I must Confess! [I really really like the iPhone 5s]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tthomas612, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have been a long time person who has downed the design of the iPhone 5/5s.

I recently owned an iPhone 5c, but after having issue after issue with that phone Apple upgraded me to an iPhone 5s. At first I was not keen to the idea. I even told Apple to give me a 4S instead. However they wouldn't do it for whatever reason. My only option was the 5s. I had previously bought the iPhone 5 on launch last year and returned it to keep my 4s.

However I must confess and say that I do like the iPhone 5s. I really really like it. It is very fast and a total different type of beast compared to my iPhone 5c. That's my confession as I will no longer be a hater towards the iPhone 5/5s.

I will say however I do still like the iPhone 5c and I still believe it is a great phone. I honestly wish I didn't have so many issues out of them. I just couldn't take it anymore after 6 devices

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Why didn't you like the 5s in the first place? Sounds kind of odd.

3. cynics macrumors G3

I'm curious about this too.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! :D

The only visual difference between the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5s is the TouchID ring. So either it's down to internal hardware or iOS 7 that has changed your mind.

In either case, glad to see the 5s works for you. I however, will be staying with the iPhone 5. At least until the iPhone 6 comes along!

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I don't get it either. I have a 5 and a 5s set up identically and except for touchID I can't tell a wit of difference between the two in everyday use. Maybe OP was having hardware issues like reported screen popping out or whatever.

6. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Well, it's really about this... I stayed on my iphone 5 for a total of 36 hours back in September of 2012. At the time I did not like the iPhone 5 and when the iPhone 5s was released I did not care for it either. It's a matter of personal preference.

However after 7 months or so with my iPhone 5c and numerous other issues (my screen never popped out). Apple decided to give me a 5s. I didn't ask for it. At this time I have changed my mind on the 5/5s design and build.

Now with all if that said I will tell you what I disliked about the 5/5s since people. "Don't get it." When the 5 was announced at the keynote I first liked it. However after I spent a couple of days with it I did not. I did not like the two toned back and at the time it felt too light to me. I returned it and stayed with my 4s until the 5c was released. The 5c is a well built phone that feels great in hand and I still like the design/build of the phone. However with the numerous software/hardware issues I had it was time to do something else.

In return I received the 5s and have since decided that my hatred was misguided all along. It's a very nice designed phone. With all that said I still have my upgrade and I will still upgrade to the iPhone 6 in September. So I'm not missing out on anything.

It's my personal preference.

----------

I think it's more of a matter of my personal preferences. I never like said the iPhone 5 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen (I think that goes to the Galaxy S5).

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Perhaps you just didn't give the 5 enough time when you had it. At any rate, glad you like it now.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Totally get that. For me, I was coming from an HTC Touch Pro in 2012. I had had that phone for three years and customized the heck out of it. But Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro is still Windows. The thing was a brick, despite the fact HTC had advertised it as the "iPhone killer" in 2008.

I got a 3GS too about a year before my iPhone 5, and that's a great phone. But for me, moving to an all metal really light phone was my personal preference and hey, it was solid black and had that whole 2001: A Space Odyssey monolith thing going which I really like.

9. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

that was very nice of Apple to upgrade you from the C to the S. :apple:

10. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Black is and always will be my favorite iphone color. Honestly they should've done an iPhone 5c in all black

----------

It really was very nice of them. I guess they sensed my frustrations of having to go back to the Apple Store so many times.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

5S shouldn't really be a completely different type of beast compares to 5C as far as user experience and use goes really (TouchID aside essentially). It sounds more like you had some at least somewhat unusual issues with the 5C that made it seem different than what a 5C or a 5 is generally like.

12. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

OP, did they keep you on the same plan or did you have to pay more each month?

13. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

They kept me on the same plan. My fiancée still has her 5c which she has had no problems out of since September 20th

----------

I think you are probably right. When I first got my 5c it was very fast. My fiancée's 5c is still very fast. The speed between my 5s and her 5c is minimal. However I bet if I had my old 5c and this phone i'd be able to tell a difference. It's just that my experiences on the 5c was very unusual.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Just curious: what were these issues?

15. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

16. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

It's a good thing you finally warmed up to the 5s because I'm almost certain the iPhone 6 will resemble the 5s more than the 5c :)

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I hope you don't say this about the 6/6S when you decide to get a 6C.

18. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

You are probably right. My intention the entire time was to upgrade to the 6 anyway. I only got the 5c because I did not like the 5/5s. I did not use my upgrade to get the iPhone 5c's. Therefore my upgrade is still available and will be available when the iPhone 6 is released.

----------

Well I do not believe a 6c will be released with this refresh. I think it may come every two years. However my intention the entire time was to upgrade to the iPhone 6 when it was released. As you can read through all of my posts.

I had been highly critical of the 5/5s since the iPhone 5 was released. It was honestly misguided and I can admit when I am wrong about something.

I do however like the iPhone 5c. I just had all kinds of issues with every single iPhone 5c they would send me or give me. I never asked for the iPhone 5s. I honestly asked them to give me a 4S to hold me until the 6 is released. I am however happy they gave me the 5s

19. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I actually didn't like the 5s initially either. I bought the 5c because it was heavier, more colorful, and it seemed so untraditionally Apple.

I still have my 5c, zero problems luckily. Though, I do have a 5s on my other line now. I like the way the 5s functions but I'm still not a fan of the way it looks. However, a good case and that matters not. ^_^

20. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

As you can see from the link...

The issues varied and none of them had the same issues. Some of the issues could have been software related, but most were all hardware.

I am almost certain that the Apple executive office got as tired hearing from me as I was talking to them. I'm sure my local
    Apple retail store was as tired of seeing me as I were them.

21. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Did they upgrade you at apple store or you called apple care?

22. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This was me... I honestly love the iPhone 5c. The look and the feel. Just my issues were plentiful and I was just tired of spending time on the phone and in the Apple store.

I am a fan and will always be a fan of the iPhone 5c

----------

Actually it was a guy at the Apple Executive Offices. He took over my case after the 3rd replacement and I had to go through him for all of the rest of my issues.

23. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

I find this odd too because the 5c is last year's flagship in a new case while the 5s is brand new and much superior hardware in a similar case of last year's flagship.

24. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't think it's odd. I think maybe his personal preference evolved. He didn't get a 5s because other than TouchID the 5s was physically similar to the 5, a phone he stated already that he didn't like at the time.

So he went with the 5c because to him it felt better in his hand than the 5s at that time.

25. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

When i buy a phone i look at the specs not the looks. If he buys a 5c he buys essentially a 5. This is confusing for me.