I think we can put all speculation to rest now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raphy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Raphy macrumors member

There's been a lot of talk about whether some of us would receive our phones a day or two early. I just checked my tracking info and go the answer:

captured2.jpg

.....so sad

2. ryhno45 macrumors regular

If you are the receiver, can you just call, visit, UPS and say "please disregard the hold?"

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I think you can call up UPS and tell them to deliver. Or that you can go and pick-up. Well, my friendly UPS guy that delivers for us every day at work has told us quite a bit of work-around about UPS policies.

5. DiegoFrancisco macrumors member

+1. What does Apple gain by having every phone delivered on the same day?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ UPS can work something out, especially if it's "a receiver hold." :p:p:p:p

7. dad2rem macrumors newbie

I got it too. Mine's being held. (That's what he said.) Seems Apple could have said something, though I know they didn't have to, since they DID say it'd be delivered the 19th. Still, they must've known that we were getting shipping notifications and would be anxious. Rather heartless, but not surprising that nothing came out of the land of secrecy. Oh well...

8. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

It's UPS that should of had the hold showing the entire time. It's not like apple just called. There was no reason to put different delivery dates.

9. The General macrumors 601

Oh good, my jealousy has ended. Hopefully the people waiting in line get theirs first!

10. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I see it says receiver requested hold, but being apple is shipping the product and until the product gets in the customers hands, the customer still does not own that product..

If your package was at a UPS center because you were not home to receive it, and for some reason apple called and told them to hold the package, there is nothing you can do about it.. And trust me if a UPS man delivered a package that is not supposed to be delivered before a certain date they can open the company up to a law suit..

That happens when new games come out for consoles, you go to your local Game Stop and it some games say on it don not sell before 7/10/09. If they get caught selling them early the game manufacturor can sue that game store company for a early release...

When I worked for UPS part-time they were really strict when it came to time line deliveries.. I doubt they will deliver early unless one slipped through the cracks...

James

11. chattermark macrumors member

I guess ppl who ordered from the stores will get theirs first. I was so jealous thinking that you would get urs first if it was being delivered. <M>

12. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

There are a lot of ironic threads in this forum now, haha.

13. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

I'm sure one or two will get through.

14. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Looking at the screen capture above, and this one http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=722525 , it seems they are being held at the Kentucky hub, NOT the local distribution center. So, it's not like you can just go down to your local staffed UPS location and request to pick it up.

15. DarKeneD macrumors member

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

geesh what kind of friggin Scrooge shitt is this?

17. Tubink macrumors regular

18. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

This is very true, everybody makes mistakes, and nothing is ever flawless..

I hope everybody gets theirs early...

James

19. garciarios macrumors regular

18th?

Hmmm here is mine ordered 3 phones from ATT Store

[​IMG]

20. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I think everyone is going to get theirs around the same time. UPS is very efficient and will probably deliver your phone either in the morning or early afternoon. For those that go to the Apple store, the Apple store does not open until 10am. Although you may get your delivery an hour before 10am or an hour after 10am, everyone will get their phones sometime during the morning or afternoon. It's really not a big deal, is it? Besides, you'll be spending all morning playing around with OS 3.0 on your current iPhone anyway.

21. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Express is guaranteed by 10:30 or 12:00

22. weeman macrumors 6502

Actually, apple stores open at 8AM on launch day

23. Eallan macrumors 6502

This isn't a game with a "street date" though. Even the games are in the store before the date (as in UPS delivered them earlier).

Even Apple's site said "by" the 19th not "on" the 19th.

Mine still says 6/17 btw after all this. The hold was at 2:03am and the arrival scan at 2:06.

"On time with a scheduled date of 6/17.

24. natasha69 macrumors 6502

7AM for the people who pre-ordered.