I Might be ready for White

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Well my Ipad 2 is sold and I await Ipad 3. The last go around with the iphone I got my 4s in white and I love it, I think after 2 Black Ipads I'm ready to go white. What about you all, sticking with Black or going White?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Black again for me.

I got two friends who are tired of their white iPad/iPhones and wish they had picked black.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

When the 3 arrives, it'll be Black for me too...Same with my phones.

4. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

What about Smartcovers, sticking with them or going something else?

5. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

I'm sticking to the black one as well. I've never used a Smartcover, but I may give it a try this go around.

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

When you go black, you'll never go back.

I currently own a first generation iPad and will most likely buy the third generation iPad and, to be honest, I'm still in doubt.

The black border is more natural, but I also found that the white iPad 2 feels fresh and makes it seem as if the screen has a higher contrast.

When you, for example, watch a movie with letterboxes, I found that you will see that the black border is of a deeper black than the screen itself. However, if you were using a white iPad, than the letterbox would appear to be really black (because you can't compare it to a black border).

7. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

All my iPhones have been black so far, although I really wanted a white iPhone, they weren't available when I got it.
    When I decided to buy my iPad, I asked for white, but they were sold out of those, so again I got black. Honestly, I'm actually glad they were out of white, I think I much prefer the black iPads.

I'd still, however like to get a white iPhone one day.

8. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

9. Bheleu, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

Bheleu macrumors 6502

Red

Going to get the Red model, but if it's unavailable, probably white again. Black just gets too hot in the Sun and looks cheap.
    [​IMG]

10. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Going to stay black for my iPad 3. Too much media consumption and the black bezel definitely improves perceived contrast.

For my iPhone 4 replacement though, assuming apple sticks with a black/white paradigm and doesn't go nuts with aluminium (go UK!) or carbon, I'm going to switch to white.

11. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i loved my black iPad 1 and i love my white iPad 2.

i love the way the white iPad looks. it makes the blacks on screen seem blacker.
    having the black bezel makes the blacks on screen seem not dark enough.

i'm hoping for colors:rolleyes:

12. blah35 macrumors regular

13. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Have to admit, I am liking the look of White. Might be time for me to change.

14. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

All my previous generation iPads and iPhones (up until the 4S) have been Black. I'm really liking the White iPhone 4s, it's classic Apple. Might have to give the White a try with the iPad 3 too. :apple:

15. Angler macrumors regular

I have a white iPad 2 and like it a lot better than my wife's black. On the other hand I have the black iPhone which I like better than the white iPhone. Will get the white iPad when the 3 comes out.

16. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Gave my smart cover away....Didn't like the potential for damage from the magnets. Have a leather Griffin case / stand (Black) Would buy another one for the 3 if it's a different form factor.

Attached Files:

17. GP_1 macrumors regular

My iPad 3 and iPhone 4 will both be black, again.

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I like something that protects the from and back. The smart cover is nice but only protects one side at a time. I use the 3rd party portfolio thing like most others and it works great. My favorite is the one by iFrogz.

19. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

The saying should be "Once you go black, well, you may just get bored of black..."

Never had a white iDevice and would very much like a white iPad.

20. M87 macrumors 65816

I love my white 4S and white iPad 2. Not sure which way I'll go on the next round though.

21. hayden1250 macrumors member

hayden1250

It is weird. I really like the white iPad 2. However I can't stand the white iPhone 4S.

22. toondw macrumors 6502

I had a iPad 2 in white. Stick with black the white does distract you from the screen especially when you watching movies or video. Black is the better option I think.

23. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Black is the best colour all my IPhones and both our IPads 1 & 2 are Black
    They just look better and are not distracting.

I hope to be inline again on launch day :) hopfully this time it will be the same day as the US release not a month later

24. LeeM macrumors 6502a

Majority of my apple stuff has been white since my third gen iPod.
    My favourite laptop is the white MacBook

25. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

This is what i always thought. The white looks better when showing people but it's the screen you look at most of time so thought a black border would distract less from the actual screen black bars when watching media.