iPhone XS Max I use my MAX without a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xrussx, Oct 9, 2018.

?

I use my MAX without a case?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Might try it

30 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. xrussx macrumors member

2. terps2005 macrumors member

I haven’t yet but I likely will. I usually go with the apple leather case for a few weeks until I get sick of it and then go naked. My x was naked most of its life and still looks great other than a few screen scratches. I hate screen protectors so that would’ve happened with or without a case.

3. mkz168 macrumors member

You’ll regret it later on. Don’t care how careful you are, it will slip drop someday.

4. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

'Dat back glass though. Super expensive to replace.

5. sporez macrumors member

sporez

Yes, no case here. Just like my X, 7 Plus, 6S Plus and 6 before it. Haven't shattered a screen yet. And worst case I have apple care+ and have to pay the $99 deductible. I'll consider that a "no case fee" if that ever happens.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I am using without anything but keep a sleeve case.

7. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

If you find my iPhone XS Max without a case or a screen protector on it, call the cops...because it has been stolen.

8. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Depends on preference but I’m not going naked phone on a device I paid full retail for (minus $300). My iPhone X doesn’t have any signs of use on it and I plan on keeping it that way. Protective case and glass screen protector is my way to go. Rocking a really thin black case with a red bumper and kickstand and a Belkin glass protector with a lifetime warranty, which was free from Apple. They broke a protector I installed myself so they gave me the Belkin one for free... saved $42.38. original protector was $5.

9. lwilliams macrumors 6502

lwilliams

I have had a case on every iPHone I've ever had. On the days I sold them, they looked new and brought me a premium selling price due that that and then inclusion of original box and packaging. SO------ IN A CASE!

10. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Same with me on all of those and including back to the 3G. I use the Apple Silicone case when I'm running or at the gym, but I take it off as soon as I'm done. I've tried a variety of cases, but I wind up returning most because I hate them on the device. All of my phones looked terrific when I sold them.

11. SnyG macrumors regular

SnyG

I do too... when I'm on my couch or in bed where no harm can come to it.

12. BAZ1307 macrumors member

I didn’t use a case at all during my year with the iPhone X and that still looked brand new like it was just taken out of the box when I was done with it, I didn’t drop it once. It didn’t even matter anyway since when I traded it in for the upgrade programme, they literally only cared that it still turned on. :(

I bought the Apple silicone case for my Max with it being bigger but hate how bulky it looks in the case. Honestly I’m tempted to just not use a case at all. The price of the screen being replaced with AppleCare is less than the price of a case anyway. Almost seems pointless having a case…

13. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I haven’t used a case since the 5S and have upgraded every year since then. I’ve shattered (yes the entire display was cracked, no information could be seen whatsoever) one display, but the cases I’ve used in the past wouldn’t have stopped the damage that did happen. I just find cases annoying since they often make the phone significantly bulkier. I’d probably get used to using a case, but I currently prefer the feel of using it without a case. I also had a bit of trouble getting a nonbranded, solid-colored case for cheap, so it just wasn’t worth it paying for it imo.

I have noticed more searches and dents in the devices I haven’t had a case on, but these don’t matter to me as they don’t change the functionality of the device. With that said, you’ll likely get less resale value if your phone isn’t in top condition. Being in the iPhone upgrade program means I don’t have to worry about resale and can freely use the device how I want it, without feeling guilty for decreasing the value

14. uecker87 macrumors regular

No case here. I do have a 3D glass full coverage screen protector on the front and a dBrand skin on the back. You can’t even tell there is a screen protector on there unless you put it like an inch from your eyes. I went with mahogany for a nice contrast between the dark wood look with the space gray stainless steel frame. I like it.

I haven’t had a case on my phones since 2013. No broken screens yet *knock on wood*

15. ZipZap macrumors 603

I think where this matters is in resale value. If you dont resell or are on the IUP then case-less seems appropriate. I would sure like to know under IUP how much wear and tear is too much from Apple's perspective.

16. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Dropped my Max first day I got it. Fell onto my bed frame and onto my wood floor. Got a couple minor scratches. Put it into a spigen clear case and spigen tempered glass right after. No AppleCare here.

17. mac.cali macrumors 65816

What I’ve gathered as long as the glass isn’t cracked, it’s acceptable. First time doing iUP and would like to go case less. Might end of doing that since I have AC+.

18. harrisondavies macrumors 6502

harrisondavies

I must have dropped my 8+ a hundred times without incident thanks to Apples leather case. Same for my 6+, but that did have a dark corner eventually after so many drops.

I need a case, like I need a skull. Keeps things safe.

19. Macalway macrumors 68030

It's getting out of the car that will get you. Concrete is a sure thing.

20. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

I have bestskinsever installed and using the Belkin screen protector. Not using a case, I have apple care+ so I am not worried about drops.

21. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

Case and screen protector on my Max. All day everyday I don’t know what else to say.

22. Waterman316 macrumors 6502

I love the phone without a case...

With that said...

I’ve had an 8 plus and an X replaced due to small cracks in the back near the edge of the back glass. Got lucky both times and Apple replaced it free of charge. There was no sign of impact damage, as there shouldn’t be, since believe it or not (I know everyone always says this on forums) I never dropped either phone. Never laid it down rough. Never bumped it on anything or bumped anything on them. So a case I shall use. I actually like the ringke fusion x I have had on it since release day. Usually by now I’m pulling the case off.

23. psy_duck macrumors newbie

psy_duck

24. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Don’t drop then

25. kargurin macrumors 6502

kargurin

My cases always end up with a bunch of scratches on back. Don’t want to baby the phone every time I set it down.