I really regret not getting a Gold 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slash?, May 11, 2014.

1. Slash? macrumors newbie

I bought a Space Grey iPhone 5S and got bored of it within a month, not to mention my annoyance with how easily the sides got scratched. All my previous iPhones were black because white never did much for me.

Really wish I had gotten Gold, as it would be something new and different.

:mad:

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Life goes on! You'd get bored with any color anyway, the novelty wears off. :)

3. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I've got the gold. I've kept it in a silicone case permanently and yet there are still scratches on it :(

Silver scratches the least I believe.

4. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Hey, that happens. We all have buyers remorse occasionally. Unless you're planning on upgrading to the 6 anyway, once it's released, if it really bothers you a lot, you could always check on-line ads to see if there's another person out there, who has a Gold 5S of the same capacity as yours, and who also has buyers remorse, and wished he/she had bought SpaceGrey. It sounds crazy, but hey, you never know, right? Both your and their unit should still be under warranty, but needless to say, you might want to tread very carefully if you considered that option.

On a related note, most of those mock-ups and renderings of the coming iPhone6, seem to be of a grey-ish variety. What I am wondering about is, if Apple will continue with the trio of Silver, Gold and SpaceGrey, for the new line-up, or if there will be a change of colors or tints.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Personally, I think for my next iPhone, i will stay away from the white bezel. The 5S feels so fake to begin with it because it's a little thicker than the 4 I had, but the bezel just tops it off because it's also a little thicker and feels so in your face.

The finish differs for everyone though. I have some scuffing on my black iPad Mini, but the gold on my phone is still brand spanking new, and it's not even protected on all sides with the case I'm using.

6. A7ibaba macrumors regular

A7ibaba

7. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

bought the Space Grey 5s for myself on launch day. its still the same no scratches what so ever. and now bought a gold 5S for my wife.

8. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Just wait for the gold iPhone 6 then.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sell it on craigslist and then buy the gold phone that you really wanted.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you got bored that fast, the gold would have bored you too.

How quickly some of us get tired of our toys!

----------

I think they all scratch the same but the gold shows the damage less. I still will take black. My Sedio surface case adds no bulk and my 5S is still like new.

11. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

you got bored with a color on a smartphone? what are you 10? Should've used a case and you wouldn't have scratches on the sides of it.

----------

How does it feel fake when it feels much better (more premium) than the iPhone 4?

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

iPhone 4 had the glass back. Huge difference.

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i love the gold.. purely because it's something fresh. i think ill probably buy another gold 6 until i get tired of it. right now i love it. then hopefully when the 6s gets released there will be a new color. so i think gold 4.7 and possibly a space gray 5.5.

14. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I had originally wanted Gold but on launch weekend I couldn't get my hands on one so I settled for silver. I ended up buying a Nexus 5 and trading the 5s for an xbox one though. After about 4-5 months of nexus usage I got tired of it and bought a Gold unlocked 5s and got rid of the nexus 5. Much happier now and really love the subtle difference between the gold and silver.

15. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

Not even 1 letter?:D

16. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

LOL. Can't stop laughing. :D:p

17. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Traded my unlocked space grey back to Best Best after a month for a gold. I done good!

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a launch day Black/Slate iPhone 5 that has some scuffing and scratches and a few small dings due to my stupidity.

I regret that Apple did not make the 5s in any color I care for. I dislike all of the colors, but in particular the gold color.

My iPhone 5 has a black bezel, black sides, top and bottom and a dark gray metal back and it's got the whole 2001 Space Odyssey monolith thing going.

None of the 5s colors even come close to that.

19. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I have a black 5, and a gold 5s. Some days the black looks amazing to me and the gold looks like crap. Other days I feel exactly the opposite. I think this is either just a property of humans and how ridiculous we really are, or more likely related to my caffeine levels.

20. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

really hilarious film :D

----

OP, just wait for the iphone 6 and then sell your 5s.

21. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

That cracked into pieces if any sort of impact hit it.

22. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I wanted the gold one, but I didn't feel like waiting two weeks for one, so I bought a white and a grey one.

I've gotten over it.

I'll just be upgrading in a few months soon anyways.

24. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I just got gold after selling my space gray a few weeks ago. After always getting black/gray it's refreshing to have a different color!