I never knew Apple made iPhones that look like......

taybo20

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Tempe
i forget what company makes those. Isn't it a chinese company or something. I remember visiting their site along time ago and looking at all their knock-offs.

stekerrod

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Macclesfield/Salford England
whats perhaps most amusing is the fact that it's currently selling above the price that the iPhone sells for on O2 (not counting the contract obv) ..... some poor person is going to be so disappointed and so short of money when they get that through the post!

chris200x9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2006
if I had the money I would buy it.....just so after I got it I could get the person in trouble with ebay, I like getting people in trouble......I am evil, yes I know :D

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
dont know if you guys already knew but iphone was actually designed by a korean company and apple stole the idea as they have done many times before, anyhow dont wana get bad feed cos i do own a iphone myself lol but yeah i didnt know till i a read it few weeks back

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
dont know if you guys already knew but iphone was actually designed by a korean company and apple stole the idea as they have done many times before, anyhow dont wana get bad feed cos i do own a iphone myself lol but yeah i didnt know till i a read it few weeks back
Are your facts as good as your grammar?

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
you're a brave one ...posting nonsense on an apple forum frequented by members who tend to know a thing or two.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
You just shooting from the hip or can you actually post some facts to support this ridiculous statement?

Considering the patents we have seen from Apple on the iPhone years ago, I doubt they stole it from anyone.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
What a joke. Maybe someone should email the buyer and tell them not to pay.

These people are absolute crooks.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
really? NO!!! i thought that we as america actually had an awesome piece of technology to claim now since japan has all the nokias, motorolas, samsung, and about every other cell phone company:rolleyes:

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
was that company called Cisco? hmmm

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Its hard to believe someone would buy that. You would think that people could tell if it is real or not. Its also one of the weaker knock-offs I've seen before.

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
really? NO!!! i thought that we as america actually had an awesome piece of technology to claim now since japan has all the nokias, motorolas, samsung, and about every other cell phone company:rolleyes:
Err i hate to say it but none of those companies are Japanese!

Nokia is Finnish, Samsung is South Korean, and Motorola is American! (hence the name Motorola as in 'Motor Roller' as they started out making car phones)

Just thought i'd straighten that one out

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
(hence the name Motorola as in 'Motor Roller' as they started out making car phones)
If you are going to correct someone, at least get your correction correct! :p The company dates from the late 1920s, but I believe it was after WWII that they changed their name to Motorola. In any case, it was well before the advent of mobile telephony.

You are partially correct in that the name change was to accent "motor" in their name... only it was for car radios, not phones.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
You are partially correct in that the name change was to accent "motor" in their name... only it was for car radios, not phones.
Yes, and also "roller" had nothing to do with it. The company's name was an homage to the venerable Victrola, and Motorola was just one of several companies trying to cash in on that name power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.