i need help fast or it will be a chirstmas disaster

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lemon2323, Dec 24, 2010.

1. lemon2323 macrumors newbie

my brother has a jailbroken ipod touch 3.1.2. he wanted to upgrade it to 4.2 for a while but never had the time to. sooooo i took it upon my self to try and upgrade it than jailbreak it again. i just pressed upgrade and it gave me a couple errors and stuff and now his ipod is at the recovery screen and when i plug it in itunes doesnt recognize it but my computer pops up saying stuff like "new hardware found, i pod (recovery mode). someone please help me getting it out of recovery mode

2. sammyk macrumors newbie

same problem with my iphone 3g
    if uve still got warranty then get it replaced if not then ive got the same problem n sum1 help :(

3. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

i need it fixed by tomorrow tho :[

4. sammyk macrumors newbie

phone apple and book an appointment.
    i dont think u shud try n do it urself coz if uve got warranty then theyll just giv u a new 1.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

download tiny umbrella and kick it out of recovery mode

6. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

that option was grayed out so i couldn't click it :[

7. sammyk macrumors newbie

oh ive just realized its jailbroken
    dont giv it 2 apple
    when i find a solution 4 mine ill let u know coz its basically the same problem :/

8. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeahh :/

9. Orange™ macrumors 6502

I have no sympathy for you.

Serves you right for breaking the law. :p Also, you're ****ed, no one can fix that. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas though. :D

10. Surely Guest

Surely

11. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

i didnt break the law obviously. and people can fix it

12. Orange™ macrumors 6502

So? Obviously the act of jail breaking alone is not illegal, it's what users usually do with a jail broken idevice that is illegal. How many people do you think jailbreak without stealing apps? :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'm sure you agree with the act because you yourself are a thief.

13. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    That's a pretty bold statement. :rolleyes:

14. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

he jail broke it to play pokemon on his ipod which is legal because the roms are legal if you own the game which he does. now can you guys please help me look for a solution?

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Wowzers.

I don't know why I'm responding to this nonsense, but....

I haven't jailbroken my iPhone since I had the 1st gen. I haven't had the need to do it. When I did jailbrake, I never stole apps, I never used Installus (sp?). I mostly did it for Winterboard and SBSettings.

You should really learn a little restraint when it comes to hurling insults at people you don't know.:rolleyes:

It would have been a little more mature to admit that you were wrong.

16. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Straight from Nintendo:

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Don't worry, I'm sure some thief on here will help you though.

17. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly, can yo help me find a solution now?

18. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Actually, I was dead on and far from wrong. I accused him of using the jail break to download illegal apps, he than admitted it was used to illegally download a Pokemon game. See my previous post with a quote straight from Nintendo that downloading ROMS are illegal regardless of a physical ownership.

So the real question is, maybe you should admit you were wrong which you clearly were. My hunch was dead on. :)

19. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

accutaly thanks for that quote. i know now it is illegal and deleted all his roms. thanks for the correct info. it was very stupid of him

20. Surely Guest

Surely

No, you implied that the act of jailbreaking is breaking the law.

Whatever dude, go cause trouble in another thread. :rolleyes:

21. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Yeah, one can always tell when a troll is cornered when he tries to put words in one's mouth. No where did I ever say jail breaking was illegal, you foolishly implied that from my comment. It's unfortunate you aren't mature enough to handle a conversation and resort to running away, alas, trolls usually do though. :rolleyes:

To the OP, I don't know how to help, but your welcome for the free bumps I gave this thread. Happy holidays. :D

22. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

no prob. now go to this thread for later arguments http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11618446#post11618446 . i would like to get help with my problem, no more argument please

23. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes, I'm a troll. I've been a member here for 3 years leading up to this moment, so that I can troll this particular thread.:rolleyes:

Please read how the thread progressed. The OP merely stated that he had issues with his jailbroken iPod touch. He did not discuss any of the game ROM stuff until after you told him what he was doing is illegal (all you knew up to that point was that he had a jailbroken iPod touch, which isn't illegal).

I posted that the act of jailbreaking itself is not illegal, and even posted an article to back that claim up. The proper response from you would have been to clarify your statement, and to admit that your first post was inaccurate. Instead, you went on the offensive, called me a thief, called the OP a thief, and then called me a troll.

I think everyone involved in this thread knows what you are. EDIT: and looking at your posting history confirmed it.

24. lemon2323 thread starter macrumors newbie

bad ! move this to the agrument thread

25. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

If I read it correctly, you were trying to upgrade it when the process had a sh*tfit on you, are you able to re-download the correct IPSW to update the iPod, and then option+click and select it - it could have been an issue with the firmware download.