I still can't decide what size!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmaf, Oct 7, 2014.

1. emmaf macrumors newbie

I'm not normally an indecisive person, but I just can't make up my mind about if I want the 6 or 6 plus. I like bigger phones, but I don't want the 6 plus to be so large that it's an inconvenience. I also would like better battery life.

I've gone to Verizon and held both testers, but it's hard to tell which I'll prefer in day to day use. I'm a girl, 5'6 with normal sized hands.

I guess what I'm asking is, what did you pick? Male or female? Did you regret choosing one size? Even exchange one for the other?

Any feedback in helping me make my decision is appreciated!

2. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

Male here. I went with the iPhone 6 and am happy with my decision. It's big enough to make an impression, but not big enough to make holding it uncomfortable. Oh, and the same with my iPhone 6 :cool:

3. shaunmed macrumors regular

why would you only "occasionally" have a cover on your phone? just put it on or take it off. it was probably all that fiddling with the case that bent the phone not your nappy sweat pants.

4. circa7 macrumors regular

I bought the plus. If it's too big, I'll just exchange it. I already know what a smaller phone feels like.

5. emmaf thread starter macrumors newbie

wrong topic I'm guessing..

6. bayou.boy macrumors newbie

I had a 6 since launch, returned it for the 6Plus last Friday and it was the best decision. I do not talk on the phone, maybe 300 minutes a month, but I'm always on FB or other apps so the 6Plus was a wiser decision for me. I feel like I'm getting more value for my money also...

7. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I'm a male with small hands. The moment I seen the 6+ i knew that the 4.7" was the size I was going with. The screen size is just perfect for me. I definitely do not regret getting the 6.

8. *KID* macrumors regular

Seriously depends on how you use your phone. I'm a 5'2" female have xs or kid size gloves and got the 6 plus.

I rarely ever pocket my phone - if so its a large pocket like a coat or my running vest (has really big pockets)

Mostly, my phone is in my purse, on my desk, table, counter, etc.

I've always been a mainly 2 handed user - but I can scroll on this one handed on the T to read, had to do it today in crowded rush hour.

I like the battery life & camera. I'm very happy with my plus.

But this choice is yours - good luck!

9. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Male with small to average hands. Got the 6, no regrets. I chose it primarily because one-handed I can reach much more of the screen than with the plus. I'd be more likely to drop the 6+ trying to manipulate it.

10. Bobo03 macrumors regular

I have waited years for a bigger screen iphone, but the plus just seems half baked to me. Footprint is way to big for the screen size. Bezels are too big, and no use of the extra real estate. Apple could have am done something different, yet they just blew up the 6 and called it quits. I love the battery life, but give me split screen in an apple innovative manner. Browsing and watching youtube on my note at the same time is great, but I think Apple could make the experience even better.

11. fr0stie macrumors newbie

WOAH! We are twins separated at birth! Also 5'2" with crazy small hands! When people would constantly ask me about bendgate, I would tell them how I never use pockets and it would always just goes from my purse to my hands to my desk and back. Here's the kicker: I too am from Boston, but have transplanted to Los Angeles.

To OP, depending on your use. If you talk on your phone alot, put it in your pockets all the time, need simple one handed use then the regular 6 would be the right choice. I rarely "talk" on the phone, and when I do, I use headphones. I preferred a bigger screen and even though it's not as big as my ipad, I find myself not using my ipad as much. I love my 6+.

12. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Kind of on the fence myself. For me, I could use the 6 just like I use the 5s. One hand sometimes, etc. Nice upgrade. I would have to change habits to go with the Plus. Hold it different, two hand a little more. Of course, might be worth it . . .

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I was on the fence and went with the 6 no regrets

14. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

I loved the iPhone just in general and for the pass few years I have considered it the best smartphone on the planet after converting from 3 years of using Android.
    The ONLY thing I ever disliked about the iPhone was that it was too small. The second that I placed the 6 Plus display model (at Verizon) in my hand my mouth started to water and I knew that I had found the promise land ;-)
    My wife has the 6 Minus and even though it's a nice phone, it's too small for my taste as I need a "adult-sized" phone to meet my needs. The battery life on the Plus is also amazing. The 6- was never even a consideration for me as I LOVE my 6+ and consider it the best handset I've owned to date!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412765480.386623.jpg
    Mostly using Wifi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412765510.573347.jpg
    Mostly using LTE

15. Zxxv Suspended

surprised you managed to get married let along hang onto your wife with all that condescending bs bout the 6- and "adult sized phone" :rolleyes:

----------

I got the 6 because it fits in my levis front pocket and I run up stairs, hills, jump, climb over things, up things and kick and punch. 6+ wouldn't fit my lifestyle. The 6 screen is better than the 5s for me because apps have tended to try and put more and more on the screens instead of sticking with the device being a phone. You can see it the way apple changes the settings view each upgrade to make it look poor on the smaller device. They did it to the iPhone 4 model with the 5s and iOS 7. Now they've done it to the 5s with iOS 8. Things that could be seen have now been moved slightly or fully offscreen. There really is no need to do these things except to make people spend and upgrade. Apps do the same. But the 6 shows everything fine. Its a great phone. I have no regrets.

16. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

No disrespect my very good friend but the 6- was just too small in my opinion. We all have our own thoughts and feelings regarding this new iPhone and I was just expressing mine. If you are a fan of the 6- then by all means, utilize it until your heart is content and I wish you the best of luck regarding whichever handset you choose.
    There is no reason to stoop to personal attacks my friend just because someone has a different opinion than yours. The forums are here for us to express ourselves regarding Apple products and that's all I was merely doing.
    Disagreeing with me is one thing but to attack someone on a personal level just degrades the integrity of the forum community. Let's keep it positive my good friend and again, I wish you luck and happiness regarding whichever size handset you have chosen. Enjoy your day.

17. julius071 macrumors regular

Go with the plus. Trust me you won't regret it.

End thread.

18. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Why are you calling it a 6-? Just trying to compensate for something?

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like the plus but many people found it too large during normal every day usage. If you don't think you'll have issues keeping it your pocket, then get the plus

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It's simple. Buy the plus. Use it for a week or two. If you don't like it, exchange it for the 6. Trying it the other way around won't work.

21. Zxxv Suspended

your kidding right? :rolleyes:

22. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I'm male and went for the 6, no regrets.
    The reason why I didn't chose 6+ is that I use my phone one handed most of the time and the double tap on the home button to reduce the app doesn't help. I need to be able to hold the phone and tap with my thumb, so iPhone 6 was the right choice for me.
    If you usually hold your phone with one hand and tap with the other one go for the 6+

23. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

I had a co-worker hold my 6+ in his hand the other day and even placed it in his pocket and deemed it way too big for his taste. I personally don't understand how or why someone would dislike the Plus but that's my prerogative. This is why Apple has presented us with TWO screen sizes as to give us options.
    You may want to try picking up the Plus and if you don't like it then return it (within the return window) and grab the Minus.

I'm a male (6'2) and I used the Plus 90% of the time with one hand. The 'Reachability' feature is amazing and I wouldn't be able to (one handedly) use the iPhone comfortably without it.

24. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Male, 5' 6", small hands. Own the iPhone 6 with a Spigen case and find it to be a perfect fit for me. The 6 Plus would have been to big. I can understand the 6 Plus for the person with the larger hand and it makes perfect sense. But for someone with small hands, the 6 is as large a phone as you will most likely want to go.

25. Lyn2012 macrumors regular

I have the 6 Plus and I love it. Yes, the first couple of weeks it felt quite big and awkward but now it feels just right. I rarely hold it to my ear when making calls but use it on speaker or in the car (hands free). I also tried the 6 but the screen seemed little difference to my IP5 and not worth the upgrade. Strangely enough, despite the perceived little difference the 6 was still hard to manage one handed and two hands work much better on the larger screen of the 6 Plus. I'm now using it in a leather flip case and it's great, although the slim bezels of the LG G3 would have been even better.