I Miss Steve Jobs.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Yeah, I said it.

Not to bash on Tim Cook's performance earlier.

Just wanted to say it. He was awesome.

Nevertheless, pre-ordered the new iPad.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Okay.

Glad to know you miss him.
--------

Steve Jobs had no magic, he was just good at being manipulative and a good salesman. That's all.

To me he was just a person. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Okay.

Glad to know you miss him.
--------

Steve Jobs had no magic, he was just good at being manipulative and a good salesman. That's all.

To me he was just a person. Nothing more, nothing less.
I suggest you read a little about the influence he had on the way we use computers and on computers for design.

Only human, yes. Anal and hard to work for, yes. But you cannot chalk up his success to manipulation and sales.

Perihelion

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Tim's presentation was fine but he doesn't have the bravado that Steve brought. I miss the reality distortion field.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Tim Cook is just what Apple needs to be less polarizing. He will take Apple to the next level with a refreshing degree of credibility, free from exaggerated claims & hype. The Jobs era is over and done with. There's no point to living in the past. It's only getting better as each day under Cook ticks off.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I suggest you read a little about the influence he had on the way we use computers and on computers for design.

Only human, yes. Anal and hard to work for, yes. But you cannot chalk up his success to manipulation and sales.
I already am, and to be honest, I'm only learning two things (from the biography)

1) He was good at getting people to buy things from him.

2) He was a major ass and hell to work with or be around.

And he's just a person. His death had absolutely no effect on me, because honestly I didn't care. I had no connection with him, no relations, so it didn't matter to me.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
We all miss Steve, but his influence can be seen and felt in Apple's products - and that will be the case for many generations of new Apple products in future :) There will be a little sadness with every product release when we don't see the familiar Steve with his turtleneck appear on stage; I'm sure all Apple fans will feel that to some degree.

Tim's doing a great job, all eyes are on him and it's not easy to be the guy in the big man's shoes. He deserves all our support and respect.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
He certainly was a very clever and manipulative man. It is a shame a genius like him died, but thats life.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I don't miss him but I don't watch most of the media events (they're kind of boring to me) so I can't really compare him to Tim Cook.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I didn't know him, so I can't miss him.

I did miss his presence during the media event, he was a master showman able to really put on a great presentation.

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
I'm new to apple computers, but I've watched a few of the events and Steve's presence was missed I thought. It was still a good presentation, but having Jobs there would have made it better for me.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I already am, and to be honest, I'm only learning two things (from the biography)

1) He was good at getting people to buy things from him.

2) He was a major ass and hell to work with or be around.

And he's just a person. His death had absolutely no effect on me, because honestly I didn't care. I had no connection with him, no relations, so it didn't matter to me.
You miss my point. My point is If you use a computer or are involved in any form of design involving computers (predominantly with type), then Steve Jobs had an effect on you directly. You don't have to like the man to admit his influence.

Stevesanders

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Perihelion said:
Tim's presentation was fine but he doesn't have the bravado that Steve brought. I miss the reality distortion field.
Tim Cook is great with the business aspect of the company. Not sure if he should do anymore of these keynotes.

Stevesanders

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Iscariot said:
We all had such a personal connection to a billionaire tech CEO, amirite?
Not only that but I had the feeling with Steve Jobs that I was part of something great and greater than just owning a new gadget!

Now I just feel like I have bought in a very profitable company. Maybe its so profitable because I paid too much for it or have supported cheap labour in another third world country.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I miss the people in my life that have passed away, not Steve Jobs. Yes he was a great salesman, but I didn't know him personally as he didn't know me. My life is the same without him....

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
You miss my point. My point is If you use a computer or are involved in any form of design involving computers (predominantly with type), then Steve Jobs had an effect on you directly. You don't have to like the man to admit his influence.
Uhm, Steve Jobs had no direct effect on me because I use a computer, or even an Apple computer. He only had an effect on the industry, and even then, it wasn't him, it was his pressure on the team that built the device. He was the one yelling "stroke" in the boat. The team were the rowers; they did a majority of the work.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Uhm, Steve Jobs had no direct effect on me because I use a computer, or even an Apple computer. He only had an effect on the industry, and even then, it wasn't him, it was his pressure on the team that built the device. He was the one yelling "stroke" in the boat. The team were the rowers; they did a majority of the work.
Believe what you wish. :)

lulla01

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
i do

I miss him too. I miss his keynotes, I miss his enthusiasm and I miss his witty insults towards competitors.