I miss going naked...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stickboy2k, Mar 9, 2012.

1. stickboy2k macrumors member

After having a case for a while I really miss having the 4s all naked and junk.
    Anyone else?

If only there was a case that magically disappeared when you actually went to use the phone! Or better yet, turned into a DragonBall Z themed skin complete with glowing blond hair!

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Just don't use a case. I don't, and I know other that don't as well. My third iPhone (4S now) and never use a case.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I've been feeling the same as well lately. Think I'm going to take off my OB Reflex and rock my iPhone naked. I'm done buying cases.

4. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

i agree with u, i was using a pouch for a year on my iphone 4 , then bought a sgp bumper thats pretty cool but nothing compares to naked iphone 4 feeling.
    Today i bought the Pinlo Slice3 thats so thin that u barrely feel it there !
    its the one thats 0.35mm only!

For sure if it falls on the floor then its ohoh but im careful.
    So everal im happy with my buy today ;)

5. readyforryan macrumors member

Same here. Got a new 4s and just cannot bring myself to put a case on it. It just looks so beautiful naked. :D

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I used cases on iPhone 3GS and 4.

For 4s I bought AppleCare plus and use an anti glare and back sticker. I much prefer no case. If I break it. I'll pay the replacement fee. Cases are expensive anyway and make accessory use hard.

Fwiw I have dropped my 4s on to tile and concrete. From about 4 feet or so. No problem. Barely any visible mark.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

so take the case off iphone public nudity is allowed.;)

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Decided to rock a Griffiin Reveal which shows the back of my phone as I had a couple of close encounters.

9. eikast macrumors member

With a beautiful phone such as the iPhone 4S , I don't see why anyone would want to use a case to hide such beauty. If you're worried about getting it damaged then you should have gotten AC+.

10. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Apple care + is a complete waste of money. $99 for Apple care + $49 to get your phone fixed? You're paying $150 and the cost to get the phone replaced without Apple care is $200. You only save $50.. If a replacement is required. Also, if the back panel of glass were to shatter, it would be cheaper to get it replaced without using your Apple care. I just don't see a point to it.

11. readyforryan macrumors member

How much would does it cost to replace without Apple care?

12. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

It's $29 plus tax.

13. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm afraid to take my case off now and be naked because I have a 4s jailbroken...

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

This. Great for when you're not using a case :eek: It's a pad yes. Not a magical charging pad, just a leather pad.

[​IMG]
    by Gadgetmac, on Flickr

15. jimenez1410 macrumors newbie

What is it called?

16. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

17. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

AC and other insurance services might give you a replacement. But the time you are going to spend phone less plus the possible data loss (iCloud is not backing up constantly) is not worth the risk.

18. jimenez1410 macrumors newbie

19. molala macrumors 6502a

Very pretty. But unless you are dragging your phone on your desk which would lead to scratches, I don't see the point.

20. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Can you explain how it's only $200 to replace a broken phone without applecare +? Through apple? I thought you had to buy a new phone straight-up, which is $600+. I've never had to though so I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

21. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Just go directly to Apple, and as long as your phone is in one piece (Not in 50 different pieces inside a zip lock bag) they will replace the phone for you for a price tag of $200 for the iPhone 4S and $169 for the iPhone 4. It says it directly on their website under the help section. You do not need to buy a whole new phone. If however, you lose your phone, that's a different story, and you will need to repurchase one at full retail price.

Read the "My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?" section. Under "Warranty and Service pricing".
    http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Canada&product=iphone

22. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

So I saved myself $50 with the + plan. If it happens to break twice though...

And are the stipulations for a scratched screen. The apple dude at the store said I could get a new iphone even if I just scratched the screen...

----------

Wouldn't a piece of paper towel do the same thing? Although not as pretty...

23. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yeah you pretty much just save $50... But in my mind it's not even worth it. You may break your phone, you may not... But to give Apple $99 and then have to pay another $50 IF you break your phone? That is ridiculous. You should only have to pay the $99 and you get the phone replaced for free. A $100 savings might be worth it for some people, but definitely not $50.

I'm not really sure about scratching the front screen, but the back panel of glass can be replaced for $29 from Apple (plus tax). So if you just break the back panel of glass you can fix it for $29 and that's actually cheaper than having Apple care + and having to pay $50. In my mind, they really screwed up the Apple care +. I really see no point to having it... Not to mention, the majority of people that have broken phones get them replaced for free from Apple. Apple is normally pretty good with that.

24. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

So useless LOL