I love the iPhone 5S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSE, Dec 15, 2015.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Anyone else holding on to their trusty iPhone 5S?!

I was having battery difficulties with mine, went to the Apple Store, they discovered the battery was bulging and they offered to sell me an identical brand new iPhone 5S for $80! I took it! Couldn't be happier!

Best size on any phone out there, looks sexy, and is compact and feels great. Plan on using the 5S for at least two more years! Space Grey all the way!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yeah I've still got my 5S, I really do love it. Still a capable phone and I'm not obsessed with the latest and greatest. I'd still be using my iPhone 4 if iOS 7 hadn't crippled it. :(

There seem to be quite a few battery bulging issues in the 5S recently, wouldn't be surprised if Apple start a repair program for them like they did with the 5.

3. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I returned my 6s plus and got the 5S strictly because of its size and styling. A Keeper

4. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Yep, I'm keeping mine. I would have taken that $80 new replacement in a heartbeat!

5. firedept, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Both my sons sport the 5s and love it. I think it is a pretty awesome phone. Great size for small handed people. Still a very capable phone.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm glad you are liking it @TSE but I could never go back to that small screen.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I would prefer the block feel of the phone, but I agree about the size. I immediately squint now when I borrow my wife's 4s or mom's 5s.

8. Laurie65 macrumors member

I love my 5s too. I don't see myself upgrading to a 6. If/when I upgrade it will be another 5s until Apple decides to pull the plug on them.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I have the 5. Black/Slate instead of Space Gray.

I use it as a media device/iPod Touch. My normal phone is a 6s+.

The 5 was my first iPhone purchase (other than being a gift). I've always loved the 2001 monolith look it gives off. I wish Apple had decided to just fix their anodization process instead of going to Space Gray with the 5s. I probably would have bought one.

In any case, enjoy your 5s.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Same here.

Amen.

11. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I wish the battery replacement was cheaper then $80. Im not paying $80 to fix a problem that shouldnt exist in the first place on a two year old phone.

12. Jsameds macrumors 68030

My ideal is a 4.7" screen in as close to 5S form factor as possible.

13. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I still use my 5S sometimes even though I have a 6+ and a 6S+. I do hate on the 5S sometimes when trying to look at a picture on Facebook. Many times it's to hard to see what's going on in the picture because it's too small on that screen. I never have that problem on the bigger screens.

14. FeliApple macrumors 6502

Yeah I bought the 5s instead of the 6 and I think I am not missing out on anything. I like the size and the comfortable experience of use.
    There are no Apple Stores in my country so I couldn't try the 6 first, I had to take the risk without trying the phones first. With hindsight, I think I made the right decision, albeit a hard decision to make considering that this is my first iPhone and had no chance of reverting it.

15. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

A non-tech individual the 5S is perfect for. The size, the apps, the ease of use. I bought my Mom one recently and she loves it, I also let her try the 6 and 6 plus beforehand.

16. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I use my 5S as my iPod at home. It is a great device. I really do think highly of it.

It's a fast phone too. Since the 6 didn't increase RAM, it's not too far behind that model in performance.

However, I don't use it as my phone anymore. I'm sorry to hear about the battery issues as I hoped to keep using mine a long time. Plus, I'd hate to ever lose my original model by having to do the battery exchange.

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm a much bigger fan of the 5 due to the the overall black profile. I actually finally found one new on Amazon which should be arriving in the next couple of days. If the phone is indeed new and still sealed in box I will be getting it with its native iOS, iOS 6. It only took me about a year to find one...

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Wow. Now that's "stick-to-it-tive-ness!"

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

It's a gift.

Most of the searching I've done has been local repair shops, Craigslist and eBay. Not sure why I never thought to check Amazon but I was doing all of my xmas shopping and thought I'd treat myself.

20. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Good for you. I can't stand anything smaller than 5" screen after I got used to 6S+.

5S looks nice thought.

21. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

I absolutely adore the 5S. It's the perfect size and shape. Get me one in gold, and im set for life :cool:

22. nordique macrumors 6502a

What a great phone. It's a fantastic phone. It's powerful and because the 6 wasn't a big spec jump over it, it still managed to feel fresh last year during the 6's flagship cycle and ran fantastic on iOS 8 as well.

It would be nice if it had a bigger battery though!

23. coney718 macrumors regular

Wow. I understand keeping the 5s if you already had one but returning a 6s+ to buy a 5s? That's a serious downgrade.

24. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I love my 6S plus! Using my parents 5s hurts my eyes.

25. knownikko macrumors 6502

5S was a good phone, but looks and feels like a toy once you've used a bigger one for 2 minutes.