I love my Unibody MB!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahjjones, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ahjjones Guest

Hey everyone!
    In 06' I was going to buy a Mac but nothing really came of it. Well, 3 years later I finally brought one and let me tell you, I don't have any regrets. The computer looks amazing and is fairly quick. I didn't opt for the higher model because I didn't find the backlight keyboard and the extra processor upgrade to be of a significant enough thing to warrant the price.

With that being said, expect me to be posting a lot. I'm addicted at this point to anything Apple. I'm actually getting ready to buy my father a Refurb MacBook Air. Well, I'm off. Thanks for check this out. I'm going to search around here a bit.
    See ya,
    :apple:

2. ahjjones thread starter Guest

64 views and no replies? Can't I get a little love? :apple:

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

What do you want someone to say? You bought a computer: big deal for you maybe, but not for the rest of the world...

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Nice

Congrats on the new purchase and your father is a lucky person. He to will be happy.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

we get the "just bought a macbook/imac/pro/ipod" all the time. take no offense.

congrats on your purchase. you and your father will never look back

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

About a year ago I also was thinking of getting my first MacBook, I then just recently got this aluminum body mac and love it.

7. ahjjones thread starter Guest

No need to be a jerk about it. If you don't have anything constructive to say you shouldn't have respond at all. I was just trying to post a simple introduction thread. Sorry for the bother :rolleyes:

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Congrats on the purchase. I got a unibody MBP the other day and can't stop using it, I love everything about it. I have a few friends that have the unibody MacBook and they're such great machines.

Enjoy, my friend :)

9. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Congrats - the UB is their best yet, IMO. I've had my 17" for about 6 weeks.

I'm loving the glass trackpad and how solid it feels.

10. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Since it seems like everyone else here spends their life savings on one goddam computer, I'm going to be the one to say I too just bought the base model Macbook and I love it as well. Congrats Dude!

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

12. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Congrats on your new macbook, it is a beautiful machine and works like a charm.

13. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

For the exact price you paid, you could have bought a refurbished higher end model. You should change it out within the 14 day period.

14. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Hey congrats, can i ask what kind of pc were you using before? How come you didnt make the switch in 06? How are you finding leopard?

15. ahjjones thread starter Guest

I looked into that but I prefer buy new products for myself. I also don't need the higher end model. I wouldn't want the backlit keyboard for starters. :eek:

16. ahjjones thread starter Guest

Of course, I was using a Dell XPS 16. :) I didn't make the switch partially because I just didn't like the look of the MacBook. Along with that I always heard about them cracking. Once I saw these Unibodys I knew I had to have one. I love Leopard. The learning curve was nonexistent. Go apple lol
    :apple:
    PS: Why isn't there an introduction part of the forums? I think it would be really helpful. Just a thought.

17. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

nice to see another on the apple train, grats and welcome.

18. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

welcome to the iWorld :p, i have bought my unibody MBP 2 months ago and I'm also addicted to it. :D

19. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

So many switchers since the Intel revolution 3 years ago!

20. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

CONGRATS!! I hope the Mac Air works out also for your dad.

21. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

There is an introduction part. Its a thread in the Community Discussion section.
    If you searched, you would've found it :rolleyes:

Congrats on your Macbook and your dad's MBA

22. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Congrats! My UMB is my 2nd mac and I love it completely.

23. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

me too! =D

24. drill423 macrumors member

Hey all, newbie myself. Just made the switch after years of thinking about it. Don't know why I took so long. This is the best computer I've ever had. :D

25. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Ah nice. I haven't used a Dell myself but of course heard many things about them :p Yes Leopard is very easy to pick up and learn and i found that after a few days i was just as comfortable in os x as i was in xp or vista. And then of course i realised a lot of things were better laid out and more thought was put into making it as simple and common sense to use as possible :)