I Miss Steve Jobs.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Mar 7, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Yeah, I said it.

Not to bash on Tim Cook's performance earlier.

Just wanted to say it. He was awesome.

Nevertheless, pre-ordered the new iPad.

2. 'Bmac macrumors regular

HappyDude20.... I agree with you. I miss him too. Tim Cook is good BUT he don't hold that magic Steve Jobs had at an announcement

3. chrf097, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Okay.

Glad to know you miss him.
    --------

Steve Jobs had no magic, he was just good at being manipulative and a good salesman. That's all.

To me he was just a person. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I suggest you read a little about the influence he had on the way we use computers and on computers for design.

Only human, yes. Anal and hard to work for, yes. But you cannot chalk up his success to manipulation and sales.

5. Perihelion macrumors regular

Tim's presentation was fine but he doesn't have the bravado that Steve brought. I miss the reality distortion field.

6. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

We all had such a personal connection to a billionaire tech CEO, amirite?

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Tim Cook is just what Apple needs to be less polarizing. He will take Apple to the next level with a refreshing degree of credibility, free from exaggerated claims & hype. The Jobs era is over and done with. There's no point to living in the past. It's only getting better as each day under Cook ticks off.

9. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I already am, and to be honest, I'm only learning two things (from the biography)

1) He was good at getting people to buy things from him.

2) He was a major ass and hell to work with or be around.

And he's just a person. His death had absolutely no effect on me, because honestly I didn't care. I had no connection with him, no relations, so it didn't matter to me.

10. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    We all miss Steve, but his influence can be seen and felt in Apple's products - and that will be the case for many generations of new Apple products in future :) There will be a little sadness with every product release when we don't see the familiar Steve with his turtleneck appear on stage; I'm sure all Apple fans will feel that to some degree.

Tim's doing a great job, all eyes are on him and it's not easy to be the guy in the big man's shoes. He deserves all our support and respect.

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

He certainly was a very clever and manipulative man. It is a shame a genius like him died, but thats life.

12. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

I don't miss him but I don't watch most of the media events (they're kind of boring to me) so I can't really compare him to Tim Cook.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I didn't know him, so I can't miss him.

I did miss his presence during the media event, he was a master showman able to really put on a great presentation.

14. camardelle macrumors 6502

I'm new to apple computers, but I've watched a few of the events and Steve's presence was missed I thought. It was still a good presentation, but having Jobs there would have made it better for me.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Steve Jobs personified the magic of Apple in his keynote addresses.

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

You miss my point. My point is If you use a computer or are involved in any form of design involving computers (predominantly with type), then Steve Jobs had an effect on you directly. You don't have to like the man to admit his influence.

17. Stevesanders macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Tim Cook is great with the business aspect of the company. Not sure if he should do anymore of these keynotes.

18. Stevesanders macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not only that but I had the feeling with Steve Jobs that I was part of something great and greater than just owning a new gadget!

Now I just feel like I have bought in a very profitable company. Maybe its so profitable because I paid too much for it or have supported cheap labour in another third world country.

19. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I miss the people in my life that have passed away, not Steve Jobs. Yes he was a great salesman, but I didn't know him personally as he didn't know me. My life is the same without him....

20. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Uhm, Steve Jobs had no direct effect on me because I use a computer, or even an Apple computer. He only had an effect on the industry, and even then, it wasn't him, it was his pressure on the team that built the device. He was the one yelling "stroke" in the boat. The team were the rowers; they did a majority of the work.

21. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Believe what you wish. :)

22. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

i do

I miss him too. I miss his keynotes, I miss his enthusiasm and I miss his witty insults towards competitors.

23. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Holy ****. Thread digging much?

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

haha slightly!