I LOVE my iPhone, but I wish it had....

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
>built-in stability in Safari. It crashes about once a day for me, often times even when I'm not playing music.
>the ability to display my SMS logs faster
>a louder Mail sound --- the one they pulled from the desktop Mail is way too faint.
>Pending Alerts - something I miss from my old Sidekick.
>showed Groups instead of All Contacts when selecting Contacts from the Phone app.
>the ability to show multiple Mail accounts in the same inbox--- it's tedious to switch back and forth.
>showed photo titles in the Photos app.
>ToDos---- my actions are task oriented, not event oriented. Note Pad isn't fun to put ToDos into.

That's about all I can think of. Other than those, I'm more than ecstatic with my iPhone. It is by far the best phone I've owned.

What's your list?

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I have my list but before I post it I just wanted to let you know that I'm borrowing one of yours from your list. I hadn't really realized the tedious task I had been performing for 9 Mail accounts until you brought it up!

I too wish all my emails showed up in one list, vs having tap all the way back and then all the way in to each mail account for new emails.

Comment

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I wish it had the following items:

ToDo - I need to keep track of the things I have to do.
eReader - I love to read books on my Palm T|5 and would love to do so on the iPhone's wonderful screen.
MyBible - I would like to keep the NIV version with me.
Games - Anything from Astraware. They have great games!

Comment

ljones

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA
A delete all button for deleted items in Mail.

Yea, Stocks is a waste of screen space.

Ringtones freeness is a given.

SPAM FILTERS for Mail.

Text msg counter. All cell phones allow for personal tracking of minutes and texts without logging into ATT. I'm over by 100!

Ability to limit the amount of data pulled down from a email. just enough for a preview, give me the option to pull down more if I have the feature enabled.

Ability to have checks on mail be automatic during certain hours. like WORK hours since I won't be looking at my phone while I'm sleep. just a waste of battery life. Thats why i have it set to manual now. oh, and the spam filters would cut down on the BS alerts from mail if those were included.

Comment

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Parallels VM feature to run Palm, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile on it. Then perhaps have Amiga OS, Apple IIe, Commodore 64, and maybe some of the old consoles like Sega, Intellivision, Atari.

Comment

ljones

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Shouldn't your email server take care of that and not the device you're checking it from???
It grabs most, and it marks some that it is not sure about with a tag in the subject that i can filter and move to another folder for review when i fill the need to cleanup the folder.

Comment

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
As far as mail and alert sounds go, I think Apple will eventually give a software update allowing us to change the alerts, similar to how they did with text message alerts.

The phone does show groups of contacts in the Phone app.

I think throwing all emails into one inbox would be a huge mess. I have 3 different accounts that I use for 3 different things(school, personal, work) and I know a lot of other people are the same way. If I got everything in one inbox it would be confusing.

With Safari some crashing should be expected. People see how advanced the iPhone is and because of that seem to forget that it is a phone. This is not a notebook computer, though it is similar, the iPhone does not have anywhere near the power or stability and this is why Safari tends to crash from time to time.

I would like MMS, widescreen keyboard in mail, SMS, and Notes, and a copy/paste option.

Comment

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
the ability to use a bluetooth keyboard
syncing of notes (with ability to edit them on the computer)
to do list (although vitalist.com iphone web app works very well, and can publish to iCal too)
lots of 3rd party apps... but I'm not hacking mine, I'll wait for the Apple SDK

Comment

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
As far as mail and alert sounds go, I think Apple will eventually give a software update allowing us to change the alerts, similar to how they did with text message alerts.
I would think they would've done alongside the advent of text ring selection, but I still have hope.

The phone does show groups of contacts in the Phone app.
As many of you have pointed out, YES, I know that the Phone app displays groups, but when you first select Contacts, it shows ALL your contacts, not (for example) the last group or contact you opened. I don't want to see and sort through Aunt Sally and every other of my cousins everytime I call my friend.

I think throwing all emails into one inbox would be a huge mess. I have 3 different accounts that I use for 3 different things(school, personal, work) and I know a lot of other people are the same way. If I got everything in one inbox it would be confusing.
What I'm saying is that Apple should give us a choice. People like you use all your accounts for different purposes, but I'm in the process of transitioning over from my legacy addy (that I've had since 2004) to a new one, so I never know who sent me what and to where.

With Safari some crashing should be expected. People see how advanced the iPhone is and because of that seem to forget that it is a phone. This is not a notebook computer, though it is similar, the iPhone does not have anywhere near the power or stability and this is why Safari tends to crash from time to time.
Sure, I understand that. Safari is by far the best mobile web browser I've used in all my PDAs and mobiles in the last eight years. I can understand the iPod cutting out while loading a page, but even when it's not? That needs some work.

I would like MMS, widescreen keyboard in mail, SMS, and Notes, and a copy/paste option.
I forgot about that, too. I wish the widescreen keyboard was in more than just Safari, but I guess that the insertion line and the title bar would make texting in widescreen nearly useless.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.