I need my $100 rebate!!!! Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelkam, Sep 16, 2007.

1. michaelkam macrumors newbie

I have 2 credits to collect, one is using my friends at&t phone#(non-iPhone ), It works.

the second one is using my T_MOBILE, which appears "You may not be eligible.". I have been try many times using others at&t phone#, but it still doesn't works

Do i need to call Apple?

DAM!!

2. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

You say you're eligible but yet you have a T-Mobile phone, and another AT&T phone that's NOT an iPhone.

Doesn't add up buddy. Sounds like you are NOT eligible at all. If you were, you would have an iPhone to accept the code from Apple, and it should work without any problem at all.

I really hope you're not trying to lie cheat and steal. :mad:

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Ok, your post was a little disjointed.

From what you are saying, you bought 2 iPhones. Unlocked them for t-mobile? Then used your buddy's ATT phone number to receive the text message. Now you can't figure out how to get the second text message?

If I am correct and you are trying to get the credits from an unlocked iphone, good luck but it's probably not happening...Apple snuck in some pretty interesting measures to make sure only people who followed the Apple/ATT partnership could get the credit. It sucks but they don't officially sanction any other activation techniques and have stated they have no intention of supporting them.

If I misunderstood your post and you are looking to get your credit from an ATT-activated iphone that's different. Please clarify.

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

5. michaelkam thread starter macrumors newbie

you right, I brought 2 iPhones and unlocked them for T_mobile.

I got one of the credit by entered my friend's AT&T Phone #

Than I tried to entered my T-mobile #, It did not work. Everytime I tryed to enter my friend's AT&T number, I received "You may not be eligible." So I wonder if Apple can give me anthor chance 0_O

6. zinj macrumors member

7. ps49556n macrumors regular

get over it, why the hell would you expect them to give you a rebate when you are not using att, the exclusive partner?????

8. mp3nmp4 macrumors newbie

Indeed, he has a point...

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

begin endless debate about why people are entitled to price corrections because of blah blah blah blah ad infinitum.

10. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

why do so many ppl answer as if they work for the company haha

11. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Well, because this issue that the OP has is one that was publicized all over the web. It's fairly common knowledge and has been reported by Engadget if you need some outside proof.

Basically, just like Apple said, they are not going out of their way to harm the 3rd party hacks and unlocks, but they also aren't throwing out the welcome mat. Since Apple used AT&T to send the text message, it's entirely possible AT&T was involved in the rebate process. Or Apple needed a way to verify the person with the serial number and phone number was the actual physical owner of the phone. Either way, sucks for the OP, but Apple's not going to give you your credit, unless you find a reeeeeaaaaally sympathetic customer service rep. Who doesn't look up your phone number to verify you've activated it.

12. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Read the fine print for the credit (at apple.com), and I believe you will find it's only valid if the phone is activated through AT&T.