I preordered within minutes, this was my experience (WITH PHOTOS!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CJayC, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJayC macrumors 6502

To begin, let me tell you my setup. I knew the servers were going to be pounded hard but not this hard. I had 2 laptops in front of me. One was browsing MR and the other had store.apple.com open with a macro I coded to click refresh every 1.5 seconds. As soon as I saw the screen change to what we see now, I got off MR and began my preordering process. (btw, I have central time zone)

[​IMG]

3:01AM--I started my preordering process.

[​IMG]

3:03AM--Chose my phone.

[​IMG]

3:04AM--It was processing and then I got the error message. I didn't have any idea how fatal this screen would turn out to be later during the day so I thought nothing of it. I simply clicked back then tried again and got through in 10 seconds.

[​IMG]

3:10AM--My parents just came home from a party and asked me to come down so we could talk a bit. Had I known the plethora of issues that were to happen, I would have never agreed so easily to go chit-chat with them:rolleyes: So now I chose the store I was going to pick it up at.

[​IMG]

3:11AM--One minute later and I'm done with the whole process.

I can't help but feel really bad for the people who couldn't get their orders through :(

2. Phenomkickz macrumors member

3. wishman35 macrumors regular

Why in the world would you choose to pick up as opposed to given the rare option to get it delivered to your door on day one? Reservations were easy to come by, getting it for delivery was the hard part!

At least with delivery your iPhone will stay sealed in box and not get touched by the greasy paws of an Apple "technician"

4. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I'll be going with a hot girl who wanted to go with me. I'll mention for him not to open the box. All the activation stuff can be done at home by yourself.

5. wishman35 macrumors regular

Please do... they will pressure you into opening it for you so they can "Quickly help you out with getting your phone set up"

Yuck ... if only they didn't feel the need to open everyones phones the lines would be extra fast.

6. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Nice Gratz. My first experience was similar ordering 2 at 245am AZ time. I had some issues when I wasked asked by my mom to order here one at 6pm. After about 20 errors on various screens I got the Thank You.

7. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I cannot get to that add to cart screen. I still get that awful "Come To an Apple Retail Store blah blah blah" :mad:

8. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you serious? They want to open people's phones? That's ****ing disgusting. I don't want loser genius workers who can't afford iPhone to show me how cool they are by touching my iPhone.

9. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Dude. You need to chill. They generally activate in store when you pick it up unless the servers take a nosedive and die hard. And being able to afford the iPhone doesn't make you a winner. You're not a special little snowflake, whatever your mommy told you, you'll get the same treatment as everyone else.

10. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Totally agree here. I wonder if the "amazingly hot girl" he's going to the store with helped him code his auto-refresh macro...:rolleyes:

11. Pared macrumors 65816

You're calling them losers, while you took a screenshot of every step of ordering a phone just to make this thread?

....right.

12. mantan macrumors 68000

Sounds like too much work in the middle of the night.

I walked into the ATT store around noon, had a friendly sales person enter the order and walked out 10 minutes later. Done.

No middle of the night logins or fighting server problems all day.

13. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

This is all kinds of awesome.

14. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Look at this cool guy. If I don't want my phone to be touched then it's my ****ing right.

And being able to afford the iPhone doesn't make you a winner.

I'll say. You're a prime example. Why are there so many cool guys trolling MR today?

15. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I never got that last screen with all the details, I only saw a screen like this:

[​IMG]

I'm guessing mine didn't actually go through, and I didn't get an email. Gonna give my the Apple Store a call when they open.

16. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

lol I wasn't responding because I'm guessing he's 15 tops. But...I do like the above quote :D

17. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Because not everyone can stay home all day Thursday? Some of us have to work and have family oligations, you know ;)
    Apple no longer accepts reservations.

18. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

It was easy for you bescause Apple & AT&T know that Sugar Land is a bunch of rich snobby people with money so of course they will provide their stores with more stock. ;)

Joking by the way I grew up in Fort Bend County. I didnt have any issues either and I am getting mine from the Apple store in Uptown.

19. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

Kid, you are amazing!!! I hope my kid (when I have kids) grows up not being anything like you.

20. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Yeah, I'm not a guy, and I'm not trolling. What's up with the profanity? It's completely unnecessary. How old are you, twelve? Stop being rude and grow up. It's just a phone.

21. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I was getting that page too and found out later that it did not go through. Luckily I was able to get it to go through before the dates changed. Call your Apple store!

22. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

And I really like your icon/avatar.

23. uhhitsjames macrumors member

I reserved my phone because UPS, FedEx, and all those companies come around my neighborhood later in the day. I plan on having them "set up" my phone in the Apple Store because if yesterday brought down servers, I can't imagine what's going to happen when everyone is upgrading that day.

24. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Classic referring to an unfamiliar individual as "kid" in an attempt to sound condescending.

Because swearing is limited to twelve year olds, right? How do you know this? Converse with a lot of 12 year olds? Calling it "just a phone" automatically rescinds any credibility you thought you had on the subject. It's more of a mobile handheld computer with an iOS that also happens to be able to make calls.

25. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Oh, my God. This thread gets funnier and funnier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.