I think we should all meet here back in September

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Overg, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Overg, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012

Overg macrumors 6502

Well after all the latest rumors, and the financial call, we all know that we won't see the new iMac in July.
    And probably it will pop in septmeber.
    I think that it is a good time for all of us to take a step back, and leave this forum for few month and then return when the iMac finally arrive.
    The obsessed talk about the rumor and every tidbit that is coming about it is simply nuts, and cause to every one to be more angry every day that pass without the new iMac.
    Not to mention the effect of a very slow time movement..:)
    I am leaving for now, thanks all, see you back in September .

2. deblewis macrumors member

you guys can meet back up... I'm done being strung along...

disappointed they don't even have enough respect for their customers to at least keep them informed.. I don't like secrets..

3. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I agree, time to step back and let time move as usual for a couple of months.
    Cya in end of September for a new round of gossip and rants! ;)

4. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

Why are people discounting August? It's very possible, we just don't know.

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

You must be new...Oh, wait.

6. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

If it's September then ok I can just stretch my wait till then, but most reports seem to be saying October, I reckon it'll be then.

7. ivnj macrumors 65816

With a lite change of "never". :D

8. Eddyala macrumors newbie

I live in the greatest city in the world-N.Y.C.
    Thats a Great idea and I'm all for meeting back here in Sept...it will be getting cooler and hopefully Apple will have a few surprises by then.

:apple:iMac 21.5- 12gig memory,500gig Int HD & 500gig Ext HD,Mac OS X Lion

9. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Why would Apple want to come out and say "we are releasing a great new iMac in September"? It's not in their interests at all.

The fact is, you are not being "strung along". You choose to take an above average interest in consumer technology. Waiting is part of the game.

10. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

Good idea but how long will it last?

I'm still holding out hope for a July release but if it's a couple of months away I can save up some more, maybe get the retina display model when it comes out ;)

11. eddjedi macrumors regular

Or of course people could stay on the forum and talk about the iMacs that actually exist. It's annoying that my thread asking for help with my SSD setup got buried by dozens of new identical threads about the imaginary new iMac.

----------

As I said yesterday, anybody disappointed only has themselves to blame. There has been ZERO evidence of a new iMac. The current one you can buy was refreshed around a year ago. A year isn't a long time.

12. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

September 2013.

13. Overg thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't mind how much time it's going to take, I wasn't so obsessed with any apple product until I start to read this insane rumours all day long, and found myself refreshing this site, and forum every day, for what? a fu**ckn computer?
    I say (to myself included) GET A LIFE....
    I will continue to read this site as I used to, once a week or so, if a new computer will come great, nice to know, if not, OK I don't mind.

I will love to discuss the new iMAc and possibilities with you guys, when I will have my machine, and definitely come back to learn more on the OS with you.
    But for now, talking on nothing, is plain silly. it was OK before the WWDC, but now, we simply arguing with each other on nothing .

14. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

can you please stop spreading these 2013 rumors you know that in reality thats not gonna happened. i first speculated that (no matter what anyone says and thought) we would have re design imac and im not to sure if with retina but probably with the less reflective glass that the macbook pro retina has. im pretty sure apple intended to be for july but they couldnt build it on time due to the screen issues as kuo pointed out We will see a new imac in the fall because apple doesnt work the "logically" or what its seems in our eyes. Abc news (which was 100% accurate with every speculation about the rmbpD) sometime ago posted that the imac will have a very high resolution display lets hope apple makes it happen somehow idk how but apple can figure it out. so with all this in mind can we please chill out with the 2013 rumors that only you are creating because you dont have any solid or any rumors that point out 2013.

15. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

If they said "a new one will come out in September", they wouldn't sell any of the exixting ones until then.
    By doing as they are doing, they still manage to sell a few to people that are tired of waiting (with no end in sight).

I still think this is a lousy service to the client.

16. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Isn't the language in that quote from the uppermost levels of Apple clear enough? The iMac/Mini/Pro have merged/evolved. A complete redesign of the line or the entire desktop paradigm is in progress right now, with tight security on information. "New product pipeline". This definitely explains the long wait, doesn't it?

FYI, the only time in iMac history that a refresh took longer than the one we're in right now was when they shifted from PPC to Intel. That was a big change. Get ready for something just as significant . . . :D

17. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

you just turned my frown upside down

18. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Code:
    See you in September
    See you when the summers through
    Here we are
    Saying goodbye at the station
    Summer vacation
    Is taking you away

Based on nailing the rMBP, I'm going to treat this Kuo guy's word as gospel. We'll see...

----------

I still don't expect anything more than the overdue spec bump plus this brand new screen they're trying to make. It will still be delicious though.

19. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Looks like we'll be seeing a redesign for September/October. I wouldn't expect a new screen without something else going on.

20. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

true and in all honesty i would wait till october if its going to be redesign im so upset that it didnt come out today but i rather have a new design probably better screen meaning less reflective.. than today with the same design. it sucks so much and i dont have a machine and i wont be buying one unless i cant do without when school rolls around but ill wait. we have to at least look at the bright side because theres nothing else we can do

21. sainsburys macrumors regular

Honestly, their slogan "Mac keeps getting better and better is ********. B u l l s h i t.

22. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

I need more ram in my 2008 mac pro but it is so damn expensive so i want to buy the next iMac. Sucks so much listening to my hard drive rumbling away with page outs while working. I have to shut everything except one app haha. Come on iMac!!! I really don't want to be forced to buy a PC! (mini not powerful enough, mac pro too expensive, imac perfect but old technology, laptops dont need portability and $$$ with lower performance than imac)

23. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

[​IMG]

24. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

i am mad at them too but i think we will forgive them when they do release it because I have a feeling it will be something special this time around and we will understand why it took so long. So in a way I feel better knowing that my 5 year upgrade cycle fell on something really cool.

25. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Be careful with that mentality. I'm choosing not to get my hopes up for anything revolutionary or even a redesign. Learned that with the Mac Pro "update" the hard way...