Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
OK, well maybe it's a case of Stockholm Syndrome but after the thread about giving thanks to the mods and admins, I'd like to just say a few words of thanks to this community as a whole.

I've been stuck indoors for the past few days, recovering from surgery, and really the only thing that's kept me entertained has been MacRumors: Forums.

This site and all who post here continue to make this one of the most interesting, entertaining, frustrating, hilarious and passionate forum experiences I've ever been involved in. Time and time again, I'm drawn into its embrace, often annoyed at myself for not being able to let go.

The quality, wit, intelligence, creativity and compassion of many of the contributions never pales and the sheer variety and breadth of discussion almost always ensures that there is something fascinating to read or get involved with. From heartfelt tales of unrequited love to dissing the Zune to discussing recipes, it's all here. People sharing their life experiences and openly asking other's advice... It's also a handy place to talk about computers as well. ;)

On a side note, I know the Political Forum sometimes gets a bad rap, however when people start sharing the depth of their knowledge in a particular field, be it geopolitics, religion or history, the result — to me at least — is always incredibly engaging and thought-provoking.

So yeah. Thanks all round for making this place what it is. Over the past two and half years, it has changed my life in ways that I could never have imagined.

This message is bought to you by our sponsors: codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen and Mount Gay rum. ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i too want to thank everyone and add in that i love this site and forums too.

this is one of the most engaging forums i have ever been too and i don't think i could ever stop visiting. its a wonderful atmosphere and a great place. and everyone of us makes it that wonderful experience. :D

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Thanks for the beautiful post.

There are so few places -- real or virtual -- with such an intensity of living.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Mount gay rumps? What the frack™ are you two on about? :D

3003.jpg

Don't worry; I shall still respect you in the morning. ;)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
:D Good! Then I can still respect myself! But how are you still up, love? It must be quite late there.... :(

It's 11:10pm, I've just woken up from a little unintended nap. My hair is everywhere, I have sheet crease marks on my face and there was some drool. :eek: :D

The life and glamour of a super-model; it's all one big party, you know.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
We do something like that at camp on family weekends. Although, to be honest, most of the kids don't really get it. :) Still a very cute idea. I wonder if those 130 tokens will really stay in play? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.