I miss my iOS 6 dictionary and overall look...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Swagged, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Swagged macrumors regular

The iOS 6 dictionary was more elegant than that of iOS 7, it even had sentences and other little perks which made it cool. iOS 7 dictionary's flat. I don't understand these neon colors in iOS 7. iOS 6 looked more natural, I wished they'd go back.

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Cool story, this is the first time I've read anything like this.

3. mreffinsweet macrumors newbie

lol!:d

4. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

Stop living in the past. If you want ios6 back then go buy a device from ebay, plenty of people selling iphones and ipads with iOS6.

5. Altis macrumors 68000

Can you even activate an iOS 6 device anymore, even if it's brand new?

6. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

I think you can. The problem is why should customer force to buy other device just to get the older OS... This makes zero sense on consumer side...

7. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

This has already been hashed out numerous times in other threads. Apple isn't going to allow downgrades because of the increased fragmentation it would cause. It's best for developers when as many people as possible are on the newest OS, which in turn allows for better apps for consumers.

Don't like it? Android is waiting for you right over there.

8. SakuraSuki, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Dude...don't force me say this: I Love my Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Galaxy Note 8... You know what, my next phone will be Nexus 5 as well.

All you guys are on Apple's side, this is silly and stupid. If Apple shipping a buggy and immature OS, it better prepare the worst and let people downgrade to more mature OS. At least you can downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP and Microsoft helps users to that.

9. chabig macrumors 68040

10. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Auto correct..,

11. Altis macrumors 68000

I didn't think you could activate without updating unless the device doesn't support iOS 7. (3GS, iPad 1,...)

It's not for the consumers, clearly.

12. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Compare apples to apples. No downgrade path exists in a widows mobile phone environment. You can downgrade from Mavericks to Mountain Lion to Lion, etc and Apple will help there as well, so what is the issue or point with this comparison (I have already been berated for comparing computers to phones in the other thread so that same standard needs to stick now as well)???

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yes

14. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Wait for a jailbreak, then you can install an iOS6 theme. :D

15. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

If the device came with iOS 6, I think you can activate it. You just cannot restore anymore....

16. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Good, glad you found a phone that suits you.

iOS 7 isn't any more buggy than any past version of iOS. Any time someone experiences a bug in iOS, we all hear about how iOS *insert version here* is the worst version of iOS ever and how Apple is doomed, their QC has gone downhill, etc.

The reality is, iOS has always worked very well for the majority of people with iOS devices. Who really comes on an internet forum to post about how awesome something is? It's human nature to sit down and shut up when we enjoy a product and to scream bloody murder when we're dissatisfied.

17. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

:D lol.. so iOS 6 is the mature OS and iOS 7 is buggy and immature? Riiight..

----------

Which makes it look good. Also, I have four languages defined in the new dictionary, which the iOS 6 dictionary doesn't allow for. The iOS 7 dictionary is better by a landslide, period.

18. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

Why would anyone need to buy an Android phone if they already own an iPhone... Just upgrade to iOS 7 and you will have one... Only worse looking...

19. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

And it also allows you to quickly search the web for the defined word. So that is like the right click and "Search with Google" function on Mac.

20. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Does any mobile operating system really look bad? I personally think they're all slick in their own ways.

21. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Nothing is worse looking than Android.

22. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I much prefer the predominantly black look of Android keyboards and menus to the neon-text-on-blinding-white look of iOS 7. And Android's icons may not all be one uniform shape. But at least they don't look like they were drawn by a 3rd grader.

23. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

"Buggy immature OS", buys Android. xD

Sources:
    I have a Nexus 7, it sucks. I have an iPad mini, it doesn't.

----------

True.
    Neon > Tron

24. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

and what is the reasoning for you to be trolling in an apple forum?

25. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

Oh give me a break. Every computer I have owned since 1993 has been made by Apple (along with every phone since the iPhone 3G). I have been a member of this forum for several years and can post my opinion whenever I damn well please. And I should be able to post a dissenting opinion without people like you calling me a troll. I didn't say Android is the greatest thing ever or that everyone here should dump Apple and switch to Samsung. I didn't post spam or inappropriate material.

All I did was post a dissenting opinion. You don't agree with me? Fine. Post a counter argument. Explain to me how making all the navigation elements in iOS 7 plain text on a white background is actually better than the grey bars and buttons of iOS 6. Convince me that the icons in iOS 7 are actually more beautiful and artistic than they were before (and when compared to Android). Do any of these things. But don't call me a troll. I'm so sick and tired of all the iOS 7 zealots that run around these forums calling anyone who doesn't agree with them a troll or a paid Samsung minion I could vomit.

For the record, I much preferred the look of iOS 6 to either Android or iOS 7. But, now that iOS 6 isn't an option anymore, I prefer darker tones of Android to the "white everywhere" look of iOS 7. But I miss iOS 6 and that's why I posted in this thread.