I think it will be an iPhone 4S but Called "iPhone 5"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad 3, Oct 3, 2011.

1. iPad 3 macrumors member

Thats what I think.

I think part of the reason they called the 3GS what they did was to get the names back on track, they wouldn't mess that up again by calling the 5th iPhone a 4S I dont think, this would confuse people.

All the evidence shows what we are getting is what can be thought of as a 3S device, (but I think they will called it iPhone 5 as I said).

I think the low end phone will be the current iPhone 4 just like the 3GS is now.

I will be said if I am right!

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Or maybe a redesigned iPhone 5 with a low-priced iPhone 4 (called just an iPhone 4).

3. iPad 3 thread starter macrumors member

But sadly most of the evidance suggests thats not the case :(

4. estockme macrumors regular

Most logical to me seems to be the 5 or 4s in 4 form (and I tend to side more with inventories and strings in itunes than a few cases marked 5), maybe with more aluminum after the antenna problems and so many shattered glass backs and the problems it gave the camera on the white phone. But no new shape. But i don't know what i'm talking about.

I tend to agree with people who can't see the unbalanced teardrop design... and a change in shape doesn't have to be the only way to recognize a new phone. The increase in computing power combined with assistant will be enough of a game-changer to call it whatever they want. That in 16GB with icloud and wireless syncing would be all the phone I need for years.