Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
How much to do something like this?

Magritte_TheSonOfMan.jpg

thegord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
it can be done. wont be exact dead on, but i could do something like that incorporating the logo in there. would look pretty cool. around 60-100 bucks i could do it

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I have an Airport Base Station and a set of white Creature speakers that I think would look pretty sick with an paint job.
Thinking of the base station as a ship, the sub as some funky alien artifact and the satellites as aliens. I'd give you some examples but I'd rather not stifle your creativity.
Does that seem possible, and if so, how much would you want to do them all?

Attachments

• airport.png
    airport.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 489
  • creature.png
    creature.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 489

thegord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
yea the airport station looks like a spaceship. i got some ideas for it. 90 bucks for the three

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
yea the airport station looks like a spaceship. i got some ideas for it. 90 bucks for the three

That's a fair price. How long do you think it would take to paint the Airport? I can live without speakers for a while, but the thought of losing my wireless connection...

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Wow I love your creativity! It works very well! does it give it a funny texture? What do you finish it with? Is the paint thick? does it add a couple of mm?

Thanks

looking forward to seeing the airport when done!

SpaceJello

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
AWESOME!!!!
I would imagine it doesn't void any warrenty... right?

I just don't have the guys to do the same thing. Love the illustrated tree.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
when I get my macbook pro I would pay for something cool to be painted on it....does it void warranty?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I first saw the title of this thread and thought to myself "WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING TO YOUR MAC!?!?!" Then I saw the pictures and was in awe. It looks absolutely stunning.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
thegord, you done well.

People here are hypercritical and will slag off anything they don't like, as well as worshipping Job's arsehole.

You've won them all over and gotten a fair few offers of more work. Congrats. You're seriously talented. I hope the website goes well, I'd love to see more people with good paintjobs on their laptops.

Scary stuff isn't my thing, but if I wasn't planning on selling my PB, and wasn't 5000 miles away in the UK, I'd deffo be wanting you to paint my PB (in a non-scary theme) :)

thegord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
That's a fair price. How long do you think it would take to paint the Airport? I can live without speakers for a while, but the thought of losing my wireless connection...

i could have it done probably about the same day as i get it (airport that is) and send it out in a day or so, we just got 2 ft of snow out here so might slow it down by a day, post office is far. the paint isnt that thick at all. for the airport i would just use acrylic to make it space worthy and functional. i have a pretty good idea for the big sub. space-age and metal looking for some sort of artifact.

thegord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
thegord, you done well.

People here are hypercritical and will slag off anything they don't like, as well as worshipping Job's arsehole.

You've won them all over and gotten a fair few offers of more work. Congrats. You're seriously talented. I hope the website goes well, I'd love to see more people with good paintjobs on their laptops.

Scary stuff isn't my thing, but if I wasn't planning on selling my PB, and wasn't 5000 miles away in the UK, I'd deffo be wanting you to paint my PB (in a non-scary theme) :)

thank you! and everyone else for the inspiring comments.
i didnt think it was that scary.. i can do happy too! hah, i grew up on bob ross. happy little meadows and bushes and mountains.

shikimo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2007
Lyon, France
thank you! and everyone else for the inspiring comments.
i didnt think it was that scary.. i can do happy too! hah, i grew up on bob ross. happy little meadows and bushes and mountains.

wow...bob ross and macrumors have crossed paths :). what a wonderful, happy little day.

i really, really miss bob ross.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.