I need help with a game.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by romeo26, May 7, 2010.

1. romeo26 macrumors member

So i install bootcamp on my mbp to play games. I went to best buy, and bought boarderlands. Installed boarderlands and...i need the dvd to play it! I thought it would be the steam version but it is not. I didnt not want to go through steam because connection is slow. What can i do to play it without the dvd? What if i wanted the steam one...what to do?

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You can go into Steam and click "+ADD GAME" in the lower left hand corner of the main window. Then select "Activate a game on Steam." It should transfer the license to Steam, however some are not allowed. YMMV.

3. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Most games aren't allowed. Out of the 1200 games on Steam only 20-30 or so are activated through Steam.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

But in the OP's case, it should work as the game is a Valve product.

6. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

it doesnt work i need a cd key.

if i rip my disk what program can i use to mount the image of the dvd?

how would i rip a image of the dvd?

7. Charlie.naylor macrumors newbie

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just to clarify, the Borderlands you bought did not include a key? I'm a bit surprised, but I believe what Charlie and Dagless are saying. Not that it's going to help you get it registered, but I registered my copy of the original Half Life on Steam, and that title is not on the list of games in the link.

As previously mentioned, a No-CD patch is what you need. Do a search on GameCopyWorld and note their disclaimer: GameCopyWorld only supplies Information and Tools necessary to make a PERSONAL BACKUP of legally owned Game CD/DVD's. GameCopyWorld in NO WAY links or makes it possible to illegally download or acquire any copyrighted game(s) or Serials/Keys (including CD/DVD & Activation Keys).

9. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

thanks you guys. iam going to try the nocd crack when i get home.

i do not get my games illegally, i like to support the people who make them.

10. Charlie.naylor macrumors newbie

in the case of borderlands, you can still play online with a nocd crack so its not going to change your experience when you play it.

11. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

any recomendations on were to get it...all i did is search google (borderlands nocd)?

12. Charlie.naylor macrumors newbie