I miss Tiger

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Volkstaia, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

Rounded Edges and buttons, colors, brushed metal, huge traffic lights, scrollbars, stripes OH MY GOD THE STRIPES. It's just...OS X has become so refined and gray, I miss when I wanted to eat my os. Seriously, those window icons I wanted to chuck in to my mouth and suck on for a while. I know there's a thread like this every 12 seconds, but it almost makes me want to go to windows 8. It looks flat and futuristic, and unlike some people here I'm not a blind fanboy who'd chastise God himself before Tim Cook or Jony Ive.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Making ridiculous statements like this removes any credibility your post might have had.

3. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

The only thing I miss from Tiger is OpenTransport which one of my legacy apps needs...

4. Volkstaia, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013

Volkstaia thread starter macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I said some not all. Are you denying the fact that there are die hard mac fanboys on this forum?

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Re: Missing Tiger

Some people take The Brady Bunch WAY too seriously.

Attached Files:

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

I miss Tiger too. It is by far the most stable and reliable version of OS X to date, both on PPC and Intel. I know some on here are die hard Snow Leopard fans, for me it's Tiger.

That doesn't mean I don't like other versions of OS X (I'm very happy with Mavericks and was with Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Mountain Lion. I didn't like Lion much)

And the OP is right, there are some Mac Macs on here (can't you tell I listen to Angry Mac B*******)

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Obviously Apple thinks Tiger is their best OS, look at "About This Mac" more info button on OS X Mavericks. It will show your Mac with the default wallpaper that shipped with Tiger.

It's my favorite Apple OS. Speedy, great UI, and amazing features that was years ahead of Windows.

8. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

How did you get the default Tiger wallpaper from "About This Mac"?

Attached Files:

9. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

threads like this are a riot. i'm trying to imagine sacrificing the speed, integrity, stability, and potential of mavericks to go back to an old OS.

we could all get pagers, a palm pilot (which we can sync to the mac!), and bad haircuts as well...

it's ok that you miss Tiger, but it's hardly worth starting a thread... :D

10. darngooddesign, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

darngooddesign macrumors G3

Doesn't change the fact that your "blind fanboy who'd chastise god" wording is ridiculous and makes it hard to take anything else you say as serious.

11. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I meant this (it shows whatever mac you have with the aqua wallpaper from Tiger):

Attached Files:

12. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Although I started with Leopard I can understand the OP's plight. Letting go is hard to do. We need therapeutic threads like this every once in a while even though they serve no purpose. I myself still boot into Snow Leopard once in a while just to stroll down memory lane. Those were simpler times. :(

Later all. There's an "I Love Lucy" marathon starting at noon.

13. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Oh... I get the following...

Attached Files:

14. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

actually...i hear you. it's like pop music; we all 'remember' our growing-up music as 'the best'. but with tech, there's (rarely) a reason to go backwards...

15. N19h7m4r3 macrumors 65816

N19h7m4r3

Lol! I came just to post that, ah well. :p

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

FWIW I do agree.

I still have an lamp iMac running a much older OSX, and it is super glossy/shiny.

17. FSMBP, Oct 31, 2013

FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

For Macs that ship with a built in screen (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Airs etc), all show the Tiger wallpaper.

For example, my new MacBook Pro I got last week shows it the Aqua wallpaper.
    Scroll through this page on this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=203766&page=116

PS: That is one amazing setup you have!

18. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

19. cube macrumors G5

First they remove Rosetta and scrollbar arrows.

Now they remove local iOS sync.

Apple going downhill, as usual.

20. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Thanks!! :D

21. SusanK, Oct 31, 2013

SusanK macrumors 68000

I miss Steve's Apple

Interesting thread. I was thinking along similar lines but did not start a tread as I knew I would be flamed.

Last evening I needed to print a document. The print command yielded nothing. I saw a progress bar that stopped a third of the way. Gave it two more tries, same deal.

I picked up my iBook running Panther to print same document. A message appeared on the screen advising me to replace the color cartridge and try again.

I replaced the cartridge and printed the document from the old iBook running Panther. The MBA running ML prints now too that the mystery has been solved.

I would have been trouble shooting the printer all night if the iBook was not available. Love the MBA but ML is useless for such issues. No, I have no plans to move to Mavericks.

Steve made computers for the rest of us. It's anybody's guess what Apple is doing now but there is a lot of dissatisfaction.

I really miss Steve's Apple. Cook has gone off the rails.

22. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Steve didn't do this. He was a technical idiot and a narcissistic arsehole that gets way too much credit for design and innovation. If anything, he was able to recognize the great product ideas submitted by forgotten minions and competitors and was able to take them to the next level. Only in this respect did his genius and talents shine.

Cook is a boring bean-counter and shouldn't be the "face" of Apple.

23. cube macrumors G5

Apple has been going down since the Cube was discontinued.

24. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

25. Siderz macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming that next year, whatever Mac version comes out will look like iOS7, which makes Windows Phone look horrible (Well, most things do).

----------

What do you do on it?