"I think I'm going to wait" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BBQ BOY, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

    Feb 23, 2010
    How many of you are choosing to hold off on the new iPhone4?
    I have one waiting for me in the morning and due to the new information of dead pixels, proximity sensors, yellow spots and the terrible reception fiasco I think I will hold off or go with another provider and brand of phone.
    To be honest Apple already has a huge strike against them by sticking with AT&T and now the most recent events.
    I'm not about to buy a phone and have this many issues when I own 3 businesses and I heavily rely on my phone.
    who else id going to wait for a fix, whenever that may be or leave Apple all together?
  2. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

    Jun 16, 2010
    apple stands by there products. they'll replace it .
  3. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

    Feb 23, 2010
    Replace it with what? Another problematic phone. They will not have a remedy for this phone in time for headaches to heal. They can't even keep up with the demand now with months to years of planning and R&D.
  4. zub3qin macrumors 65816


    Apr 10, 2007
    Add to that the proximity sensor not working for many many people... cheek is hitting the buttons when on a call.
  5. splashnader macrumors 6502a


    Jul 1, 2008
    Via Satellite
    There were many of these same issues last year for the launch of the 3GS. Apple took care of these issues. Wait a few days and go to an Apple store. Talk to a genius and they will work with you to fix your problems.
  6. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

    Nov 2, 2008
    I'd almost be tempted to wait, too, except for the fact that my iPhone 3G will be shipped to its new owner tomorrow, so I kinda, sorta need a new iPhone tomorrow.
  7. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

    Jan 16, 2008
    Dude they're just dead pixels and yellow spots. How the hell is that going to hurt you when you're running a business. And the signal thing isn't even a problem. Reviewers said that it's just a bug with the bars, and it's actually receives signals a little better (not much, but better then the 3G).

    The proximity sensor may be a problem i guess, but nothing that won't be fixed pretty soon. I get waiting a month or so (that's a really good reason why I'm in no hurry), but switching phones and carriers completely???
  8. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

    Feb 23, 2010
    Are you serious? The signal isn't a problem? Have you even been reading the first hand reviews? If you forget to use your right hand you drop calls. Don't touch the phone on the outsides or you drop a c all? This isn't a signal issue? Bumpers and cases may not even resolve the problem until the fix arrives.
    No the yellow spots do not effect my capabilities in running my businesses but it is unacceptable. When will Apple learn from their lessons?
  9. Lamarak macrumors 6502

    Jun 8, 2010
    Im only waiting because ATT messed up my renewal for the 15th and by time got it worked out where I wasnt paying 599 price ( down to 299 what it should have been) it was the 18th. I cant wait in lines do to handicap so its waiting for me. Though I guess not horrible seeing the issues, but apple does make sure your taken care of, though may take time.
  10. stevensr123 macrumors 6502

    Apr 22, 2010
    Lol not a problem? Yet another apple apologist, the iPhone screen is small, a large yellow blob and dead pixels are extreme noticeable and annoying. Bad signals are not a problem?!! It's a PHONE ffs. The signal strength is the most important thing for a phone.
  11. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

    Jan 16, 2008
    The reviews I've read said that the signal things weren't a problem. Not sure which ones you've read, but i guess the ones I've read didn't notice that it was a problem. If it's as bad as y'all say, then it's way worse then i thought.

    And how did i all of a sudden become an Apple apologist??? I hate macs with a passion (I'm a gamer first) and while the yellow tint and dead pixel thing is bad, it shouldn't be too surprising that there are problems to begin with. It's the first batch, same thing happened to the 3GS, Macs, Evo, Xbox 360, and I'd be willing to bet at least another third of the tech released in the last decade.
  12. jhkaplan macrumors regular

    Jan 29, 2008
    Put me in the group of "I think I'm going to wait".

    Although, I'm not going to wait for another phone or another carrier. I've already decided I'm getting the iPhone 4. I just tonight decided that I'm not going to wake up tomorrow morning and get in line for it on launch day.

    With the issues I've been hearing, I think a wait of 2 weeks or so will be worth it. By then, enough reports will have been filed to know if there is a serious issue with all phones, or just the early batch.
  13. sparrky macrumors 6502a


    Oct 23, 2008
    I'm torn. I'm thinking about cancelling my pre-order. I already hate that I have to go to AT&T, but all these issues are just ridiculous. I know Apple stands by their products but I don't want to be paying $80/mo for a phone that I can't use as a phone while they figure out how to fix all this crap. I still want the iPhone, no doubt about that, but I may wait for Apple to sort the problems out and keep wishing that ANY other carrier will make that much-awaited announcement that they're getting the iPhone in the meantime (I know, I know... I did say "wishing" :eek:). On the other hand, I am dying to get my hands on that phone ASAP.
  14. supremeMilo macrumors member

    Jun 9, 2010
    Why wait?

    I have been upgrade eligible, and I want to be eligible when the next one comes out

    If my phone has issues Apple will replace it.

    If my phone has serious issues I can use my 3g until they are sorted out but still have the i4 for video etc.
  15. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

    Apr 6, 2008
    Downtown San Diego
    Definitely waiting... At least until this weekend. Without a reservation it looks like a 10+ hour wait here in San Diego. I can do 3, maybe 4 hours, but more than that I'll just wait further. Plus with the reception and other issues it wouldn't hurt to get more feedback from a larger sample.
  16. thatoneguy159 macrumors member

    May 24, 2010
    It's hard to resist buying iPhone 4. It really is. However, when AT&T charges $599 for a 32 GB iPhone 4 due to the fact I was bought my iPhone 3GS in February, I can't help but resist buying it. I'll be one of the first to pre-order the iPhone 5, thou. iPhone 5 will have all these features + a few more. (probably not as NEAR as big of an upgrade as iPhone 4 was to 3GS). :)
  17. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

    Jun 25, 2007
    IM struggling on deciding what to do....My 3gs is jailbroken and does much more than then new iphone 4 does. I thought about buying and then w8ing for them to jailbreak. Now wondering if I should w8.

    I love my free tethering with Miwi and us it daily.
  18. witmvpness6 macrumors member

    Jun 11, 2010
  19. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2009
    This describes me exactly. I was all set to head down to the Apple store early to try my hand at a walk-in, but with all the reported chaos I have decided to hold off for a little while.

    I currently have a 3GS that is working perfectly, so I can wait.

    It sucks to read about all these issues; after the headaches of the pre-order system I had hoped for a flawless launch that would serve as redemption.

    Even if the issues being reported are affecting only a small subset of units, I want to wait and see what the resolution will be before I jump in.
  20. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

    Jan 26, 2010
    Hopefully you guys had phones reserved. Some walkins will be very happy. I won't be waiting. I know apple will fix anything that's wrong, or will give me a brand new iPhone. Can't complain about that. On a side note, i've seen my 3gs signals bounce around, and although it's somewhat annoying, it really never hurt anything. I'll just check my screen before I leave the apple store to make sure I've got a good one, and if I have reception issues, then I'll take it back in in a couple weeks or so.
  21. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

    Mar 16, 2008
    I'm also holding off.........until August (hopefully, there are a few factors in play). I'm not waiting no longer than December though.
  22. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

    Jun 25, 2007
    Mines more about the jailbreak that is causing me to think w8ing is better.
  23. tonedef407 macrumors regular

    Feb 25, 2009
    Same here. I was debating anyway in regards to waiting in line.
  24. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

    Sep 4, 2009
    You guys are nuts. If this problem is as big as you guys think it is, Apple and ATT will be forced to make things right. Its not like they're going to make a iPhone 4.5 and NOT let us trade in our 4's if it goes that far.

Share This Page