Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l3it3r

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
All I know about my time with my 6 plus, is that I've been absolutely pleased with it. Battery life, size, speed, camera, etc.. it's all good in my book. The home screen orientation is a bit too sensitive, but that's a VERY minor issue compared to how some 6+ 'owners' have been reacting.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Quite agree. The phone is pretty inconvenient to use to the point that I pick it up less frequently than I did with my old phone. But the battery wins it all so I keep it

JCL

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
I sold my 6 plus and am now back with my 5S. Most likely going to buy the 6 later.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
If the 6+ is your only computing device and you want something that excels at nothing but is OK at everything, the 6+ is your ticket. Some people want total convergence: phone, tablet, laptop.

Me, I find that the 6+ is big enough that I wouldn't take it everywhere with me and small enough that I couldn't do serious, productive work with it.

I've also go this sneaking suspicion that tablets are not nearly going to be the life-changing product category that people think it will be. A laptop and a keyboard are still just way more productive for the vast majority of people.
It's a sub 5" phone and laptopworld for the foreseeable future. Not bullish on wearables either unless the sensors can truly do something useful.

It's my convoluted way of saying that the 6+ is more of a market filling need rather than a tightly held Apple conviction. Even they did not have the guts to continue selling only a 4" phone.

Everything you have said is wrong. Computers will be out. Tablets will be in. Bigger sized screens are going to get more popular and are heart to stay. The 6 Plus is awesome.

----------

Give it a few days until the things your used to doing one handed aren't possible and you start getting seriously annoyed. ;)

Give it a few days to adjust and you will be so glad you have the Plus.

----------

Real world situations youo'd look like a fool, not very handy in a pinch.. I already sold my 6 plus and enjoy the extra money, used the wife's upgrade for a free 6 through verizon.. All in all I've made out with over $425..

Well good for you!

----------

Either you can or you can't, somewhat doesn't apply. I know for a fact you can't reach everywhere with your thumb on a one plus one.. Unless you're shaq that is

I can reach every thing I need to with one thumb. It's called reachabity and it works.

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
Everything you have said is wrong. Computers will be out. Tablets will be in. Bigger sized screens are going to get more popular and are heart to stay. The 6 Plus is awesome.

----------

Give it a few days to adjust and you will be so glad you have the Plus.

----------

Well good for you!

----------

I can reach every thing I need to with one thumb. It's called reachabity and it works.

I know all about the gimmicky reachability, i was referring to the one plus one, like the quote implies

Uberdoober

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
TLDR: GUYS. I Bought an extra large soda and I TOOK IT BACK BECAUSE IT WAS TOO BIG. WHY DID THEY GIVE ME A LARGE SODA WHEN I ASKED FOR ONE.

TLDRDR: I am a ****ing retard.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009

Reachability works, I agree with that. With that said the amount of times I needed to use reachability was unacceptable to me.

----------

TLDR: GUYS. I Bought an extra large soda and I TOOK IT BACK BECAUSE IT WAS TOO BIG. WHY DID THEY GIVE ME A LARGE SODA WHEN I ASKED FOR ONE.

TLDRDR: I am a ****ing retard.

A I don't drink soda; that stuff is nasty.
B I generally give Apple the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their products "just working" but they completely dropped the ball here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.