I love my new Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jon4lakers, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jon4lakers macrumors regular

I picked up the 2.4 version yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The build quality is as superb as advertised and I quickly adjusted to the new trackpad without any difficulties (even using 4 finger swiping!). The screen is gorgeous and really pops. With the brightness all the way up, and wireless and BT on (while writing a paper) I got close to 5.5 hours of battery life which is absolutely incredible.

I installed Vista (via bootcamp) and it seems to run like a champ on the MB with a score 0f 5.2 (Video)

Overall I'm thrilled with my purchase. If you are in the market for a new laptop, I definitely recommend it.

In case anyone is interested, here's an unboxing of it I did.

2. Anderson3133 macrumors regular

Good to hear. I will be getting mine soon enough as well. Also, I wanted to say you made a great unboxing video. Keep up the good work!

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Wonder how long the battery lasts with brightness at the lowest setting. I do that to conserve power.

4. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

Congratulations on your purchase and good to see you're happy with it.

I really like the look of the new MacBooks, but I just can't justify replacing my current one, it's only five months old after all.

5. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

6. James17 macrumors 6502

That's excellent. I'm waiting on the new MBP to arrive here in the UK. Btw, I watched your unboxing and first boot up video on YouTube, they are excellent and very informative. :)

7. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I am playing on my new MacBook too. It is SO amazing....without a doubt, the best computer I have ever owned (including desktops).

8. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. Enjoy your MBP, I'm sure you will love it!

9. Zadiek macrumors member

I just got mine, and I agree that the build quality is fantastic! Jon4Lakers, I just recognized your name. I really enjoy your videos on youtube.

10. dirkmeister macrumors newbie

nice vid on youtube, I want to buy a macbook too, but i'm not still quite sure if i'll buy the 2.0 or the 2.4. What do you think about the backlit keyboard?

11. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

The backlit keyboard was a big selling point for me. It works great, just as advertised.

12. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

link?

13. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

14. marvel2 macrumors 6502

That is great that the battery lasts that long. This new Macbooks use a 45 watt-hour battery compared to 55 on the previous gen.

15. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

love mine

i got one too its nice its going to take some time to get used to the screen size down from a 15.4

16. ColonelSmith macrumors member

I saw on your channel that you used to have a MacBook Pro. I have one at the moment and I'm debating between the new 2.4GHz MacBook or the new MacBook Pro. I'm willing to save some cash with going with the less graphics friendly MacBook if the sound quality is as good as the MacBook Pro's. How does your new MacBook sound compared to your old MacBook Pro? And what would you recommend for me (guessing that you played with both at the Apple Store... wait just realized you said you didn't)?

17. MacDaddy24 macrumors newbie

awsome!

congrats on the macbook! im waiting for mine to ship anytime from now till the 23rd! thanks for the unboxing video and GO LAKERS!

18. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

hey john!!!!!:)

I have seen all of your videos cause i trust you and they are made in a complet way

had a Penryn macbook pro too now opted for the Alu 2.0:cool:

can you please tell me if you have any temperature data about it or any issue?

the fan dows it make much noise?

thanks a lot keep up informing us !!!!:D

bye from Corfu!-Greece:cool:

19. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

The sound is actually surprisingly good. The build in speakers sound much better than I expected. When connected to external speakers, both the MB & MBP sound the same.

As far as comparing the 2's built in speakers, while the MB's are good, the MBP's are still better.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't ever heard the fans yet. Very quiet, and the machine does not get very hot.

20. Your5335 macrumors member

I feel you!

I just got my new Macbook and I'm so far happy with it. I'm in the process of installing Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit via VMWare Fusion.

21. delude macrumors 6502

Class, thanks Jon :D I'm getting more and more excited about purchasing my own soon.
    May I ask if you installed Vista from a fresh pack, or was it an OEM copy or something? I will need to buy a copy and am trying to find the best way and price.

Thanks!

(Also, would it be possible for you to mention the video camera you used when you recorded the first boot?)

22. Nania macrumors newbie

Really nice video there!
    I hope you do some footage or video of the backlit keyboard - I can't really figure out if I find it a nice addition or just plain breaking the design...
    However - I am considering getting my first macbook :cool:
    The transition to the iPhone went well, so why not go the full length? :D

23. jon4lakers thread starter macrumors regular

I actually installed XP first, then used an upgrade verion of Vista I bought.

As for the camera, it was a flip video mino.