Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
I will be jealous Glenn! Until the update of course! :D

I have a 24" on the way, but I am getting rid of it for the 27" Dell. That thing is sexy and it has 92% of the color gamut and a CCFL backlit which is better than the other Dells.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
I will be jealous Glenn! Until the update of course! :D

I have a 24" on the way, but I am getting rid of it for the 27" Dell. That thing is sexy and it has 92% of the color gamut and a CCFL backlit which is better than the other Dells.

BTW, what kind of system are you using now to get by with? I may have missed that part.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I would go ahead and buy it if you need it. Me personally, I am waiting. Mainly involuntarily though. With it being a while since a fresh Mac Pro update, the next update will be a drastic improvement.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
I've skimmed my way through this thread reading most (but not all) of the entries. Haven't got anything of particular interest to add other than to chuck in my two pence worth!

I finally gave in and bought a Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 3GB ram, 250GB boot, 1TB data in April. I'd been waiting since Autumn 2006 for the upgrade that everyone is still waiting for now (apart from the 8-core addition which is not what most people - me included - we really waiting for). I still don't know why I left it so long! My Mac Mini G4 was a nice machine but the Pro is just so stonkingly good and likely to remain so whatever updates are on the horizon.

I agree with the points made earlier. What difference will the odd percent improvement here and there really mean? Better video card? Maybe, but again what difference will it really make? Unless you'll be doing something that will push the current Pro configuration to its limit or you just hate the case then I see no reason to wait - even if they release an update next week! The current machine will run Leopard and whatever comes next (OS X Tabby? OS X Ginger Tom?) with no problem right up to and probably beyond the London Olympics...

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Nothing! I had a Macbook but decided to sell it off before WWDC. :eek:

Oh, that stinks. I've got a Powerbook and a home-built PC. The Powerbook I'll probably keep for a long long time because I like the form-factor so much. The PC, minus the drives, will be sold piece by piece. I may save the case for a future file/application server. (Coolermaster Stacker)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.