I Might be ready for White

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Well my Ipad 2 is sold and I await Ipad 3. The last go around with the iphone I got my 4s in white and I love it, I think after 2 Black Ipads I'm ready to go white. What about you all, sticking with Black or going White?

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Black again for me.

I got two friends who are tired of their white iPad/iPhones and wish they had picked black.

Comment

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
What about Smartcovers, sticking with them or going something else?

Comment

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
I'm sticking to the black one as well. I've never used a Smartcover, but I may give it a try this go around.

Comment

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
When you go black, you'll never go back.

I currently own a first generation iPad and will most likely buy the third generation iPad and, to be honest, I'm still in doubt.

The black border is more natural, but I also found that the white iPad 2 feels fresh and makes it seem as if the screen has a higher contrast.

When you, for example, watch a movie with letterboxes, I found that you will see that the black border is of a deeper black than the screen itself. However, if you were using a white iPad, than the letterbox would appear to be really black (because you can't compare it to a black border).

Comment

ghostworld

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2012
All my iPhones have been black so far, although I really wanted a white iPhone, they weren't available when I got it.
When I decided to buy my iPad, I asked for white, but they were sold out of those, so again I got black. Honestly, I'm actually glad they were out of white, I think I much prefer the black iPads.

I'd still, however like to get a white iPhone one day.

Comment

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
Red

Going to get the Red model, but if it's unavailable, probably white again. Black just gets too hot in the Sun and looks cheap.

Last edited:
Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
Going to stay black for my iPad 3. Too much media consumption and the black bezel definitely improves perceived contrast.

For my iPhone 4 replacement though, assuming apple sticks with a black/white paradigm and doesn't go nuts with aluminium (go UK!) or carbon, I'm going to switch to white.

Comment

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
i loved my black iPad 1 and i love my white iPad 2.

i love the way the white iPad looks. it makes the blacks on screen seem blacker.
having the black bezel makes the blacks on screen seem not dark enough.

i'm hoping for colors:rolleyes:

Comment

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
All my previous generation iPads and iPhones (up until the 4S) have been Black. I'm really liking the White iPhone 4s, it's classic Apple. Might have to give the White a try with the iPad 3 too. :apple:

Comment

Angler

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
I have a white iPad 2 and like it a lot better than my wife's black. On the other hand I have the black iPhone which I like better than the white iPhone. Will get the white iPad when the 3 comes out.

Comment

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
What about Smartcovers, sticking with them or going something else?
I like something that protects the from and back. The smart cover is nice but only protects one side at a time. I use the 3rd party portfolio thing like most others and it works great. My favorite is the one by iFrogz.

Comment

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
The saying should be "Once you go black, well, you may just get bored of black..."

Never had a white iDevice and would very much like a white iPad.

Comment

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I love my white 4S and white iPad 2. Not sure which way I'll go on the next round though.

Comment

toondw

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Northumberland, UK
I had a iPad 2 in white. Stick with black the white does distract you from the screen especially when you watching movies or video. Black is the better option I think.

Comment

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Black is the best colour all my IPhones and both our IPads 1 & 2 are Black
They just look better and are not distracting.

I hope to be inline again on launch day :) hopfully this time it will be the same day as the US release not a month later

Comment

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
Majority of my apple stuff has been white since my third gen iPod.
My favourite laptop is the white MacBook

Comment

iMoo

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
I had a iPad 2 in white. Stick with black the white does distract you from the screen especially when you watching movies or video. Black is the better option I think.
This is what i always thought. The white looks better when showing people but it's the screen you look at most of time so thought a black border would distract less from the actual screen black bars when watching media.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.