Sadly, I'm back to 6.1.4 for the second time :(

Until this apps work, I cannot use iOS7:

- f5 Edge Client (VPN) never connects
- Banco General (does not log in)
- Skype (cannot IM)

Other not that important, but nice to have it working are:
- IMDB
- CNN
- and PVZ (I love to take care of my Zen garden at night before I go to sleep :eek:)

I'm hoping Beta 2 fixes the top 3. I could live with that.
It sounds like you're trying to use the beta for everyday work/personal, the beta is probably best used as a developer for you to fix YOUR app to work with iOS 7.

The other app companies are probably doing the same thing and will eventually release updates to make their apps compatible, but they may wait until a close-to-final-version of iOS 7 before updating.

shaown

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
Sadly, I'm back to 6.1.4 for the second time.
I don't understand how people can afford to downgrade back to 6.x. I mean are you putting all your app development/testing on IOS 7 on hold until later in the cycle?

Thanks,
-Shaown

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
I don't understand how people can afford to downgrade back to 6.x. I mean are you putting all your app development/testing on IOS 7 on hold until later in the cycle?

Thanks,
-Shaown
I'd say the majority of the people on this forum aren't developers and are really just trying out the new OS... No development for them to do.

martinocando

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013

Thanks,
-Shaown
Right now I can't afford to dedicate time to update our company apps. Besides, our users won't be upgrading to iOS7 until final release, and by that time, the Apache Cordova api, which I rely on for my apps will get updated, and I can make my apps work again. So, yes. I'm holding later in the cycle.

I have my hopes up for Beta 2. And if not, I will keep updating and rolling back. I just miss iOS7 too much :eek:

----------

It sounds like you're trying to use the beta for everyday work/personal, the beta is probably best used as a developer for you to fix YOUR app to work with iOS 7.

The other app companies are probably doing the same thing and will eventually release updates to make their apps compatible, but they may wait until a close-to-final-version of iOS 7 before updating.
Our apps are based on the Apache Cordova api, so until they update it for the new iOS, there is no point in going and trying to fix the compilation errors I'm getting on Xcode. So, I upgraded to test the apps, they don't work (not even the ones compiled with 4.6.3), so I'm just playing with it. But since is my everyday phone, I can't live with those 3 apps I mentioned.

----------

I'd say the majority of the people on this forum aren't developers and are really just trying out the new OS... No development for them to do.
Is not my case :cool:

konicky

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012

Thanks,
-Shaown
I thought this was a joke but you're getting serious replies. So just in case, have some :D :D :D :D

MIZA

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2013
Sorry to say but I had just spent some time with it today and while I really did enjoy it .. It just wasn't worth giving up some patience for crashing apps and faster speed that you get with the iPhone 5! Unfortunately it's a deal breaker for me and to be honest I don't remember iOS 6 beta 1 being this buggy! Yes I understand its a beta once again guys, which is fine.. But it seems to have lots of little issues. Enough for me to go back to iOS 6.1.4! I will be back though in about a month to try it out again, when the iOS is more stabilized!
Totally agree. Apple betas are buggy as hell. And lacks the apple polish. I said **** it too and downgraded. Now we wait for another boring iPhone 5 release with an S attached to it.

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
i remember iOS 5 beta 1 was good and then beta 2 came out and it was really bad, that is why apple released beta 3 in 9 days instead of the 2 weeks
That isn't true iOS 5 Beta 3 released 17 days after Beta 2.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
That isn't true iOS 5 Beta 3 released 17 days after Beta 2.
if it didn't happen with beta 5, then it happened with beta 4...but the point is it happened and it can happen again.

edit: you are correct, but now i'm stumped on when it happened. i don't think it happened on ios 6

Last edited:

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Oh really? I thought it got better with time lol

The build gets 'better' but not necessarily smoother to the end user.. They focus on different areas in each beta and may disable features (optimizations) to allow bugs to show through.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I went back on iOS 7 and I noticed that I had a voicemail but no recent call history and I didn't hear my phone ring! Weird!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like the thread title is essentially "I think it's silly to stay on iOS 7 beta [for me]" :apple:

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Left the room and came back and seen my phone was off! I tried to turn it on by pressing the on/off button and that didnt work, I than pressed the home button and the on/off button and it is now on...did this happen to anyone else? The phone was plugged in and charging..I was afraid that my phone was ******** for a second there

This is a perfect example, this never happened before to me on any other beta!

ironman159

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Costa Rica
Wicked I thought I was going to hear another rant about how non developers shouldn't install it lol :p
Oh, you know what Steve said: "Technology is not just for some of us" :D

do they automatically get sent to apple? i thought they didn't, that is why we have to file a bug report.

i hope everyone is filing a bug report for each bug.
AFAIK, there's a setting inside iOS to send crashes and that sort of stuff automatically to Apple. I think the formal "bug report" is for something as a glitch that normally do not make the OS crash. Just my 2c.