I upgraded my 6plus to a 6plus s. What a major difference!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I upgraded me and my wife both to 6spluses yesterday and the speed difference is amazing. My 6plus would really seem to struggle at times, hang up, lag, and didn't perform as well as my iPad Air 2. So glad I upgraded. The 6plus s absolutely flies! I know the iPhone 7 is right around the corner l, but if I pay off 50% by then I can still upgrade with this plan they have going at Verizon. Very pleased with this new phone. It's everything the 6 plus should have been. I can't believe how much of a difference there is.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps I'm using it differently but I found the 6 plus to be a great phone. I'm not knocking the S version but I've not incurred the issues you mentioned in your post.

Have fun with your new phone.

3. majorrabbid macrumors newbie

Yeah but it is heavier. Touch sensor works faster (especially when your muscle memory wants to press home button to see notifications, but oops it unlocks your phone) etc etc all comes down to personal preference. Glad you love it though

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, I have the 6s+ but I liked my 6+ more.

5. Skika macrumors 68030

Iphone 7 isnt exactly around the corner.

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The main issues I had with my 6 plus we're while having opening windows open in safari or multiple apps open.

7. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

Could use the more RAM maybe in Safari. Having an overall snappy phone is also quite desirable, but every phone gets slower in time... I'm waiting on the 7 Plus.

New design is the best feature on an iPhone!

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This was never an issue for me.

But I don't use Safari*, I use Dolphin.

*I hate Safari on every platform it runs on

9. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Never had a phone get slower with time.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, I really don't surf on the phone, other then a quick search. I seem to remember that apple has upped the ram on the 6s, so you will definitely see a difference.

11. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

You'll need to change your tag line now.

Congrats!

12. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I agree with the OP. Definitely not a knock against the 6+, because I really enjoyed mine, but the 6s+ is a faster phone. My 6+ didn't lag terribly, but it did lag from time to time and didn't really hold apps and safari pages in memory very long.

Now I can truly multitask without waiting for refreshes. My 6s+ is the best iPhone I've ever had.

13. scaramoosh, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

scaramoosh macrumors 6502

It's way faster, I compared it to my G/Fs and it's easily twice as fast.

I dunno how much of it is Apple's planned obsolescence or if the 2GB of ram made all the difference, but it is a worthy upgrade if you have the spare cash.

14. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've noticed the weight difference between my 6s and my 6 which I have a my backup phone. The 6s obviously doesn't weigh a ton, but holding both phones in each hand, you can tell the 6 feels lighter than the 6s.

Congrats on the purchase, OP!

15. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

how are people on plans upgrading their phones every year? I don't get it
    Here in Canada it's almost impossible for you to get a provider to upgrade you early let alone a whole year early on a two year plan.
    I ended up ditching the whole plan all together and am on an unlimited $53 pay as you go option with 3GB data....and I spend around $1000 every year/two on a new phone, selling the old one for around $500 each time.

am I missing something??

16. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

Here in the UK I just upgrade on contract and then sell my phone every other year...

The phone brand new is £600ish for 64GB, on contract I pay 50 a month for 20GB + no upfront fee... so ends up not being too bad.

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The difference between my excellent 6 Plus and the 6S Plus I bought my wife and daughter is surprisingly little. What it did do for me is prove my decision to skip it and wait for iPhone 7 was a good call.

In the few weeks I swapped phones with her to see for myself, often I forgot I was even using a 6S. Hopefully Apple will deliver some real improvements to the iPhone 7.

18. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I agree with the OP. Definitely not a knock against the 6+, because I really enjoyed mine, but the 6s+ is a faster phone. My 6+ didn't lag terribly, but it did lag from time to time and didn't really hold apps and safari pages in memory very long.

Now I can truly multitask without waiting for refreshes. My 6s+ is the best iPhone I've ever had
    All the major US carriers now have equipment installment plans (EIP), where your payments for your plan and the phone are separated (no contract). You can choose to pay for the phone over 12, 24 and 36 months and you can pay the remaining balance off anytime and own the phone outright. I pay off my phone, sell it unlocked and buy the newest one each year.

Before that, I would just alternate using my upgrade and my wife's upgrade each year to get the newest iPhone.

19. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Notorious with android but I've not experienced it with iPhone.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 26, 2016 ---
    Buying outright then keeping, selling or giving away previous phone.

20. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Totally agree. New design is one of the biggest reasons why I like to upgrade and see the new iPhones. The S models are never more exciting than the number models, even though the S models are good as well. Really what makes me excited about new iPhones is the design leaks! Design is huge!

21. majorrabbid macrumors newbie

Not sure about anyone else but my carrier. Telecom allows me to get the phone interest free on instalments with a plan on top. I can do whatever with the phone. Sell it outright if I wish to straightaway. I of course will wait till the next flagship comes out. Pay off the old and hopefully have some cash to put towards to the new one on interest free instalments. Simple

22. Leo90 macrumors 6502

I went from 6 to 6S Plus and I noticed a considerable performance difference and multitasking handling. For me the upgraded RAM is the main feature which made me jump from 6 to 6S. Even though the design remains quite similar, for me this was the best S upgrade so far, everything ranging from build quality to internals changed. My 6S Plus feels way more solid than my long gone 6

23. BarmyGnome macrumors 6502

BarmyGnome

Couldn't agree more. Going from a 6 Plus to a 6s Plus, the extra weight really makes it feel like a more solid device and being able to have more than 7 or so apps open, and remaining as they were, is a huge benefit.

24. Merkie macrumors 68020

I actually held off on the 6s because of the added weight and thickness (and I could get a good deal on the 6), it makes the device slightly more bulky and it's quite bulky to begin with.

25. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

IOS 9.3 has sped up the 6 Plus a good amount, its almost as fast as a 6S. I will be waiting for the 7.