I need help finding old OS X screen saver pictures.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Garrod, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Garrod macrumors regular

Garrod

I'm running El Capitan and was messing around with the screen saver settings earlier. I can't remember which version of OS X it was but there used to be a selection with the following names:
    Abstract

Beach

Cosmos

Nature

Nature Patterns

Paper Shadow

In particular, I'm after the Nature selection. I know I used to have them on this Mac after transferring everything from my last Mac but a few OS X updates later they seem to have gone. Can anyone help? I've tried installing OS Lion (and updates) in VMware Fusion but can't find them in there.

Any help would be appreciated - even if someone could upload the collection somewhere would be a help thanks!

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Three possible locations for screensavers:

/System/Library/Screen Savers
    /Library/Screen Savers
    ~/Library/Screen Savers (where ~ is your home folder)

3. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

I found the "Nature" folder in a Snow Leopard HD, at : HD/Library/Desktop Pictures.

HERE <----

4. Garrod thread starter macrumors regular

Garrod

Thanks for that - it's got some of the images I was after but I might have been mistaken in the name it seems; the images I particularly wanted also had a couple or three of some woodlands. I'm at a complete loss; VMware or Parallels won't let me install Snow Leopard / Leopard / Tiger for me to search for myself!