read of here is people complaining.

14. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I'll take the glass, maybe they'll make the glass stronger...at least. With an oleophobic coating. That would be way better than this.

15. Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

I love my 256mb JB 7+. Its been a huge upgrade over my 6+ No regrets about getting the Jet Black. Had it three days so far and not one scratch.

16. aohus macrumors 68000

The display itself is a wonder to behold. People bitching about it not being a higher resolution. I'd rather have good performance on a 1080p display then go up to 1440p and getting stuttering performance + worst battery life.

The wider color gamut + brighter display makes a HUGE difference imo.

17. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

OP - Are you going to put your phone in a case?

18. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

It's already in the apple black silicon case

19. martin2345uk macrumors regular

martin2345uk

Does that not hide the jet blackness of the back of the phone?

20. aohus macrumors 68000

take some more pics man. like macro shots. take pics of scratches if you have any yet as well.

21. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

My kids would find a way to get that first scratch - and then some - on my jet black if I had one. Even if I didn't give it to them. It's really nice tho. Just wish it was more durable.

22. MultiMediaWill, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm keeping mine in a case but plan to take it out from time to time at home to admire the Jet Black.

Two more pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

24. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Love it man, loving mine as well!! Really makes it feel like a new design.

25. Decept1k0n macrumors newbie

I totally have to agree with you! When my JB iPhone arrived & I un-boxed it, I was enameled with the beautiful look and finished of the polished metal frame.

The JB finish makes the phone feel like it's even more premium than it already is. The other thing I like is that, it looks ike one solid piece with no noticeable antenna lines or screen edges visible too. I'm definitely pleased with my choice, but if I hadn't gone with this color I could see myself going with matte black and being equally satisfied.