iPhone X I m sad. So bad apps, no optimization...

jcmendes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Portugal
What The Hell Apple, launch a phone of this price and it is rare the application that is optimized for it. So no, I can not wait 6 months to be good it as it was with the plus. shame no you

A simples Messenger, Or word, bigs keybords

No no no..... 1450 €. No no no.
[doublepost=1537564684][/doublepost]Sorry, iPhone xs MAX 256

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
go get a Samsung then...

newsflash when bigger devices are launched it's up to the developers not apple

Reactions: chfilm

jcmendes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Portugal
Ok you are right with developers but nowadays and have to wait, don t no, but i remenber with The plus several Months

rafark

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2017
It's up to the developers. Not apple.
It is up to the developers (i myself am a programmer), but I do get his point. As an end user, when you pay 1500 dollars for a product that is consideraly more expensive than the competition, you expect it to work flawlessly. Apple cannot just pass the blame to the developers, it should have made the developers update their apps by the release day by giving incentives, establishing deadlines with penalties, giving advanced courses to developers, etc.

For example make the devs get 100% of their sales for the first two monts since launch, or give them a 100% discount on their annual account fees, and so on.

Remember the first iPhone was expensive but it had great apps like YouTube and google maps that justified the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: 212rikanmofo

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
LOL!

Apple can not force the developers to update any quicker.
They cannot but I do get where OP is coming from. the iPhone is nothing without it's Apps. Lets be real here. Take away all the apps save for the stock apps and what do you have?

There should be some push/incentive to optimize for the larger phones.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
What The Hell Apple, launch a phone of this price and it is rare the application that is optimized for it. So no, I can not wait 6 months to be good it as it was with the plus. shame no you

Return it and wait for the apps to be updated.

jcmendes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Portugal
I hope i was mistake.

it's just a whine since it was not cheap to buy. and yes I love Apple for 10 years I'm in your ecosystem Ok

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
They cannot but I do get where OP is coming from. the iPhone is nothing without it's Apps. Lets be real here. Take away all the apps save for the stock apps and what do you have?

There should be some push/incentive to optimize for the larger phones.
If the developer is making lots of money on his app, he will update it. If not, he will not. It is is all about money, noth8ng else.

Reactions: valinda

jcmendes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Portugal
I don t want to change anything. As one of you said developers should know what it comes in terms of screen updates
[doublepost=1537565829][/doublepost]I don t admit to pass 2 weeks or 2 or 3 months with bad apps in a device of 1450€. Sorry but no.

I think that you don t want too

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
I don't disagree with the op, dev guidelines for the screen size have been out for a long time, it's not like it's a surprise. But don't expect much, even ipad optimizations are few and far between from devs and even Apple themselves.
Most devs probably don't know which devices are coming so there is no incentive to update their apps before release. It should not take much time to update apps to work better with the XS Max.

iPad support is unfortunately lacking in a lot of apps, especially for the larger 12.9" iPad Pro. A lot of Google apps don't even support split screen for inexplicable reasons when their other apps do.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
When you’re buying from Apple, you’re treated the same whether you bought a $5 iPhone SE or a $2000 iPhone MAX.

It’s one of the best things about Apple.

Why haven’t people learned this already? “ooh, but I sold my firstborn to get this” tough luck, get in line. Same thing happened with the iPhone 5, 6, Plus, X etc.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
My US Bank app is messed up on the Max. On my X I could use face ID to get into my account. Now with the Max it asks if i want to set up touchID so i can log in with a password. So apparently with the larger screen it assumes it's a Plus model and won't give the option to use FaceID.

jcmendes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Portugal
No Instagram no Messenger i think no Facebook. Only native aplications. Safari, Numbers, notes etc... resto of all misery.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68000
Feb 22, 2015
Thought it was in MacRumors that dev gave until March and then have to support the Max.

I’d prefer if bane was just Max without the XS.

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015

Hey guys, I’m still waiting for Max. Will you please tell me which important apps are not optimized for Max? YouTube, messaging, video player etc? Please let me know I am waiting thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.