I switched to AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AdonisSMU, Mar 20, 2012.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

2. pat park macrumors 6502a

my iPhone is on VZW, but the new iPad I went with AT&T cause that's all they had when I purchased.

So far happy with the speeds in my area, consistently getting 15+ mbps. Also 3GB for $30 seems to sting a little less than the $20 for 1gb.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Thanks for sharing.

4. jw6961 macrumors regular

jw6961

5. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

You're gonna regret it. Sure you might hate Verizon, but AT&T is possibly the worst company that exists.

Spotty service, over priced, awful, just god awful customer service, and shady business practices (throttling, undisclosed details, etc etc). I can not wait for my phone contract to be up with them. Just in time for iPhone 5 :)

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I would have to disagree with pretty much everything you just said. I travel all over the eastern side of the US and my AT&T iPad has yet to fail me. I think it all boils down to where you use it but that's true with verizion or any provider for that matter. And overpriced ?? Verizon is more for less so what are you talking about

7. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

8. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

Good for you! Im glad you started a new thread for this ;)

Ant

9. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I travel a lot as well and I don't agree. I also live in Chicago and get tons of dropped calls throughout the city. Especially on 3G. I had to basically leave my phone on EDGE so I can get use out of it.

Just until recently ATT had some of the highest rates. I guess they have evened out now... to a point. They still don't offer a 1GB option. They only offer 250MB for $15(!!!) and the next step up is $30. I mean, the 250mb should not even exist - especially at that price.

At the end of the day, no company is perfect. But I have personally had it with AT&T.

10. aperry macrumors 6502a

I think it's pretty commonly known that Verizon has better coverage.

I also agree about the ridiculous 250mb plan from ATT. One of the reasons I went with Verizon is because of their $20/1Gig plan. That, and the better coverage and free tethering. Kind of a no-brainer actually.

I've had AT&T on my iPhones since the first generation (in Boston area). Dropped calls all the time. Recently I've been getting these spots where I have full bars and it clearly says "4G", but for whatever reason I have no data. AT&T sucks.

11. aka777 macrumors 6502a

You are out of your mind, as AT&T 3G is practically useless on the East Coast. I was in DC for the weekend and my AT&T service could not make or receive calls for over an hour due to congestion. My Verizon handset worked just fine and in the subway too.

Verizon owns significantly more LTE spectrum than AT&T. In some cities, it's over double AT&T. This means it can handle double to triple the users.

Verizon users also experience the fewest dropped calls and call failures.

----------

AT&T keeps the plan at 250MB because they know it's useless. 500MB to 1GB is what we should be receiving for $14.95.

It's just how AT&T rolls, they're ranked last for CS and couldn't care less what the customer thinks or wants.

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

[​IMG]

13. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Well sir we aren't talking about dropped calls on a iPad thread we are talking data speed and usability. :apple:

----------

Well sir we aren't talking about dropped calls on a iPad thread we are talking data speed and usability. :apple:

14. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Nice response. You do realize they run on the same network.

15. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

Are you getting these speeds on LTE? Or on HSPA+?

16. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

They are also less for less (1 gig for $20) and offer free wifi hot spot.

17. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

But 250mb on LTE for $15 a month is just something an ******-T&T would even put out there.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Some people only need to check their email. Not everyone streams Netflix you know... :rolleyes:

19. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

yes, but it shouldn't be $15?

20. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Im thinking about keeping the ATT iPad as well.

Speed tests are showing me that ATT is consistently faster on multiple servers I run them on.

I am going to use both for a week, but right now I am leaning towards ATT. I would rather have the 3GB for 30 than 2GB and tethering from verizon.

21. MartyXB macrumors member

We seem to be mixing apples and oranges. When we talk iPad we are talking data, not dropped calls. As one who has Sprint for my phones (iPhone 4S) and AT&T for my iPad 1 (from day 1) I can say that I had zero issues with AT&T with my iPad. Here in the NYC area I found speeds just fine (3G) and am looking for a better experience now that I will be getting 4G(fake LTE) + real LTE.

22. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I haven't streamed anything... I check email and look at web pages... 3 days in (activated 3/17 at like 8pm) I'm already at 53mb and I started using Opera mini to keep the data down.

I'm on the 200mb data plan on my iPhone and I need to shut the data off sometimes for a few days to catch up. I'm already at 65% of my usage of my phone with 16 days left to go... :-/

23. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Being that I live in the DC metro area I don't think I can really go wrong with either one since they're both 4G, it'll pratically be the same speeds 90% of the time.