I really Miss Steve.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hello..., Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

The excitement is in the air for the new iPad, and all I can think about is I wish Steve was here.
    Anyone else feeling kinda blue over this?

2. matttye macrumors 601

I'm always sorry to hear of someone dying, but I didn't know the bloke so I'm not overly cut up.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Sorry, don't mean to sound hard hearted...but no, I don't feel kinda blue about it.

I guess my grieving period is resolved.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Obviously, only time I "saw" Steve was at keynote presentations, and I'm finding it hard to believe that he won't be here to introduce the next iPad. Part of me feels like he's going to walk out onto the stage as usual to thunderous applause and smile shyly as he says, "Thank you, thank you. Thank you for being here..."

I think it might finally hit me that he really is gone when I see the video of this year's iPad presentation.

5. Nightprowler macrumors regular

With all his success since the initial iPod I can't imagine he wasn't satisfied with what he did with his company.

I just hope his personal life was equally fulfilling.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Never knew him. No feelings towards him at all

7. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Mr. Jobs stepped down from his position as CEO, to clear away the old and make way for the new CEO, Tim Cook. The newest CEO. I like him.

I've gotten very used to him.

8. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ya it's sad Tim cook just dosnt have the jobs way to him. I mean Steve was special

9. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Over dramatic much?

Yes, he created tons of cool things that we use. But we did not know him, nor attend his funeral nor see him on a daily basis.

You're like the people who cry over celebrity deaths. Like really? C'mon now.

10. AriX macrumors 6502

AriX

I wouldn't go so far as to say I miss him, since I never knew him personally... But honestly I will miss him, in a way, as he always... you know, made Apple keynotes awesome. Because he was so passionate about his products, and his delivery was always entertaining.

His death hasn't really sunk in yet for me... primarily because I often think of aspects of products I use that he pioneered, and some quite recently.

11. IAmKab macrumors newbie

12. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I miss him being the CEO of Apple and doing these presentations. He was great at it.

I didn't know him personally, so I don't miss him in that way because I never had that kind of contact with him.

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

If it's the entertaining presentation you miss, that's understandable.

Part of the fun of a new product intro was watching his showmanship. His carefully rehearsed phrases made even common things sound new and magical. He wasn't selling just specs, he was selling you a better life if you bought his wares.

Other presenters are boring in comparison.

14. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Wow there are some real darwin award winners in this thread. Nonetheless i do miss steve and I've always looked forward to the keynotes with his enthusiasm.

I'm going to miss his keynotes but I'm glad that he left such an legacy at apple that his presence will be felt for generations to come.

Oh and before someone attempts to say I'm being "Over dramatic". I don't give a damn :D

15. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I agree with this and the OP.

16. Vulcan4770 macrumors member

Vulcan4770

17. Irishman macrumors 68030

I get where you're coming from. This type of event is where Steve would really shine, and so everytime we have a major rollout without him there at the helm (especially with his trademark "one more thing), it just drives home the point that he's really dead and gone.

That smarts a little.

18. rkahl macrumors 65816

such drama. do you really need this much attention?

19. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

It was always amazing to attend a Stevenote. Just because of who he was he had extraordinary authenticity. When Steve said it you knew it would be so. After the keynote someone else would give the same presentation in the Appke booth. Even though it was the same information it wasn't the same. Even if Phil Schiller made a statement you knew that if it was wrong he would be corrected. Who would correct Steve (about Apple)? Who would correct Einstein about Relativity? Who would correct Henry Ford about the auto industry? Who would correct Michael Faraday or James Clerk Maxwell about electricity and magnetism? When Steve made a presentation it was authentic, it was the last word, it was historic.

Remember when he joked about making a podcast about Apple rumors because he knew a little about that?

20. bri1212 macrumors 6502

I completely agree! He made it worth waiting, because he was worth waiting for, and so was the "one more thing".
    For those of you who don't miss him because he wasn't a part of your lives. That's too bad, you missed out.

21. Hello... thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello...

drama, no I just really feel lost without him on stage.
    I was wondering if others felt the same way.

22. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I wish he was still with us, too.

Not a thing wrong with thinking about someone whose accomplishments have made such a global impact and bettered our lives.

23. jakeryan9 macrumors newbie

He didn't force you to read or comment on his thread.

I, for one, actually DO miss Steve. Sure, I only saw him on presentations, But he was an amazing person and was someone I personally looked up to. If you don't really care, thats alright, but don't tell other people that have different opinions on Steve's death that they are just looking for attention.

24. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I'm not seeing any drama. Having feelings are just part of what makes us human and seperates us from the animal kingdom. I'm sure his family and friends will feel the loss for sometime to come. We should all respect each others feelings.

25. rkahl macrumors 65816

Thanks for sharing.