I made an Apple commercial

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Pretty good...

On just a note about the footage itself, I'd suggest working on the white balance.

I know. It was hard because there were so many different colored lights in the room and each shot it seemed like something changed, even with adjusted kelvin.

Thanks

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
I know. It was hard because there were so many different colored lights in the room and each shot it seemed like something changed, even with adjusted kelvin.

Thanks
Yeah, it can be hard when you don't have a custom light setup. You did pretty well though.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Gary's a little bit ungrateful for his mom's card. I suspect no positive father figure was present and never taught him respect.

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
He was angry his mom wasn't there - not at his mom.
I think you missed the obvious sarcasm lol.

Serious question though, does nobody want to come and see Gary on his birthday? It's cute that they are face timing, but, I mean, why isn't Gary having a beer with his friends?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Whats with the dudes serious look at :57. Why isn't he still singing? And why isn't he happy? He doesn't know that Gary's mom stiffed him and that Gary's super pissed.

Nice video though. :)

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I made an Apple commercial

So I have to ask...

School project? personal hobby? Why did you make this?

Hobby/school. I'm into cinematography and it's for a contest

----------

I loved it, but what is it for? and what's the name of the song?

Contest. The song is pictures of you by Angie Hart, thanks

----------

Whats with the dudes serious look at :57. Why isn't he still singing? And why isn't he happy? He doesn't know that Gary's mom stiffed him and that Gary's super pissed.

Nice video though. :)

Thanks - the reason is I just wanted to keep the happy birthday playing in the background. It's supposed to only be one minute long so we didn't have enough time to fit all the shots in. Personally I still thought it fit well.

----------

I thought it was great! I like the sound track and the use of 7.1 :)

Thanks!

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I think you missed the obvious sarcasm lol.

Serious question though, does nobody want to come and see Gary on his birthday? It's cute that they are face timing, but, I mean, why isn't Gary having a beer with his friends?
Because he moved away from his friends and has no-one. We were going to make a scene where he left with a suit-case in a cab, however the commercial could only be a minute.

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
Hobby/school. I'm into cinematography and it's for a contest
Best of luck to you for the contest! I thought it looked amazing and the tone of music definitely fits Apple's style of commercials. Just a little bit more white and it would have made it look even more like it was made by Apple themselves.

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I liked the deep look at the end, his friend, and then the main guy looking back... I feel it implied some kind of relationship was going on.

Great ad by the way, I love it. Very Apple, although it is a tad on the 'warm' side and the logo at the end looks off.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I liked the deep look at the end, his friend, and then the main guy looking back... I feel it implied some kind of relationship was going on.

Great ad by the way, I love it. Very Apple, although it is a tad on the 'warm' side and the logo at the end looks off.

Thanks. It was on the warm side - we had to use an orange filter on my LED because his lights in his house and garage were an orange tint as well.

Also, did you think was wrong with the logo? They used to use that all the time on their commercials. I didn't want to overlay the iPhone logo over the video.