I see dead pixels: iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobHail, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Maybe a stupid question, but will we be able to spot the dead pixels if the new iPhone 4 will have them? ´Cause the pixels are so small.

2. turugara macrumors regular

Yes but they won't be as big of a bother. If your the kind of person who looks for dead pixels, you will find them. However, to the average user, they may never see them or might not care.

3. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never go looking for them, but if I spot one I want to change the device for a new one. That said, I´ve had good luck with iPhones, never dead pixels or at least haven´t found any. I was just wondering if we can´t even see them (with the ne retina display), I guess there´s nothing to worry then.

(MacBook Pros have been totally different story though.)

4. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I swapped 2 iPhone 3G's before I found one without a dead pixel, but I have to admit looking for them!

They are pretty small on the 3G, so they will be really hard to spot on the iPhone 4. I think I will probably end up looking for them anyway, even though I know I shouldn't! With 4 times the pixels, I'm much more likely to find them!!!

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Worrying about dead pixels before you even get your phone:mad:

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I know exactly what tone of voice that is :D hahaha!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You're kidding right. The way many members obsess over the smallest details - I expect to see dead pixel threads here, irregardless of the display being a retina display.

8. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

The Retina Display means that you can't make out the pixels when the phone is held at a normal operating distance from your face. And that's great, well done Apple. But you will still be able to make out the pixels when you hold the phone up really close.

9. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

My iPhone has about 3 dead pixels, but I can't see them. Ignore it if you do, because eventually, your brain (seriously) will fill in the times when would see them, and just smooth over it.

10. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I have not seen him in a while is he still bitching about his phone?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's because the mods dropped the ban hammer on him for some reason.

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"​

13. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I seem to remember quite a large thread about this very topic. Apparently a sound is something that must be interpreted by an ear.

Separately, if the tree dies and falls over, you can see it...fallen over. So if a pixels dies, you can see it, as a blank pixel?

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Stuck on green (blue less and red not likely) with black or white background maybe. Dead pixel with white background, not likely without a magnifying glass. Also stuck on pixels are more common than dead pixels with stuck on green being the most obvios (because of the eyes sensitivity).

15. cwproctor macrumors newbie

Got one

I think I have a dead pixel on my iPhone 4. Just got it yesterday, and I can't stop looking at it. I can see it no matter the color of the screen, especially white. I'm a little ticked, because I have to wait for all the opening day hubbub to wear down before I can talk to anyone about it. And we don't have an Apple Store in my town.

16. Pixelryan macrumors newbie

Got two

I just found two dead pixels on my iPhone 4, bummer. To see if you have any just go to a blank note and scroll, they stick out like a sore thumb.

17. jt26 macrumors newbie

What does it look like?

I think I might also have a dead pixel on my iPhone 4 but I'm not quite sure; I've had problems with lint getting under the glass with my 3g, so I'm not sure if its lint or a dead pixel.

18. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

iHave lit pixels everywhere. Its insanely hard to see, but they are there. There is a small cluster that looks like a dust speck in one area. Impossible to see with any image on the screen other than black. Still, its enough for me to trade my iPhone 4 in.

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I wonder if he's still OCDing over his 3G.

20. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I have one, but it's SUPER tiny and I have zero other issues so I'm not going to return it aha :D

21. cjmartin93 macrumors newbie

I have a question...

I have some dots on my screen and I'm thinking that it's a dead pixel, but for example, you press "Home screen + Lock button" to capture a picture where you can see those dots, when you look at it in the photos and move the photo sideways, should the dots still be there? Because when I move mine, the dots still remain on their same place.

I'm thinking that it's only a dust or something.

I need immediate answers. Thanks for those who will be able to help me.

22. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

A screenshot would not move with the dots because the dots are a malfunction with your screen, the phone is not conscious of this. The phone takes a picture of what it sees, not what you see.

23. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Welcome to the Forum :rolleyes:

24. cjmartin93 macrumors newbie

so is it a dead pixel? what should i do about it?