I placed the order!!!

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
430
0
Denton, TX
WOO HOO!!! I just put in my order for my first mac, a 12" iBook with an 80gig hd! It will be sooo awesome! I put it on 2-3 day shipping so hopefully it will be here in a week or so. HORRAY!
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
Congrats... I just placed an order this morning for the 12" iBook but w/ 60 GB HD and free shipping for cheapo me and my parents. ;)
 

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
758
0
PA
devilot76 said:
Congrats... I just placed an order this morning for the 12" iBook but w/ 60 GB HD and free shipping for cheapo me and my parents. ;)
Awesome! Did you end up selling your PB?
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
Hehe, third time on these forums .. but.. SO DID I!!! hehe.. 1:30am this morning I bought an iBook 1.33 12" + crucial Ram to take me up to a Gig!
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
Eevee said:
Congrats to all of you who just purchase a new iBook!!! :cool:

SpaceMagic , that's a great idea to get a Gig of RAM.
On Edu discount iBook, buying an extra 512mb from crucial brought me up to the standard iBook price. So i'm very happy.
 

florencevassy

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2004
204
0
Princeton, NJ
Congrats to all on your purchases!

My Powerbook will be a year old in about a month...I have thought of buying an iBook to have an an extra to use while on the road, if I visit a friend that only has a PC ;) and on vacations but I can't really justify that yet.
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
I'm the 4th person to say but i did too. But i got a 12' Powerbook. No extras but hay, like it needs it! :p
 

londy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2005
56
0
louisville, ky
oooh oooh me me! i did too ;) just a short 30 minutes ago, i placed an order for a 12" ibook with 768 RAM and 100GB hd. threw in a mighty mouse and ipod 30GB for good measure.

thanks folks for answering my questions and being so knowledgeable that i lurked almost everyday for the last 2 months :eek:

i'll be needing much help once that baby shows up, but i'll take it to another part of the forum :D
 

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
2,964
753
The Mergui Archipelago
Congratulations everyone on your new purchases :D.

Unfortunately now you all have to go through the most painfull week of your lives waiting and checking your order status :eek:.

Oh the humanity :p!
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,191
5
Adelaide, Australia
I'm looking forward to Apple's sales figures for this quarter. I swear I've never seen so many "I just bought an iBook" threads in my life. It's awesome. :)
 

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
1,690
0
yea, seems odd to have so many people purchase the ibook and post in this thread. congratulations to all. if its your first you'll be surprised at how easy it is. one thing to remember though.

Apple menu > system preferences > energy saver > highest performance.

this will let your system run at its best...good for heavy computing but probably not the best for web surfing, it will eat up all the batteries energy. also, by ram from a third party and at least 512MB is recommended but i would put in as much as possible.


also, i just noticed. try turning off the fonts that the system doesnt require. it does speed things up a bit. you'll need to do this with care though cause the system and some apps require certain fonts so be cautious.
 

ctsport1234

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
236
0
Congrats to you all! Especially to new mac users you will not be dissapointed! :D

I personally can't wait till expo Paris so I can buy a new RevE 15'' PB :p
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
Awesome! Did you end up selling your PB?
Ha, thanks for noticing... Actually, the very best that could happen, happened. My older sister wanted an Apple laptop to replace her ailing Dell (er, it won't even shut down all the way). When I suggested she take my PB and I get a new iBook she was less than thrilled, (who wants a hand-me-down, right?). But when I told her to go look at them both in person, and she finally did, she called me bashfully admiting that she liked the look and feel of the PB more.

I agree, but since it will be her primary computer, I don't mind sacrificing a little bit... especially since the iBook will complement my iMac G5 (my primary computer) so well. :D ;)
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
mad jew said:
I'm looking forward to Apple's sales figures for this quarter. I swear I've never seen so many "I just bought an iBook" threads in my life. It's awesome. :)
Yeh and I couldn't find a reseller in stock in the UK. I'm having to wait for mine. The guys at CWOnline are amazing, they give you a phone straight after they receive your order so you can ask them anything. They told me their stock should be in this week but demand is high!

In response to Andy, I don't mind waiting! Its for university and at the moment I can use my G5. It'll be nice to get my hands on a modern mac laptop again though.

EDIT: They just phoned! I'll be getting it tomorrow! Yippeee:)

EDIT 2: When did the iBooks become slot loading?!
 

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
332
0
England
SpaceMagic said:
...
EDIT: They just phoned! I'll be getting it tomorrow! Yippeee:)

EDIT 2: When did the iBooks become slot loading?!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago - Nov/Dec 2003 i think :p - whenever they became iBook G4s
 

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
1,259
1
Michigan
devilot76 said:
Ha, thanks for noticing... Actually, the very best that could happen, happened. My older sister wanted an Apple laptop to replace her ailing Dell (er, it won't even shut down all the way). When I suggested she take my PB and I get a new iBook she was less than thrilled, (who wants a hand-me-down, right?). But when I told her to go look at them both in person, and she finally did, she called me bashfully admiting that she liked the look and feel of the PB more.

I agree, but since it will be her primary computer, I don't mind sacrificing a little bit... especially since the iBook will complement my iMac G5 (my primary computer) so well. :D ;)
Cool beans, devilot. :)
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
stonyc said:
Cool beans, devilot. :)
Hee, thanks! :eek: I see from your sig that you have an AWESOME PB, that thing must take such a simple game as Diablo II/ LoD like it's nothing! :eek: 128MB of VRAM. *drool* ;)
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
Wow!!! I've never seen so many people say they bought an iBook/PowerBook in one thread!

All I can say is C O N G R A T S!! :D

Yeah, I ordered 2 iBooks in the past month. :p

yeah, looks like there has been lots of demand for these iBooks.

Looks like Apple is doing good :)
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
Congratulations to all those that are purchasing a new iBook or PowerBook. That is awesome. I'm jealous. Hope that AppleCare and extra RAM was purchased also.
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
wdlove said:
Congratulations to all those that are purchasing a new iBook or PowerBook. That is awesome. I'm jealous. Hope that AppleCare and extra RAM was purchased also.
I wont touch AppleCare, its useless. They treat you sh*t all the same. I did buy extra ram though :D
 

lfielder06

Guest
Dec 5, 2004
193
0
Well I guess I will add to the list of buyers. I bought a new 1.5ghz 15" PB and the same day my wife bought a new 1.33ghz 12" iBook. Both will be here on thursday! :D
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.