Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonie

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
hey that's a good idea, i will probably do the same thanks

I did it because of the stories about people selling iphones on eBay and the buyers reporting that they did not receive the phone but just an empty box. PayPal would side with the buyers and give them a refund and the sellers would be out both an iphone and the money.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The passcode idea does sound like a good idea but is probably against ebay's rules as you are effectively trying to force the buyer to leave you positive feedback.

anthonie

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The passcode idea does sound like a good idea but is probably against ebay's rules as you are effectively trying to force the buyer to leave you positive feedback.

Well I just wanted him to state that he actually received the phone as opposed to what other scammers are doing and saying they received nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.